Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I spent last night at a very wet St Andrews.....come on you Tangerines......

Today has been warm enough to work outside in just a t-shirt, but it hasn't been sunny.

In fact, since I installed my new 200W solar panel on Saturday, I have had about 1 1/2 hour of proper sunshine!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No where is seeing any T&L though today Radders.

Quite cloudy today but warm, muggy and occasional sunshine. Not bad. :)

Posted

Sort of a nice day isn't it?

If it weren't for the wind, we'd have a fantastic day!

Posted

Pleasant enough considering recent times today, practically sunless bar the occasional fleeting glimpse as always but when its warm it makes it a lot more tolerable.

Literally no idea what to expect this weekend, pressure very high on Saturday but my gut tells me convective 9am cloud flattening into a 95% cover of stratocumulus by 10am then not breaking up til 5pm will happen as always so I may just head for coast where its bound to clear!

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

weekend looks okay, infact Sunday looking like the retro/vintage setup, the rain in Scotland and Northern Ireland, dry and sunnyish for England and Wales

high to SE and low to NW, not a common setup in the modern spring

What a terrible day yesterday it was, no thundery showers at all just grey overcast skies with some light outbreaks of rain, nothing is more disappointing than warm plumes gone too far to our east and just leaving us on the boundary.

Some cold nights expected the next few nights so some pleasant sleeping ahead unlike last night.

Posted

One shower after another here and a chilly 8.6c, thankgoodness this weekend looks dry even if next weeks pleasant weather has now downgraded to yet another northerly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Chasing these prolong warm settled spell setups is almost like chasing snow setups in Winter - they never seem to come. :lol:

A little bit cool and windy at the moment with a lot of showery looking cloud around.

Posted

Monday looking like a horrible day, even a washout, should be drier by tuesday

but again the curse of the N Midlands, dry sunday night, wet monday, dry monday night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A very pleasant day again here. A brief shower and cloudier spell around lunch but nothing like the moaning in this thread would lead you to believe here anyway.

Posted

A very pleasant day again here. A brief shower and cloudier spell around lunch but nothing like the moaning in this thread would lead you to believe here anyway.

Your so lucky getting such pleasant weather all the time when just up the road here we have the crud :lol:

Its been fairly sunny since 5pm to be fair but single figure temperatures with a howling wind is just to vile to take in May!

Posted

Your so lucky getting such pleasant weather all the time when just up the road here we have the crud laugh.png

Its been fairly sunny since 5pm to be fair but single figure temperatures with a howling wind is just to vile to take in May!

This morning was mostly cloudy but some sunny spells. Just one brief shower and a maximum not in single figures. :)

Posted

Whilst there will be some rain next week, apart from showers it does not look excessively wet. Certainly welcome to see FI more high pressure dominated. Not saying it will happen but we have had a lengthy period of absolutely no high pressure nearby so I think we should see an end for now of the persistent wet weather. Not warm and very sunny but much closer to average. Heres hoping!

Posted

Whilst there will be some rain next week, apart from showers it does not look excessively wet. Certainly welcome to see FI more high pressure dominated. Not saying it will happen but we have had a lengthy period of absolutely no high pressure nearby so I think we should see an end for now of the persistent wet weather. Not warm and very sunny but much closer to average. Heres hoping!

Not for you, but monday does for me, then yeah should be dry, similar to today

Posted

Here will probably be a bit better perhaps.

Anyway, if the forecasts are right then there shouldnt be too much cloud tomorrow. Some yes but not a cloudy 10-4 scenario if the models are correct. Sunday doesnt look too bad except clouding over late in the afternoon maybe.

Posted

horrible cloudy, dull, windy day, but by magic the cloud has cleared now and the wind has died down, gonna be chilly tonight, will my crops survive, i doubt it but i am sick to the back teeth of this cold now, why can;t this happen in winter, i knew we would pay for having a mild winter

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

Thank you weather for being sunny at the moment. Now this is what I call a great start to a Saturday morning. :') A few clouds around - hopefully the largest and widest clouds haven't gone and haunted Shropshire again and turned into Stratuscumulus. Do need to give that county a break. :lol:

Posted

looks like a few showers around telford, can see them to my west, and on raintoday, moving N to S, cheshire gap should be okay though in May

if this had been Nov to Mar, I would be looking at a washout

Posted

looks like a few showers around telford, can see them to my west, and on raintoday, moving N to S, cheshire gap should be okay though in May

if this had been Nov to Mar, I would be looking at a washout

No showers but yep what a bloody surprise :lol: its like its actually impossible April - August to get a clear day here! 90% cloudcover at the moment, laughable at this point.

Posted

No showers but yep what a bloody surprise laugh.png its like its actually impossible April - August to get a clear day here! 90% cloudcover at the moment, laughable at this point.

More cloud than the forecasts said but plenty of sunshine. That will do after the recent weather!

Posted

Sunshine still going strong here, with slightly less in the way of clouds compared to earlier. Hopefully the clouds will start getting fed up hanging around Telford and will hang about somewhere else.

(Edit: Having another look outside, it's slightly more cloudier than I thought, but still some bigg(ish) areas of blue sky around).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Blue sky already increasing here. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well there's one thing to say about recent events, the ground is quite well and truly sodden here now. After Wed/Wed night rainfall the soil is pure mud. I suppose being clay it retains its moisture content quite well anyway.