Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Not a single spot of rain....! I watched it in the radar split and go around us as it approached, It's amazing how the band of rain has joined up again now it has passed the midlands

It's the rain shadow effect of the Welsh Mountains, once the rain band passed through the midlands there is no other higher ground to the west to leech out the ppn

Posted

back to the usual grey skies and plain blandness nothing more to say really

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A lovely sunny afternoon again. No rain last night apart from a few drops this morning nor any showers today. Apart from Friday/Saturday the week in store doesnt look too bad at all. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Indeed. Some decent sunny spells here now. Quite warm too in spite of the wind. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

heavy showers & indeed a thunderstorm heading into the far north of our region currently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

heavy showers & indeed a thunderstorm heading into the far north of our region currently

Yeah Stoke, can see it to my north, and on raintoday, cant believe today, feels like summer, was supposed to be cold and raw with wintry showers on hills

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A lovely sunny afternoon again. No rain last night apart from a few drops this morning nor any showers today. Apart from Friday/Saturday the week in store doesnt look too bad at all. smile.png

What no washouts!

Posted

Barely a cloud in the sky here now, rather surprised as expected a washout of an evening considering Telford loves the rain :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What no washouts!

My name isnt Snow? norfolk n chance. laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Netweather 10 day forecast seems to be going for a 6% snow risk chance here tomorrow morning. Not filling my hopes much, though, as it's likely to be a high ground affair that see sleet/wet snow to be honest. The -5*C uppers struggle to get far South, although the 500-1000 thickness line looks okay as the 528 line manages to cover the region on the 12ZGFS, especially during the morning and also again into the early night time.

To be fair, don't mind waiting till next Winter to see the return of snowflakes, though.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Netweather 10 day forecast seems to be going for a 6% snow risk chance here tomorrow morning. Not filling my hopes much, though, as it's likely to be a high ground affair that see sleet/wet snow to be honest. The -5*C uppers struggle to get far South, although the 500-1000 thickness line looks okay as the 528 line manages to cover the region on the 12ZGFS, especially during the morning and also again into the early night time.

To be fair, don't mind waiting till next Winter to see the return of snowflakes, though.

snow for peak district only I feel, or staffs moorlands, Flash maybe at 425m asl

need the 518 line (dark blues) for snow at this elevation, only the 528 light blue over us

Edited by Snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

Fair enough. Always use to think the thickness line needed to be around 528 or lower, but I suppose like you mentioned, only really the peaks and that which may see the snow. Some of the other conditions, like dewpoints, look unfavourable for low level wintry weather anyway.

Posted

Fair enough. Always use to think the thickness line needed to be around 528 or lower, but I suppose like you mentioned, only really the peaks and that which may see the snow. Some of the other conditions, like dewpoints, look unfavourable for low level wintry weather anyway.

I generally think for a northerly 518 is needed, off an easterly though (Dec-Feb)can be higher, at just 100m asl

Edited by Snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!! First time i've ever seen snow falling in May!!!!!! Only lasted a couple of minutes but it was definitely proper snowflakes, not sleet or snow/rain mix (or ice pellets). Big enough to see them stick briefly before melting.

Edited by Higher Ground

Posted

Definite sleet for a good 45 minutes at least this morning. Big partially melted snowflakes on the car windscreen. As good as it was to see its also quite depressing how it hIghlights how shockingly cold our weather has been at times.

Posted

Massive Cb homing in on Arnie Pie's cam:

http://www.brumcam.co.uk/index.htm

Edited by TonyH

Posted

That CB is here dropping small but heavy hail and the hail came with a very strong gust.

Posted

Cold & grey here with brief bursts of hail on and off, a very cold 6c at the moment, at least tommorow looks a bit more pleasant!

Posted

The line reaching Cov now too:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

Posted

Posted

I do enjoy my virtual shower day offs!

Posted

Pea sized hail here a minute ago and seems to have given way to small hail and snow! biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

Nice hailstorm in Coventry right now

Posted

If these snow reports are accurate then they are very late indeed for lowland England!