Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 8

A.J

Posted

[quote name=Snow? norfolk n chance' timestamp='1337100845'

post='2304012]

dropped to 2.3°C during one of the showers here at 103m asl, dont think there was snow, but none in town at 80m asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A nice anvil to my south, i'd estimate towards Huddersfield area.

Posted

No thunder here in Solihull today, but some very heavy showers between some lovely sunny spells. A very beefy hail shower a few minutes ago, one of the biggest I've seen for a while.

A bit of everything today! good.gif

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

First of the processed images .....a great afternoon and good to be out of the clubclapping.gif

post-12214-0-86109700-1337107435_thumb.j

strike over Ladywood

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

First of the processed images .....a great afternoon and good to be out of the clubclapping.gif

post-12214-0-86109700-1337107435_thumb.j

strike over Ladywood

Wow very nice. Id have thought I would have been able to see something today as I have an excellent view NE/Ewards but there was nothing, not even the threatening dark skies. Harborne is not far away from here at all however it highlights that over here, we will not see what Birmingham is getting even if it is a massive CG strike!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely, Arnie.

Was keeping an eye on the cell(s) coming out of Staffs when I heard a rumble of thunder. Headed straight to garden and within a few seconds saw an amazing multiflash CG. From then on, it was lovely very close and overhead CC strikes, tearing thunder, moderate-sized hail and gusty winds.

Not bad for a weak storm haha.

Certainly didnt sound weak given reports. Whilst conditions were for more pulse type storms this was one sounded pretty potent with some hail over 10mm in diameter, frequent CG's, Loud Thunder, gusty winds, and actually survived a fair distance.

I am contempt with my May Snow however for today. :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

bugger damn etc etc...was working down near Worcester today, just got home, to find out I missed everything!....Big thunderstorm in Penkridge this afternoon and I missed it all!

Posted

after a cloudy day with showers the skies are clearing in the evening like usual, frosty toinght

R.I.P crops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

bugger damn etc etc...was working down near Worcester today, just got home, to find out I missed everything!....Big thunderstorm in Penkridge this afternoon and I missed it all!

unreal! think you may be still in the no storms club not certain

Staffordshire matey, you sure it was snow this morning? was miles too warm around 4°C, elevation lowish, was it not hail?

Edited by Snow? norfolk n chance

Posted

Staffordshire matey, you sure it was snow this morning? was miles too warm around 4°C, elevation lowish, was it not hail?

I know im not Staffordshire but imo its entirely possible yesterday with just about cold enough uppers and as many of the showers were very heavy, it drags down that colder air. As in many of the showers, the temperature really dropped.There was certainly some snow mixed in with the hail at lunchtime yesterday here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Yeah mate im preety sure it was, didnt stick but it was definately flakes, i think im a tad higher elavation here at 165m, maybes thats what did it! Anyway it wasn't anything special! It also turned back to rain after about half an hour! Im still so excited about yeaterdays storm! Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Should be a much nicer day today if not an exciting day like yesterday was.

We had a few hail showers and the temperature dipped to just 5'c at one point!!!!!!!!!!! and in mid May??

Nothing very warm on the charts either,just more of the same muck!

Great picture of the lightening BTW. clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I suppose the way things are going, I would say Christmas. It does almost feel as though we have gone kind of further away from Spring and Summer at the moment. (lol).

But just wait, I'm sure Spring will fight back and bring Summer along with it. blum.gif

Not a too bad day at the moment, I have to admit however.

Posted

As expected/usual it's overcast already here, you've got to hand it to the Telford Sun Shield really for sheer consistency :lol:

Posted

As expected/usual it's overcast already here, you've got to hand it to the Telford Sun Shield really for sheer consistency :lol:

No sun or blue sky visible at al? If so wow because we have plenty of sunshine. Cloud yes but far from overcast. Just give up on Telford now. :lol:

Posted

No sun or blue sky visible at al? If so wow because we have plenty of sunshine. Cloud yes but far from overcast. Just give up on Telford now. laugh.png

The small patches of blue sky NEVER go anywhere near the sun between 10am-4pm :lol: im expecting as always it will be crystal clear at 5pm then business as usual tommorow :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

No sun or blue sky visible at al? If so wow because we have plenty of sunshine. Cloud yes but far from overcast. Just give up on Telford now. laugh.png

I'm wondering if this is all a joke. If Telford was that sunless(seemingly from every synoptic set up available) surely everyone would be suffering from ricketts.It must get some sun surely; it seems, from his reports, it's sunless every day.

is it Xmas just around the corner or wimbledon?

It feels colder out of the sun that is than the christmas period believe it or not especially at night, much colder dewpoints than christmas too, still this cold air is giving plenty of sunshine much more than NE'lys.

Posted

I'm wondering if this is all a joke. If Telford was that sunless(seemingly from every synoptic set up available) surely everyone would be suffering from ricketts.It must get some sun surely; it seems, from his reports, it's sunless every day.

There's been plenty of sunshine in the evenings lately but since 2010 especially theres been a 10am-4pm cloud curse from April - August where that time of day has over 90% cloudcover and only the smallest patches of blue sky laugh.png

None believers can drive into Shropshire and see for themselves laugh.png

post-2546-0-46385200-1337172592_thumb.jp

Here's another picture just taken, those tiny blue patches are literally the only holes in the cloud!

Edited by conor123

Posted

The small patches of blue sky NEVER go anywhere near the sun between 10am-4pm laugh.png im expecting as always it will be crystal clear at 5pm then business as usual tommorow laugh.png

The small patches of blue sky NEVER go anywhere near the sun between 10am-4pm laugh.png im expecting as always it will be crystal clear at 5pm then business as usual tommorow laugh.png

yes then when we have a rare, mostly clear day the few clouds that pop up always go near the sun and annoy me when im trying to sunbathe

only 11.8c here though im getting used to these poor temps now

ps sorry for the double quote i have no idea why it does that i don't press the quote button twice

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

There's been plenty of sunshine in the evenings lately but since 2010 especially theres been a 10am-4pm cloud curse from April - August where that time of day has over 90% cloudcover and only the smallest patches of blue sky laugh.png

None believers can drive into Shropshire and see for themselves laugh.png

Here's another picture just taken, those tiny blue patches are literally the only holes in the cloud!

I hate Telford now as youve sent those 90% cloudy skies here this afternoon! :lol: Thankfully that doesnt happen often but on the Satellite, Snowdonia seems to be 'generating' these clouds. How nice of them. :lol:

Posted

Exactly the same here now with almost 100% cloud cover. :o. Looks as though that Telford cloud curse has spread to here as well as Stourbridge. :lol: But hopefully the curse will break tomorrow.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

laugh.png At least you guys got a sunny morning, after not one minute of sunshine all afternoon its clearing up now from the South West, fingers crossed some brightness can peak through tommorow!!

As you can see from this pic I just took from the same view earlier this is what happens after a day of slate grey skies as we head towards sunset laugh.png

post-2546-0-79237100-1337195012_thumb.jp

Edited by conor123

Posted

That Telford cloud is sure getting its timing all wrong at the moment (lol). Bit unlucky that Met Office go for a chance of light rain in the morning, though it shouldn't be a too bad of day with some clearer skies probably spreading in for all [or some of us if that curse comes back :lol:] in the afternoon. :)