IGNORED

The North Of England Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted

Sunny, 23.c here and rising.

Warmer than London.

Woop!

Posted

Max temp at 5:25PM reached 26.6C, got hotter and hotter from around 3pm when the sun came out.

Since then we have lost 0.6C in just under 8 minutes..

Starting to see anvil shaped clouds, which isn't surprising since most of today has been extremely cloudy, except for the spell between 3/5:30pm.

Would like to know what the cape is for storm activity in this exact area..coz with this temp and the cloud cover, and anvil heads, id be surprised if it was not

severe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Not the slightest hint of a shower, let alone a thunderstorm, here today despite all the warmth, humidity, CAPE, lifted index excitement and pure hope.

Perhaps tomorrow will be better, then again....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Pleasant end to the day here with some sunshine managing to poke through the low clouds, feeling quite muggy with a current temp of 17.6c.

Posted

Drizzly rain on and off this morning but good sunny spells through the afternoon and touched 20.7C - first time above 20 this month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Looking good for parts of our region tomorrow (NE England and Yorkshire) this place should be buzzing!!

Posted

As posted in the convective thread, UKASF have a large area of northern england under a threat of severe thunderstorms

tomorrow afternoon,so just thought i would post it in here to see how it works out.

UKASF » Storm >> View Forecast

Posted

Absolutely gorgeous outside now after that heavy burst of rain and hail around 45 minutes ago. Up to 21C already in a really warm S wind, I think we will exceed expectations today when it comes to temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Currently raining and very dark here now. Rumbles of thunder around but a few miles away I reckon.

Posted

Working In harrogate today few heavy showers no thunder yet been on and off sunshine too!!

Posted

Last time i checked we were due for thunderstorms mid to late afternoon, there does seem to be some darker clouds pushing through, the wind is picking up and is still very humid so i think its looking good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe gales, heavy rain and alpine climates

Thunder and torrential rain in Durham now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Although we were by no means in the worst of it we managed to get the best storm here this morning since July 2006.

Frequent lightning ( mostly inter- cloud ) and a lot of thunder. A fair amount of rain too although I've seen much heavier and longer lasting rain in previous storms.

Another heavy shower going through at the moment and, looking at the radar, that seems to be the last of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Absolutely semolina here today. Great reading other reports and seeing the occasional picture or video, but we had a really good chance today, and barring something cropping up out of nowhere, we're going to get Lettuce all, which is bitterly disappointing. I knew the really severe stuff wouldn't hit here - that was always an Central and Eastern England event, but still - a regular summer thunderstorm would have been nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Absolutely semolina here today. Great reading other reports and seeing the occasional picture or video, but we had a really good chance today, and barring something cropping up out of nowhere, we're going to get Lettuce all, which is bitterly disappointing. I knew the really severe stuff wouldn't hit here - that was always an Central and Eastern England event, but still - a regular summer thunderstorm would have been nice!

Abit early to be writing our chances off the reason there has been no convection popping round here in the last hour or so is because the temperture droped as well as the dew point. But in the last 15 minutes the temp has risen 5 degrees and the dew point has followed so i am still hopefull.

Posted

Abit early to be writing our chances off the reason there has been no convection popping round here in the last hour or so is because the temperture droped as well as the dew point. But in the last 15 minutes the temp has risen 5 degrees and the dew point has followed so i am still hopefull.

5°C rise in 15 mins? Blimey!

Despite forecasts from GFS it seems we won't be getting T-storms today of the central/NW variety.