Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 4

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Look out Weymouth/ Dorset/ Sailsbury, Heavier ppn around Bristol area is now heading due south...

SM

Edited by SnowMania

Posted

Not good here, temperature up to 1.6C S/SE wind & RAINING :( All the tiny dusting of snow I had is now gone :cray:

Posted

Final total is 3cm in this part of north Hampshire. Much better than I expected and with temps at-1C as we speak there has been no melt at all. It looks as if we have a couple of cold days and very cold nights coming up, so there is every hope that we could maintain a proper snow cover for a few days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Morning all! After having a rubbish nights sleep lamp post watching. It snowed here till about 3 then turned to rain :-( we still have slushy stuff but the rain is still here so it wont be long till its all gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Snowed with a good covering everywhere last night then turned to drizzly rain which has melted most of it! Interestingly when it was snowing the radar showed green and now that it is raining it is pink so don't believe everything shown on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Well after waking up this morning, im really disappointed . All the snow pretty much gone, which i assumeis because of the sleet / rain?no snow on pavements or road.

Think i have given up on winter now as this is the second time we had rain :(

Posted

We had a bit of rain here, but thankfully most of the snow cover is still here - a nice decent amount too, and we're below freezing again so the roads look a bit of a nightmare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Approx. 40mm covering here in Newbury but the Air Temperature is only just below freezing, so if the sun comes out it melt away here too. :cray:

Mind you, I was one of the lucky ones and folk such as Dorsetbred must have been desperately unlucky to have not recorded a snowflake or a small covering. One thing, I will say though is, just imagine you lived in the true Southwest or the Isles of Scilly, then again, even they get lying snow on very rare occasions. :nea:

There's always next time and I'm glad a few parts of the Costas joined in. :good:

Here's to the next cold spell and possible snow event.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Well after waking up this morning, im really disappointed . All the snow pretty much gone, which i assumeis because of the sleet / rain?no snow on pavements or road.

Think i have given up on winter now as this is the second time we had rain :(

yeah same here - bitterly disappointed!!!

it was snowing nicely around 11 last night then all wet this morn? :80: I admit defeat this winter it just aint gonna happen for us here :cray:

Posted

yeah same here - bitterly disappointed!!!

it was snowing nicely around 11 last night then all wet this morn? :80: I admit defeat this winter it just aint gonna happen for us here :cray:

Ditto

Posted

met office and net weather still showing possibility of snow for me. Love to know where that is coming from looking at the radar! :cc_confused:

Posted

Much, much better than the weekend here in Newbury with approx. 4cm covering everything including the trees making a wonderful scene. The roads are fairly clear too, which makes it a much more pleasant experience all round.

Anything we get in the rest of the month and into early spring is a bonus now. Hard frost expected tonight under clear skies and then eyes to the north for the next 'potential' albeit nothing set in stone.

Posted

A couple of inches overnight, very pleased, 2nd snow event in a week, much better than the weekend was last nights snow as it was much colder so the snow was much drier :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Roll on a hot spring and summer! Hope it's not a cool drizzly summer like the last few.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Roll on a hot spring and summer! Hope it's not a cool drizzly summer like the last few.

I'm with you on that! Once we get into mid Feb is about the time I start to look for some early spring warmth on the models. Sadly nothing really there at the moment, just fairly average. Not too long now though before we're on BST which is always something I can't wait for each year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

very little snow at home and almost no sign of it left however the drive to skool was interesting - the further north I drove the more snow there is & it was still trying with tiny little flakes - think it's stopped now though. Was amusing to see the "kids" doing handbrake turns in the carpark and someone had drawn a rather rude male appendage on the rear window of someone else's car which I found highly amusing !!! :rofl:

Posted

Morning all.

Most of the snow gone here, temp 3.1. Seems a small LP did form, but it was much further west than I thought last night, but it has had the effect of bringing winds in off the Channel for a longer time, and with a longer sea fetch, hence the rise in temps. Had it been further east then winds would have most likely have stayed SE to E.

As the pattern shifts over the next day or two, seems the warmer air will try and push right through the area this time, but we could get snow ahead of it. Best we can hope for. There is still some uncertainty next week. Last night the 120hrs UKMet had a strong northerly blast coming right over us but the models seem to have backed off that idea today. We'll see!

Posted

I imagine most Southsea residents will have had no idea we had any snow falling from the sky, as many will have been in bed when it fell!

I am pleased I did get to see some falling, but still bitterly disappointed that it turned to rain and there was absolutely no trace of snow at all this morning :cray:

Oh well, that's what comes from living here and I am used to it. At least I can console myself that I live in one of the sunniest parts of the UK and have the beach just down the road, roll on summer :good:

Posted

3cm or so covering overnight. Some should hang around today which will help temps to drop away quickly tonight. -8c might be realistic for tomorrow morning in this area.

Anyway, my boys were pleased with the wintery outlook on the school run;

post-1808-0-45474100-1328873421_thumb.jp

Posted
There will be very little melt tomorrow and the chance of a very cold night to follow.
Will be nothing left here :( Had 1 inch and it's nearly all gone :( Booooo.

Posted

Still got 75% snow cover here in north-east Hampshire. Many areas very nearby have 100% cover. It looks as if there will be no more melt today, with the skies slowly clearing and the temperature due to start falling very soon from its high of 0.2C.

May even be a chance of a bit of a top up late in the weekend before it all melts. An average week to come and then maybe another cold spell.