Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It's certainly sunny here now. There's a heavy shower knocking on the door of Stevenage now, but whether it can develop more or go much further south / south east, who knows?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well would you adam and eve it.This wet weather really is refusing to give up some places have had rain near on 40 days consecutive,The last time that happened i think some poor bloke had to build a big wooden boat rofl.gif . One for the record books this one the wettest drought in history.

JT

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Well would you adam and eve it.This wet weather really is refusing to give up some places have had rain near on 40 days consecutive,The last time that happened i think some poor bloke had to build a big wooden boat rofl.gif . One for the record books this one the wettest drought in history.

JT

Not in this region.

Posted

Antonyb why do you have to put down everyones comments just because something hasn't happened within 10 yards of where you live doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Edited by Jules71

Guest archiesmummy

Second that, earlier it chucked it down here in chigwell, hail the size of 2p and thunder and lightning, but coz it wasn't happening 3miles down the road it meant it wasn't happening, we have had rain many more days than we have had dry, some of these showers are very localised, just like in the winter snow is, don't mean it isn't happening, this is a huge region..just sayin....

Posted

hi all

thought i would post a chart showing something a bit warmer

Recm2161.gif

low pressure nearby but that would at least be a lot warmer

i like the cold but even i am getting fed up with the current conditions

at 00.32 temperature is currently 2 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gfs-0-216.png?18

gfs 18z fairly similar as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

hi all

thought i would post a chart showing something a bit warmer

Recm2161.gif

low pressure nearby but that would at least be a lot warmer

i like the cold but even i am getting fed up with the current conditions

at 00.32 temperature is currently 2 degrees brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

gfs-0-216.png?18

gfs 18z fairly similar as well

Very nice to see John. Hopefully the BIG 2 continue to show similar trend to a change in sight, God knows we all need it .

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Agreed. This prolonged cool spell is becoming tiresome to me.

Guest archiesmummy

Hey John! Never thought would see you post THOSE sorts of charts! Lol I feel so betrayed! Mind you, yamkin posting them, well it would just all be over for all of us!

It's the rain more than anything, even on a cold day you can go out, I love a thunderstorm, after all if they are forecast then may as well but your charts bring some hope!

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Antonyb why do you have to put down everyones comments just because something hasn't happened within 10 yards of where you live doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Totally agree..

post-10773-0-72424600-1337151782_thumb.j

post-10773-0-75266600-1337151810_thumb.j

..and it certainly happened here yesterday, we had some very heavy hail showers accompanied by rumbles of thunder, and some great clouds....

post-10773-0-53511100-1337151848_thumb.j

It was lovely to wake up to clear blue sky and sunshine today though, I will certainly be making the most of my late start and be going out for a nice walk this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Lovely sunny morn here in Norwich but ooooh it's a tad chilly. I could do with some higher temperatures because I can't afford the heating. :(

I think we had a couple of trolls posting on another forum last night. Is that a regular occurrence?

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted

The post said it rained 40 consecutive days - that has not happened anywhere in this region - how am I putting in down?

Second that, earlier it chucked it down here in chigwell, hail the size of 2p and thunder and lightning, but coz it wasn't happening 3miles down the road it meant it wasn't happening, we have had rain many more days than we have had dry, some of these showers are very localised, just like in the winter snow is, don't mean it isn't happening, this is a huge region..just sayin....

Second what? The post said 40 consecutive days of rain, I'm simply saying nowhere in this region has had 40 days of rain in a row!

I didn't dispute u had 2p hail..... Did I?

Totally agree..

post-10773-0-72424600-1337151782_thumb.j

post-10773-0-75266600-1337151810_thumb.j

..and it certainly happened here yesterday, we had some very heavy hail showers accompanied by rumbles of thunder, and some great clouds....

post-10773-0-53511100-1337151848_thumb.j

It was lovely to wake up to clear blue sky and sunshine today though, I will certainly be making the most of my late start and be going out for a nice walk this morning.

Who said you didn't get hail yesterday? Coz I never.

Posted

I think we had a couple of trolls posting on another forum last night. Is that a regular occurrence?

post-10773-0-35604100-1337155465.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

@MKsnowangel. Understood. Cheers. :)

Edited by Keraunophile

Guest archiesmummy

Lovely sunny morn here in Norwich but ooooh it's a tad chilly. I could do with some higher temperatures because I can't afford the heating. :(

Seems to be of late, shame, just ruins it for everyone but hey!

