IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 6

A.J

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

So winter ends tomorrow? That's disappointing to hear.

I should take up a less frustrating hobby like, I dunno, meditation or something.

I know exactly how you must feel ....

post-10773-0-97398000-1329519988_thumb.j

Posted

Wow! this is good news, at last I'll be able to get the garden going and the allotment!

Just think, it's only 9 months till winter :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Got an eye on the radar - something squally this way comes! :help: 7.5oC currently and a gusty wind. Also the lightest of drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

miserable out there currently as quite an active front passes through with steady, driving rain....all eyes then to our north west to see if a wintry cheshire gap streamer can develop this evening

Posted

Nothing much here — spity moderate type rain; no big gusts or heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

Just been battered by hail here in Telford, probably as wintry as it will get lol!

Posted

well cold air filtering down now. Around 9c this morning around 10.00am, but now dropped to 4.5c.

playing football at 4.00pm, think its gonner be cold, possible sleet, snow shower.

Posted

definately shower bands heading on nw to se flow,rural spots predicted to fall to -5 to -7 here overnight.

seems a bit low to me, but any ppn around after 6.00pm could be good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and warmth in summer Snow and ice in winter

We can do quite well from cheshire gap snow here, Cheshire gap and snow was always the key words i used to look for on the local weather forecasts lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just had torrential rain and hail here. Nice little surprise. :)

Posted

as i thought bbc weather said may be slight accumaltions in North West and North Weat Midlands overnight.

big beefy showers energised by stronger sun in vigours cold north flow should prouduce a bit of interest for some.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

2012 and most of 2011 has been pritty crap for the midlands weatherwise a snowfall lasted lessthan 24hours here in brum. Role on spring-summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

MetO showing light snow for Solihull between 9pm & midnight - though I'll believe it when I see it.

In the meantime amusing myself watching a pigeon on the garden fence taking a shower on the pouring rain, lifting one wing up and then the other to make sure all his nooks and carnies get washed - I kid you not.

Funniest thing I've seen in ages :)

Footnote - he's obviously decided that wasn't enough, and has jumped in the pond for the full monty!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still a mostly low risk for the Cheshire Gap tonight imo. The conditions can be right for it and nothing happens sometimes. Other times it can work over time! February 2nd 2009 was a great Cheshire Gap streamer in the early hours. It caught everyone out and caused travel chaos and gridlock all morning over just 2cm of snow!

Id say a 40% risk of the Cheshire Gap coming out to play tonight. Best places to be if it does form is Shropshire, West Staffordshire, North Herefordshire, North Worcestershire and West of Birmingham.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

best cheshire gap streamer of the modern er@ was 3-5 Feb 2003, never had a very good one since, 30-31 Jan 2010 not too bad

Posted

The last good cheshire gap streamer here was the beginning of March 2006 which gave a really intense snow shower on the afternoon of 2nd March.

The likelyhood of any major snow showers tonight now is looking unlikely though with pressure building to soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The last good cheshire gap streamer here was the beginning of March 2006 which gave a really intense snow shower on the afternoon of 2nd March.

The likelyhood of any major snow showers tonight now is looking unlikely though with pressure building to soon.

what about Xmas day 2004? gave me my only white Xmas, off a typical weekend northerly toppler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

According to the local Met Office report for 1pm here (Coleshill - nearest station), the temperature is only 3.4*C. No way does it feel that cold, but that would probably explain the slight wintriness to the heavy outbreaks of rain which just past here.

Posted

what about Xmas day 2004? gave me my only white Xmas, off a typical weekend northerly toppler

Had some snow in the evening then but only gave about 1cm, I can't really remember early Feb 2003 to well, I do remember being in school and there being really heavy snow showers one day but can't remember much settling.

Posted

Rmgfs183.gif

12z gives another last minute upgrade on a potential Cheshire Gap streamer tonight, looks like the potential is there before showers then fade westwards back into Wales tommorow morning but only time will tell.