Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted

It's such a nightmare pattern to break out of, originally the charts were forecasting that high to move in next Wednesday and now its been shunted back to Saturday at least.

I pray the 12z is incorrect as another washout grey week would be absolutely shocking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

yeah and no doubt the continuous rain bands will be timed for 9am, and ease at 6pm as usual,

what does it take to get frontal rain bands at night here? the South and north UK, look like a completely dry day tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Any improvements to see a more High Pressure dominated outlook before hand, or just seeing wet weather occurring at night would be great. Must confess that JMA outlook actually looks okay. :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

0 hours Sunshine today, a common scenario for the past month, tommorow looks like another dreary drizzly day, was going to head to Aberystwyth for the day to get some sunshine but looks like the cloud will spread even there laugh.png

I'm even going to bother saying there's signs for more pleasant weather by the end of next week because it wouldn't surprise me if it downgrades to this again laugh.png

You should have Conor quite a warm day with sunny spells today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm going to ask Paul to add the word 'washout' to the banned list!...I hear it banded about seemingly ever other day in this thread, yet rarely do they occur....There's a hidden message there I'm sure wink.png

Posted

I would classify a washout as day where it rains for more than half the time during daylight, and more especially if there is over 10mm in total (a day of heavy rain).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

And now Bristol has seen a storm before here! Here really is one of the last few to see something now. Anyhows, a rather slim chance of lightning tonight I think. Looks like passing to our South before the rain shifts north later.

But im not saying there is a 0% risk. Less than 20% though imo. :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

You should have Conor quite a warm day with sunny spells today.

A bit to far south here in the end, by the time the low cloud started to burn off from the North East the mid level and high level haze had already moved in from the East/South East.

Fingers crossed miracles will happen on Friday and were get some sun before the cold spell as what originally looked as more pleasant week hasn't half gone down the drain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Icelandic ATD has picked up an Sferic just South of here though I dont think thats real. Nothing going on here.

Posted

A bit to far south here in the end, by the time the low cloud started to burn off from the North East the mid level and high level haze had already moved in from the East/South East.

Fingers crossed miracles will happen on Friday and were get some sun before the cold spell as what originally looked as more pleasant week hasn't half gone down the drain.

Friday looks wet for most the midlands, then dry at night

Posted

I looked at the BBC forecast earlier, every day there was no rain and suddenly there seems to be some rain coming pretty much every day now.

Posted

I looked at the BBC forecast earlier, every day there was no rain and suddenly there seems to be some rain coming pretty much every day now.

weekend looks dry on one I saw, but not tomorrow or friday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

I hope this wet and gray is out of the way soon so i can attend to my garden. Also hope the greenland high can do 1 till dec, jan and feb when it will be wellcomed with open arms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Raining heavily in West Malvern, looks like we have around 5 mm of rain so far. Currently 5oC, and in dense fog which I'm guessing is just on our Hill, usually is above around 100 meters!

Posted

Rain not turned up here in the end but another December like day aka with overcast dark grey skies and very low light levels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yep, dry here, certainly not the washout that was anticipated...saying that though, ppn is on the increase over eastern parts and this is expected to train across our region over the next few hours, so might well end up being increasingly wet as the day progresses

Posted

We've had rain steadily for most of the morning but now it's ceased, although as you say AJ, could be more on the way from developments to our East. Looks to be around 8 mm of rain here, I'm reluctant to go out into the very wet and overgrown garden to look at the gauge more closely!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Solihull sunshine shield being as strong as diamond at the moment. This type of shield is certainly being a lot stronger than the cloudy shield, which is always breaking.

The rain shield has powered up with no rain now falling from the sky, though I suspect it will cave in again soon with those large showers to the East (lol).

Posted

Uh oh that large blob on the radar is hitting Malvern directly. It's raining again.

Posted

got away with a dry morning, looked very grim last night, dry now after a light shower, but expecting heavy rain later

Posted

plenty of rain here again last night, bedford has been very lucky with all this rain lately when usually it misses out on the good rain

though today is a dull, cloudy chilly day, yuck

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

Just visited our rain gauge, we've had 14 mm overnight and this morning.

Edited by Barbmac

Posted

15 mm here we had last night

curently it is ony 7.2c here that is shocking and it was warmer than this during most days last winter

Posted

No rain here last night but had a heavy shower recently.