Oh and anthonyb Jason said rain for near on 40days consecutive, which in this huge region is spot on, we certainly havent had many days without rain, sorry if you thought I was disputing anything with you but sometimes it just feels like you are, anyway am sure like all of us you will be enjoying todays nice weather! Well I would if didn't have two sick kids :o

Enjoy the sun :)

Posted

Who said you didn't get hail yesterday? Coz I never.

I didn't say you did... I wasn't talking to you or about your comments, my reply was to Jules71 who's post I quoted and Archiesmummy agreeing that this kind of weather can be very different even just a few miles down the road never mind over the whole of the region, so chill out please !

Posted

Well I would if didn't have two sick kids ohmy.png

Enjoy the sun smile.png

Oh no, that's not good - hope they get better soon !

I'm off out soon to enjoy it while it lasts........angel.gif

Posted

Seems to be of late, shame, just ruins it for everyone but hey!

Oh and anthonyb Jason said rain for near on 40days consecutive, which in this huge region is spot on, we certainly havent had many days without rain, sorry if you thought I was disputing anything with you but sometimes it just feels like you are, anyway am sure like all of us you will be enjoying todays nice weather! Well I would if didn't have two sick kids :oB

Enjoy the sun :)

Hope your kids get better, yep already been gym and now sitting in garden with a coffee. Although

I work nights so will have to sleep soon.

I'm still not sure about this 40 consecutive day thing - for a start the weekend just gone was 100% dry as a region.

And the next 3 days could be also

Guest archiesmummy

Hope your kids get better, yep already been gym and now sitting in garden with a coffee. Although

I work nights so will have to sleep soon.

I'm still not sure about this 40 consecutive day thing - for a start the weekend just gone was 100% dry as a region.

And the next 3 days could be also

Thank you, so do I! I think the word that makes a difference is near on, as is in give or take a few days it would be near on 40days consecutive, so not a straight run but nearly!

anyway! Don't envy nights, your gonna miss the weather! Have heard more blinkin rain from Sat? Hope am wrong!

Guest archiesmummy

Just read on my local news feed that lightning struck the ground near to where some kids were horse riding at grange farm in chigwell! They were lucky didn't hit one of them, didn't realise just how intense weather was yesterday!

Posted

Just read on my local news feed that lightning struck the ground near to where some kids were horse riding at grange farm in chigwell! They were lucky didn't hit one of them, didn't realise just how intense weather was yesterday!

Just walked the dog over Epping forest, loughton and theydon way - so boggy in shady areas!

Note to self: don't walk your dogs over the forest when there has been day upon day of rain... Lol

Posted

Quite nice here today.... I've had lots of fresh air and a lovely pub lunch, even sat outside for a while too, as long as your out of the chilly wind the sun is reasonably warm and pleasant really angel.gif

Posted

Interesting read about May on the MetO blog...

While many people associate May with the start of summer weather, it can actually be a month of very mixed and variable conditions – with wide contrasts possible.

This is borne out by the piece of old weather lore:

Ne’er cast a clout,

Until May is out.

While this rhyme is a bit ambiguous and open to interpretation, one view is that this means don’t throw out your winter clothing (from clout – which means thread or cloth) until May is over – presumably because you can expect virtually any type of weather at this time of year.

So, unsettled and cool weather – even with snow or frosts – isn’t out of context in May despite perceptions that it’s typically a warm and sunny time of year.

http://metofficenews...it-snow-in-may/

Guest archiesmummy

Interesting read about May on the MetO blog...

While many people associate May with the start of summer weather, it can actually be a month of very mixed and variable conditions – with wide contrasts possible.

This is borne out by the piece of old weather lore:

Ne’er cast a clout,

Until May is out.

While this rhyme is a bit ambiguous and open to interpretation, one view is that this means don’t throw out your winter clothing (from clout – which means thread or cloth) until May is over – presumably because you can expect virtually any type of weather at this time of year.

So, unsettled and cool weather – even with snow or frosts – isn’t out of context in May despite perceptions that it’s typically a warm and sunny time of year.

http://metofficenews...it-snow-in-may/

Great post MK...is so true and I think in past years we have been spoilt with unusually high temps for time of year, after all summer doesn't officially start til June! I often wondered what that saying meant and now I know!