Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted

This has been the scene here this afternoon, as you can see some brightness but very little in the way of proper sunshine with a high of 12c!! considering the strength of this high you'd think more sunshine and warmth would be possible this time of year but no :lol: Telford cloud curse strikes AGAIN.

Posted

This has been the scene here this afternoon, as you can see some brightness but very little in the way of proper sunshine with a high of 12c!! considering the strength of this high you'd think more sunshine and warmth would be possible this time of year but no laugh.png Telford cloud curse strikes AGAIN

post-2546-0-72195400-1336836862_thumb.jp

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

This has been the scene here this afternoon, as you can see some brightness but very little in the way of proper sunshine with a high of 12c!! considering the strength of this high you'd think more sunshine and warmth would be possible this time of year but no laugh.png Telford cloud curse strikes AGAIN

Wow nothing like that here at all. Probably about 30% cloud here and even they are just little fluffy white ones. I really think Telford is the worst place to be for sun by the looks of it. Come down here :lol:

Posted

Your part of Telford must be worse off than my part, we have had some quite strong sunshine today

Posted

I think here in general is just cursed :lol: this area of Telford south east of the wrekin in a line all the way up through the rest of Shropshire seems to attract more cloud than anywhere else, it started turning rather sunny around 2pm then that band of cloud over Wales made its way over :lol: fingers crossed for a miracle tommorow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Come on Telford, bring some sunshine to this guy, or maybe we might have to dig Telford up, put it where Birmingham is. And then dig Birmingham up and put it where Telford was before it was dug up. It would probably mean I'd then have to live in Telford if I want to see the sun. :lol: :)

Posted

Working all day nr Shenstone, Lichfield. Pretty much wall to wall sunshine, quite warm too out of the breeze even tho it was only 13c

Sky was like this - and still is - now iam home!

post-3585-0-85546000-1336841751_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yep LeeKay. The sunshine makes all the difference now. Could easily be about 16-18c right now even though it is actually about 12c. All down to a strong sun. Even in the shade its very pleasant.

Posted

at last a decent sunny day, shame we have to pay for it with a cold night which might damage my crops, i wish the cloud would turn up at night instead of the day time like most days.

Posted

Whilst there will be some rain or showers at times this upcoming week it certainly does look like a good few days will be mostly dry and sunnier. Still no real summer weather likely though.

Posted

Working all day nr Shenstone, Lichfield. Pretty much wall to wall sunshine, quite warm too out of the breeze even tho it was only 13c

Sky was like this - and still is - now iam home!

post-3585-0-85546000-1336841751_thumb.jp

Pretty much the same in my part of Telford tbh and not a cloud in the sky at the moment

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Yeah Monday a spell of rain followed by some showers.

Posted

GFS 18z is not a bad run in terms of dry weather tbh. Mondays rain doesnt look too much though it will be mostly cloudy for the morning at least. Then for much of the week, apart from a few showers maybe it looks quite dry until Saturday and even after that its not too wet with variable sunshine and cloud (Maybe just 100% cloud for Telford laugh.png). Sadly the temperatures wont budge from below normal but like today, the sun is very strong now so it compensates very well. 12c felt very very nice here today! smile.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Unfreakingbelievable, its CLOUDY again! already!! after a cloudless night and clear skies still when I woke up at 7am!

:lol: This town is cursed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lol......it's clouding over here as well now, still pleasant though

Posted

Unfreakingbelievable, its CLOUDY again! already!! after a cloudless night and clear skies still when I woke up at 7am!

laugh.png This town is cursed!

True, today is much cloudier but its not just Telford, virtually everywhere away from the rain band cloud has caught the Telford disease today.

Posted

Same. The Telford cloud disease has spread to here as well. :lol: Planning to go for a bike ride in a bit, but it looks like the rain should stay away for a little while. :)

Posted

I wish id gone to Aberystwyth now, clear skies and sunshine there :lol:

It seems just north west of here is sunny and pleasant whilst here has stayed under a row of stratrocumulus all day with only brief breaks.

Posted

Back from the ride and it looks like Solihull has been recovering from the Telford disease. ;-D. Not completely mind you, with some sizeable patches of cloud about still. Dunno what the weather has against Telford, though. I'm sure it will give up eventually - it can't last much longer. :)

Posted

Glorious now finally! all the statrocumulus is pretty much gone and nice warm sunshine despite the chilly breeze.

Posted
Posted

Not a single spot of rain....! I watched it in the radar split and go around us as it approached, It's amazing how the band of rain has joined up again now it has passed the midlands

Edited by Ian Ballinger

Posted

Our rain shields have powered up it seems. blum.gif Even a spot of sunshine coming through now.