Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 4

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My take on the latest offerings for next week would be as follows, albeit with a slight bias towards my location. B)

Sunday 12th - slightly warmer than recently but rather cloudy on the whole with temperatures below normal with rain/sleety snow possible in the far EAST.

Monday 13th - drizzly bits of rain and temperatures reminiscent of Sunday, in a cool Northwesterly.

Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th - rather showery, more particularly near the coast, temperatures cool to approaching near normal.

Thursday 16th - the warmest day of the week with temperatures reaching normal values (8c - 9c) widely and possibly into double-digits given more sunshine.

Friday 17th - a cooling trend as the day wears on.

Saturday 18th February onwards, remains largely uncertain but I would be reasonably confident (say, 50%-60%) of a direct Northerly which will eventually back around to East as time progresses. Becoming much colder once again with widespread temperatures well below normal for the time of year. :cold:

As for my analysis, I am currently leaning towards the current GFS evolution for the early stages with my focus being on the daily temperature values, rather than day to day weather events. For these, I would suggest keeping your eyes on the latest Fax Chart offerings. :good:

All in all, no heatwave in sight, despite a few comments to the contrary and I would still expect February 2012 to remain a very newsworthy period.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

The stuff that dreams are made of, but this is a tad extreme. View here http://iceagenow.info/2012/02/villages-buried-4-5-meters-snow-video/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Plummeting temperatures again in snow covered Newbury. How low will it go before any cloud rolls in?

-5.3c as I type this at 20:42 and -6c and -7c's are currently being witnessed elsewhere.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gottolovethisweather

Posted

The stuff that dreams are made of, but this is a tad extreme. View here http://iceagenow.inf...ers-snow-video/

OMG.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
decided to edit upon seeing other posts.

Posted

-5.4 c here at 21:10pm :)

Edited by flyer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

My take on the latest offerings for next week would be as follows, albeit with a slight bias towards my location. B)

Sunday 12th - slightly warmer than recently but rather cloudy on the whole with temperatures below normal with rain/sleety snow possible in the far EAST.

Monday 13th - drizzly bits of rain and temperatures reminiscent of Sunday, in a cool Northwesterly.

Tuesday 14th and Wednesday 15th - rather showery, more particularly near the coast, temperatures cool to approaching near normal.

Thursday 16th - the warmest day of the week with temperatures reaching normal values (8c - 9c) widely and possibly into double-digits given more sunshine.

Friday 17th - a cooling trend as the day wears on.

Saturday 18th February onwards, remains largely uncertain but I would be reasonably confident (say, 50%-60%) of a direct Northerly which will eventually back around to East as time progresses. Becoming much colder once again with widespread temperatures well below normal for the time of year. :cold:

As for my analysis, I am currently leaning towards the current GFS evolution for the early stages with my focus being on the daily temperature values, rather than day to day weather events. For these, I would suggest keeping your eyes on the latest Fax Chart offerings. :good:

All in all, no heatwave in sight, despite a few comments to the contrary and I would still expect February 2012 to remain a very newsworthy period.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Thank you for the summary,

Katie

Posted

-7.3 c here now at ten past midnight. Time to throw another log on the barbie. :D

Edit

and I see Beka has just turned up. Hope she has brought a bottle :drunk:

Edited by flyer

Posted

Was -2C here overnight and that looks like the last cold night for a while. Roll on spring now I say :drinks:

Posted

A positively balmy 4.1 deg C at 10:10 pm , some 11 deg warmer than last night.

Posted
post-1036-0-45488500-1329484093_thumb.jp

Posted

post-1036-0-45488500-1329484093_thumb.jp

Snow chance I'm afraid, according to the model's reliable timeframe. :(

From what I've read it will be briefly fresher come the second part of the weekend and then much warmer interludes at times thereafter.

I don't particularly want Spring warmth to rush in until the 21st March as I think up to this time, there are still opportunities for snow and after this, then Spring proper can begin in its rightful position within the calendar.

Nevertheless, what will be will be and with some early warmth, I'm sure many folk will not be grumbling. :good:

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Have to concur there Gotto. Might be a couple of days premature but looks like the "alternative" sources are looking shakey although they are holding steadfast at present and even GP had a glimmer yesterday albeit the infamous "ten dayer" line.

I think as many have said this season the good stuff has always been pegged at 10 days. Tends to grind us all down in the end.

Funny, when I was a kid I actually used to look forward to March in anticipation of snow. Oh well roll on November.

Thats All for now folks.

post-1036-0-45316300-1329487761_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread....

also known as......

post-10773-0-85871200-1329568115_thumb.j

...is there no weather at all here then, or anything else you would like to discuss ?

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread....

also known as......

post-10773-0-85871200-1329568115_thumb.j

...is there no weather at all here then, or anything else you would like to discuss ?

No weather here, move along the queue please. 8) I could talk about my night out on the town last night but that would be off topic. :rofl:

Others are at least mentioning some pretty potent showers so lets hope we might see one or two later. :good:

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Well it's raining here but sounds worse than it is because it's quite gusty too. I'm rather glad I'm sat indoors, even though I have my head buried in an assignment due in next week! :o

Latest weather readings from here are:

Temp: 9.4oC

Humidity: 82%

Dewpoint: 6.5oC

Max Gust: 35.1km/h

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

No weather here, move along the queue please. 8) I could talk about my night out on the town last night but that would be off topic. :rofl:

...and probably way too much information - but no doubt we will hear all about it in the chat room later on :rolleyes:

Posted

Started raining here not so long ago too, though only light. Temperature is 9.9C, Humidity 87% Wind 28.8 km/h Westerly.

I'm actually more excited by the potential first "warmth" next week, we could see 16C or 17C in our patch on Thursday :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

well interesting day wasnt it. very mild early on and you could feel that southwesterly warmth in the well strong breeze. Then it clouded over and did the whole I will threaten to rain then steadily and gradually opening the heavens...on me whilst I was out in it all day. thankfully i was dressed in preparation and wow was it gusty! The 3pm downpour was great. And then true to all forecasts on time that thermometer dropped shortly after the rest of the rain pulled through. I believe it is still dropping now.

So tomorrow morning will be interesting. saturated ground from heavy rain and then a frost tonight. Typical I am taking the horse XC so I hope I can go .....couldnt last week as it was snowed off and couldnt today as he was still recovering from a slight bang to the leg...will we be going tomorrow or who thinks the ground maybe a wee bit hard?

Posted

Oh blimey that's blown it. Hampshire has flipped over into spring watch and MILD convo's.

Anyway how are everyone's daff's, snowdrops and primroses? Our roses have hardly had a rest, they must be knackered .

"Me I'm just a lawn mower, you can tell me by the way I walk"