Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Very Cold Weather Last Night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Was a very cold night indeed. Even the Lincolnshire coast saw mins down to -14c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Yes it was a cold night here as well where it got down to -6.3C.

Mind you it wasn't the coldest this Winter for our area. The coldest night here was the mourning of the 4th of February where it got down to -8.7C.

Posted

BBC weather this morning showed the coldest area extending from Lincolnshire southwestwards, through Northamptonshire and down as far as the Thames Valley, with the lowest at -16 in Holbeach, but more reports will no doubt come in today. I recorded -9.6, the coldest since I moved to Reading in 2002, and temperatures of -10 to -13 were reported widely round here.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

This was released from the Met Office today:

Coldest night of the winter so far

Temperatures last night fell widely below minus 10 degrees Celsius across parts of southern and eastern England with Holbeach in Lincolnshire recording a minimum -15.6C, making it the coldest night of the winter across the UK so far and also the coldest night since Boxing Day 2010.

Will be interesting to see if the reading from Holbeach is the lowest in the end - some reports aren't filed until later in the day, so somewhere out in the countryside even lower might be reported.

Cavendish had an hourly temp of -15.5 so the absolute min could well be lower than Holbeach

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in Winter!

-12.2c here and not got above -3 today.

Posted

-14.2C here around 7:15am, with a max of -3.2C today. Could get below -10C again for a time tonight before the Atlantic front swings down.

Posted

hi

I did not know that, any more snow in the east?

Love weather

The front will probably bring a mixture of rain, freezing rain, and maybe a little snow though nothing significant (and the precipitation will probably be quite patchy too).

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

Looks like the lowest temperature recorded so far last night (and this winter) was down in our part of the world, -18.1 in Chesham, a notable frost hollow (just noticed the NW news thread posted it this morning, so I'm a bit late....). In times like this I tend to look at Benson first, but it 'only' made -12 there last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Looks like the lowest temperature recorded so far last night (and this winter) was down in our part of the world, -18.1 in Chesham, a notable frost hollow (just noticed the NW news thread posted it this morning, so I'm a bit late....). In times like this I tend to look at Benson first, but it 'only' made -12 there last night.

Yes not far from those places, if we didnt have pesky clouds coming in would have beat -15c here tonight

Posted

Looks like the lowest temperature recorded so far last night (and this winter) was down in our part of the world, -18.1 in Chesham, a notable frost hollow.

Apparently it's a record for that station. Don't know how long the station has been open for but I suspect it was after January 1982.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Just heard on BBC news that Surrey has recorded it's coldest temp of -18 since 1947, the previous was -17.

Posted

According to Wikipedia (so it must be right then :) ) Chesham recorded -19.6 in December 2010, but don't know how reliable the information is - and Wikipedia actually says it was at a private station so may not be official. Rumour has it there may have been a lower temperature than -18.1 somewhere in Surrey, but don't have any details. What was your minimum, OP? -9.6 here, the lowest recorded (since 2002).

Edited by Stargazer

Posted

Rumour has it there may have been a lower temperature than -18.1 somewhere in Surrey, but don't have any details. What was your minimum, OP? -9.6 here, the lowest recorded (since 2002).

I'm assuming the lowest were before reliable records, i.e quality control.

My lowest was -10.9c. The record is a slightly dubious -11.7c December 2010, it could have been a misreading as it was only -9c up until 6AM...but I accept it.

Posted

-0.8c in west Manchester.Wow! The high was 2.3c so average cold really.

Edited by greybing