Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 4

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just so you know if anybody starts to annoy you, including myself :p There is a report buton that one can use which will alert other Moderators within these forums. :good:

For now, please keep sending in the weather reports and talk of other related events. As for the topic of drinking alcohol, please make mine a snowball. ;)

Some pics here... Just caught in heavier burst...

Excellent stuff Mark.

Posted

Hello folks.

Yes finally we've got some snow. Moderate snow right now, started around 2030, temp 0.6, DP -2.1, all thanks to a light easterly drift, not like Saturday!

Seems the warnings didn't expect snow along the coast. Most of the heavier precipitation seems further to the E than the official forecast predicted. The west and the Midlands are feeling the effects of a weakish warm frontal wave whereas the snow we're getting is associated with a more active occlusion/cold front sliding SE, so unless the wind turns to off the sea again, I think we're in for several hours of light to mod snow.

Edited by OldMetMan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

dunnoi if you have netweather extra but the blobs are moving ever so slightly south west and will just miss us - as metoffice predicted it will vere in that direction

One minute everybody slates the MetO and now there are correct before the event has even taken place. Let me know in another 6 hours if they were correct and I think that judging by the radars, the MetO will be wrong?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

I wish I could like your post, OMM, but they are so MEAN on this board...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards of Dry Powdery Snow

Woo hoo !!!

Snow!!! 2/10; small flakes but it is a start! just a faint dusting on things but at least it isn't melting. I guess at long last the dynamics are right so we can join in the fun tonight and not have to endure rain. Has anyone got a recent radar image to post; I'm interested whether the main bulk of precipitation is likely to break up before it hits the south coast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Just so you know if anybody starts to annoy you, including myself :p There is a report buton that one can use which will alert other Moderators within these forums. :good:

For now, please keep sending in the weather reports and talk of other related events. As for the topic of drinking alcohol, please make mine a snowball. ;)

Excellent stuff Mark.

GTLTW this is the best I can do.

post-1036-0-81218700-1328822844_thumb.jp

Posted

Hello folks.

Yes finally we've got some snow. Moderate snow right now, started around 2030, temp 0.6, DP -2.1, all thanks to a light easterly drift, not like Saturday!

Seems the warnings didn't expect snow along the coast. Most of the heavier precipitation seems further to the E than the official forecast predicted. The west and the Midlands are feeling the effects of a weakish warm frontal wave whereas the snow we're getting is associated with a more active occlusion/cold front sliding SE, so unless the wind turns to off the sea again, I think we're in for several hours of light to mod snow.

Thanks OMM as ever, sounds pretty good for a lot of us, will parts of Dorset be getting any do you think?

Posted
Posted · Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 9, 2012 - please refrain SB! A joke indeed but we're at risk of losing others who are watching. 89 interested viewers at the moment.
Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 9, 2012 - please refrain SB! A joke indeed but we're at risk of losing others who are watching. 89 interested viewers at the moment.
Some pics here... Just caught in heavier burst...
Whose that chav in the middle? ;-) He don't look very happy about the snow!! (Joke!!!:-D)
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

1/10 here for snow (or rather lack of it) - just looks like crunchy frost on top of the wheelie bins :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Now this is all very well and good and I am tempted to go for a drive and see how it looks but I am just far too tired to go out, however will this be gone in the morning like the other morning? Will it slip away from some rain later AND how long into the night do we expect this flow? Any thoughts anyone? Tell me it will stay so I can get some sleep and set the early alarm ? ...:)

Posted

2.3C now, but still no snow.

Holy poo, I personally believe your sensor is wrong, but then again I would need more evidence. As OMM suggests, I think even YOU will get snow so please keep the faith! :drinks:

Posted

Approx 7mm covering, seems to be easing off again. What will the 18gfs suggest for the evening coming out now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

hang in there SSC, hang in there ..good things come to those that wait.I am sending you some positive snow vibes...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

Haven't been reading for a while.they upgraded a weather warning for the iow.delighted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

Yeyyy ! At last the proper stuff has arrived. Let the lamp posting begin.

Posted

GTLTW this is the best I can do.

post-1036-0-81218700-1328822844_thumb.jp

Very good but let us try to stay focussed on the real white stuff which is currently falling over many parts of the region and will hopefully continue to do so for many hours to come. :drinks:

Posted

Thanks OMM as ever, sounds pretty good for a lot of us, will parts of Dorset be getting any do you think?

Is it just me, or isn't Dorest going to get the heavier stuff?

Looking at a few radar images, and while I admit its a little further east, so far than predicted the heavy band to the N of Ox is heading for Dorset not Hants.

Stopped here for the moment.

Posted

Yeah I agree with GTLTW, I think there might be a fault with your sensor, I'm about 10 miles away and at 0c I know your closer to the sea, but Thorney Island and Solent observation stations are reporting temperatures below 1c.

SM

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

2cm deposit here and steadily falling. Already queues forming on the roads. How is the radar looking for the coming hours? Will this carry on into early hours?

Posted

Thanks GTLTW, well, judging by the radar one of the brighter echoes seems to be headed in that direction, but the temps/wind direction are a bit marginal, so it'll be a close call, especially for the coastal strip. Mind you, I didn't expect it to snow here! Dew points are low so if it comes down heavy enough could see a lightish fall right along the coast - for a change!