Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 7

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lieing snow for the last two weeks and 15 days consecutive where the temp has dropped below freezing, not bad for the worst winter ever.

Posted

Lieing snow for the last two weeks and 15 days consecutive where the temp has dropped below freezing, not bad for the worst winter ever.

Microclimate! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

yeah that rain didn't touch the cover really did it

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Wtf is going on it seems colder this morning yet we are told not according to all the forecasts and it seems everywhere but us is covered in snow and having ice days -I don't understand -

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Just been looking at the satellite images on met office and can clearly see the front coming in from the west and hitting the high pressure from the east and stopping dead so possible battle ground situation over the weekend only problem is the temps both upper and lower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun

Just been looking at the satellite images on met office and can clearly see the front coming in from the west and hitting the high pressure from the east and stopping dead so possible battle ground situation over the weekend only problem is the temps both upper and lower

What's your thoughts on this possibility bt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Starting to snow here. Hopefully it wont last and we can get those lovely mild temps that are forecast for next week and a good early start.

Very good model runs this morning and last night for lovely mild temps.

Posted

Starting to snow here. Hopefully it wont last and we can get those lovely mild temps that are forecast for next week and a good early start.

Snowing here to , it's light but not understanding it because no precep showing on the radar anyone explain?

Posted

Just noticed that too Cfallon. I see some precip northish of us, but that's far away. Very odd. Only very light very sparse flurry so far.

Posted

Just noticed that too Cfallon. I see some precip northish of us, but that's far away. Very odd. Only very light very sparse flurry so far.

Reading the yorks thread yesterday and they were reporting the same !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I may have cried wolf yesterday but I've just woken up, looked out the window and noticed that we do have a flurry of snow falling?

It's 1.1C with a DP of 0.8C, so it was wet snow. There is nothing on the radar, and before anyone says 'your eyebrows aren't staying that easy' I grabbed my camera and filmed a few flakes falling from the sky.

NMM was indeed correct, Yorkshire thread were reporting the same thing last night - snow with nothing on the radar. Interesting.

Posted

I may have cried wolf yesterday but I've just woken up, looked out the window and noticed that we do have a flurry of snow falling?

It's 1.1C with a DP of 0.8C, so it was wet snow. There is nothing on the radar, and before anyone says 'your eyebrows aren't staying that easy' I grabbed my camera and filmed a few flakes falling from the sky.

NMM was indeed correct, Yorkshire thread were reporting the same thing last night - snow with nothing on the radar. Interesting.

I believe you pal looking at the same! Very strange how does this happen?

Posted

I believe you pal looking at the same! Very strange how does this happen?

There must be very light precipitation falling - so light that the radar can't pick it up, but as it's falling through a very moist atmosphere, it's picking up moisture and gaining a little intensity.

Flakes were quite bit too - insane!

Posted

As I said before how can you become bored of something you have seen little of just because of the time of year? Its like saying "I'm bored with thunderstorms in late August, hardly seen any this summer but I'm bored with them in late August"

It doesn't make sense.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

light snow here at Dale

Posted

I agree, i work in runcorn and there has been flakes falling

Posted

Snow has done a spectacularly good job of avoiding me this winter. So far Scotland has been hammered in December, North and West Cumbria got some in December, South Cumbria had some on Saturday, as did East Lancs, Greater Manchester and Yorkshire. And today Cheshire, sunny old, mild as they come Cheshire. Not to mention pretty much everywhere East, South and even West of our region last weekend and last night. If I was mean, I would move to a ski resort, just to ruin it.

Posted

Sno has increased in density. Not really heavy, but better than earlier.

Posted

I agree, i work in runcorn and there has been flakes falling

Wooooo, I can keep my eyebrows!

Eat that Crewecold :D

Could well be some showers from the Irish Sea today. The precipitation is still pivoting. So it would send any showers in our direction.