Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 7

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

really? at my end it is just cloudy.

post-8895-0-73028700-1328823583_thumb.pn

Posted

post-8895-0-73028700-1328823583_thumb.pn

Isn't it all set to move West? Best bet of anything could be that patch off the North Sea due to hit land just north of Hull

Edited by Stephen_Mcr

Posted

Isn't it all set to move West? Best bet of anything could be that patch off the North Sea due to hit land just north of Hull

It's pivoting like a low and that stuff is heading East..

Posted

What a grim day its been. Very low cloud and freezing rain which lasted into the afternoon - causing problems on the roads and coating everything with ice. Pavements with black ice - lots of people have stayed indoors today, with schools closed etc.

I've not seen freezing rain to this extent - quite surreal seeing plants coated in ice. My car is covered in ice with icicles dangling from the underside. Our car park is a skating rink.

Temps struggled to get above freezing all day - we may well have managed an ice day.

Currently very dreich as they say in Scotland with low misty cloud shrouding everything and temps just below freezing.

We still have alot of snow cover from Saturdays fall - sheltered parts of retained snow cover and many fields are still thick with snow.

Tomorrow looks an equally drab day - but at least we won't have the freezing rain to contend with - just ice..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

snowing in the east,snowing in the midlands,raining in cheshire :p

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

So is anyone in here going to be sticking around for the spring and beyond then?

Not quite sure I am, looking for seasonal weather in the summer months is probably going to be just as fruitless lol.

I use the board during summer mainly for storms but rarely post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

So is anyone in here going to be sticking around for the spring and beyond then?

Not quite sure I am, looking for seasonal weather in the summer months is probably going to be just as fruitless lol.

im hoping this summer a cool and wet one with floods nationwide. :bad:

Im sure it will be.

Edited by pip21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

It's a lot more chilled out and relaxed in summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I'm a bit puzzled why people are disappointed, wasn't it expected to rain for our region today anyway? Snow further east and south as they're under colder drier air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

NAE puts tonight event to bed

after earlier promise it has gone belly up,hands up i got it wrong

time for sleep i think

goodnight all,heres to waking up to a covering lol

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

It's pivoting like a low and that stuff is heading East..

no, its just turning around. plus its stalled over the irish sea too.

im pretty sure isle of man will get floods by tommorow.

Posted

I use the board during summer mainly for storms but rarely post.

Lol, the last two years have been very poor for thunder, the snow lovers are complaining about the lack of snow this winter, spare a thought for the thunder lovers who have had virtually nothing for many months. Can't remember the last time I heard thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Raining/drizzle now in Oldham east and Shaw.... not freezing either. It's melting everthing and temp is around 3c. Still some icy patches but that won't last.

If a Greenie did build now with a northerly, probably just end up cold and dry. So on that note, probably see you all next winter. Toodles :)

Posted

Here's a excerpt from the forum guidlines:

When posting messages on this forum, you must respect the other people using the forum at all times. Please always be patient, there are people of all ages and from many different walks of life who use and enjoy the forum. Any posts considered to be offensive/unsuitable for any reason will be removed or edited.

Anti-social posting - this term covers a wide remit, posts which the team deem to be attacking an individual (no matter how subtley), in a style designed to cause extreme reaction, dismmissive of others' views or lacking resepect for other members of the forum are covered by this.

Any person found to be posting anti-socially will be warned, a continuation of this will lead to a ban from posting on or using the forums.

I can pm you the rest of the guidelines if you wish?

Thanks for posting that for me. I didnt realise that there was much younger people on here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Lol, the last two years have been very poor for thunder, the snow lovers are complaining about the lack of snow this winter, spare a thought for the thunder lovers who have had virtually nothing for many months. Can't remember the last time I heard thunder.

Not had much thunder or snow in the past year......as I've said, 2011 was very bland and 2012 has startd the same way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Feels balmy at the moment compared to what it has been.. temperature has got up to 2.8C but it's stalled I think.

very fine drizzle before, but mostly dry now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well to me it looks like its really trying its hardest to snow here, very very fine stuff coming down which isnt rain, i can see it under the security light, probably wont mount to anything, the temp is now 2.8 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

had a few last year but nothing special to be honest. not to worry ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

lol at people saying "the south always get pasted!!" well not really, a lot of the south get as little or less snow on average than parts of our region, they've just had a bit of luck this time. I say good for them! If you're a hard core coldie save up and go for a holiday in the snow or move lol. Anyway through all the disappointments, it makes those days when it does snow all the much better!! I bet if we had snow every day people would get a bit fed of it. After all it's not like we're never ever going to see snow ever again, we will! unless there's some catastrophic unprecedented climactic shift! which thankfully is unlikely to say the least :p haha.

Posted

lol at people saying "the south always get pasted!!" well not really, a lot of the south get as little or less snow on average than parts of our region, they've just had a bit of luck this time. I say good for them! If you're a hard core coldie save up and go for a holiday in the snow or move lol. Anyway through all the disappointments, it makes those days when it does snow all the much better!! I bet if we had snow every day people would get a bit fed of it. After all it's not like we're never ever going to see snow ever again, we will! unless there's some catastrophic unprecedented climactic shift! which thankfully is unlikely to say the least :p haha.

Technically speaking, this could of been our last ever chance, as the world ends in a few months. :lol: