Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 4

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Very light snow now falling in Southsea :)

YES! It shall be renamed Costa del Snowsea, in winter from now on. :drinks::friends:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Very light snow now falling in Southsea :)

see? ....keep holding on SCC .. and keep em reports coming..

Posted
Whats all this 6/10 or 4/10 or 2/10 business?
I've been dying to know this all night but thought its prob something obvious and I would be dumb asking lolol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Whats all this 6/10 or 4/10 or 2/10 business?

Intensity out of 10. 1 being very light, 10 being heavy heavy!

Posted

If I go on met office recent for Bournemouth. It says 21.00 rain! It wasn't rain it was definitely snow! Silly meto

I wouldn't take much notice of that. This is an evolving situation, that won't be of any use. PC airmass definately pushing further west. mesoscale feature embedded in this, some places could get hammered. If I wasn't so concerned about jinxcing it I'd say that parts of Dorset are right in the firing line for a quite a dumping over the next few hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

OMFG, anybody remember what I said about hoping the whole region could get SNOW, well if these were to verify? :acute::clapping:

Thanks very much for doing this, windseeker. :good:

EDIT: This was it - http://forum.netweat...54#entry2264554

Merely 4 hours later and it may well be coming true. :rofl:

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Smarty 81, February 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Smarty 81, February 9, 2012 - No reason given

Wet snow 10 mins ago has now quickly turned to the proper stuff, and is now starting to pitch quite readily.

Could have a good 3/4 inches tonight cold air is undercutting quickly I reckon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Still small flakes but slightly heavier and starting to cover cars very lightly

Posted

About a 1cm covering, bit disappointing really after 3hours of off and on snow at this rate only 4cm by morning. Come on.... tip that bucket full on us!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Settled on the grass and cars. Not roads and pavement. Good moderate snow at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

temp 0.7c, humidity 80%, dewpoint -2.5c & absolutely nothing falling from the sky here. Maybe that miniscule "dusting" earlier was it?

Posted

I wouldn't take much notice of that. This is an evolving situation, that won't be of any use. PC airmass definately pushing further west. mesoscale feature embedded in this, some places could get hammered. If I wasn't so concerned about jinxcing it I'd say that parts of Dorset are right in the firing line for a quite a dumping over the next few hours!

Flippin Eck s4lancia, calm down. :help: Mind you, some charts (maybe NAE?, can't remember) did show some serious potential for parts of East Wales and parts of the Southwest as far as I can remember. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

temp 0.7c, humidity 80%, dewpoint -2.5c & absolutely nothing falling from the sky here. Maybe that miniscule "dusting" earlier was it?

Seems weird as you are not that far fingers crossed you see some more soon

Edited by slb97

Posted

Evolving indeed! BBC weather saying snow clearing E to W in just a few hours. I'm not so sure about these timescales. Precip obviously heading W, but as you say there are some heavier pulses building up and it doesn't appear to be moving that quickly on the radar. Oldmetman's view that there may be a small low pressure system lurking may not be a bad call!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Dry as a bone here 0/10 lol

Its on its way to you :)

Posted

Have about 1cm here in north Hampshire. It is still coming down - slight to moderate snow. Maybe only another hour or so of snow to come, so I'm expecting 2cm in total. This is about the same as last Saturday, but it is colder and therefore I expect it to hang around for a bit longer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Evolving indeed! BBC weather saying snow clearing E to W in just a few hours. I'm not so sure about these timescales. Precip obviously heading W, but as you say there are some heavier pulses building up and it doesn't appear to be moving that quickly on the radar. Oldmetman's view that there may be a small low pressure system lurking may not be a bad call!

Heavy snow for 3hrs more seems to be coming our way, far more then expected.

Posted

Heavier in Southampton. but the temp is still rising - odd.

Absolutely no wind at all, totally calm.

Probably because the cloud is a bit thicker. I noticed this afternoon that the temp DROPPED half a degree when the sun came out - weird. Now, as I said, I think we will see some wind shifts which may affect what happens on the coast. Shame it's dark because it would be possible to tell a lot more from the low cloud motion.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Snowing here in Freshwater lightly, it is sticking as it is 0c and everywhere is frozen so if it carries on all night we may get an inch or two. I notice that it is not sticking to the road and pavements out on the main road yet though.

At work today on Brightstone Down a frozen puddle supported my car without giving, there was water under the ice too.

Edited by Rustynailer