Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

According to the chart, there are a good few storms in the Midlands and Lincs, and East Anglia. (that's all providing im reading it correctly lol) Dunno if Norwich may get lucky. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Crikey! Looks like there's a storm west / southwest of Cambridge.

Weather has been rubbish today here - light (useless) rain and cold.

I think we'll get some decent showers tomorrow all round.

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

According to the chart, there are a good few storms in the Midlands and Lincs, and East Anglia. (that's all providing im reading it correctly lol) Dunno if Norwich may get lucky. :D

The sferics seem to have died off. You have a better chance tomorrow I think

Posted

It's raining with slight hail here now and quite dark. Yes, tomoz looks good.

Posted

18:30. Just heard a rumble of thunder in Norwich.

Posted

Tomorrow afternoon is looking good for most of our region with cape values forecast to be in the mid to high 300's on gfs 12z.

Fingers crossed once again :)

Posted

bbc forcast is for heavy showers for tuesday, with hailll!!! , and its pouring down out side still!!!

Edited by tinybill

Guest archiesmummy

Thunderstorm to my north, can see the clouds lighting up and distant thunder but think is going to miss us being overhead..oh well!

Posted

Weather profs over On twitter say best place for storms tomorrow, Yorkshire Lincolnshire and EA. Even here won't be torrential or that heavy.

Looking forward to a dry few days after tomorrows showers even though it will be cold and cloudy at least there will be no water falling from the sky.

Posted

Thunderstorm to my north, can see the clouds lighting up and distant thunder but think is going to miss us being overhead..oh well!

Looks like a reasonable amount of thunderstorm activity on the Essex / Herts border currently.smile.png Maybe you'll get lucky?

Edit.. Actually looking at a timeline, the stuff is moving west to east, so I'm probably more in the firing line, although it looks like the showers are decaying..

Edited by Speed67

Posted

My cousin in Newburn - about 20 miles west of Newcastle. She confirms they have hail the size of marbles and fork lightning. Thunder every 30 seconds. Lightning striking ground level. Now that's a thunderstorm!!

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

Weather profs over On twitter say best place for storms tomorrow, Yorkshire Lincolnshire and EA. Even here won't be torrential or that heavy.

Looking forward to a dry few days after tomorrows showers even though it will be cold and cloudy at least there will be no water falling from the sky.

We'll have to see re tomorrow. I reckon it's set up for some pretty impressive showers / storms. They might be quite fast moving though.

Posted

Raining heavily here now. It looks like there won't be anything more though (electrical) from this cell. I'll report later if these are famous last words..

Guest archiesmummy

Raining heavily here now. It looks like there won't be anything more though (electrical) from this cell. I'll report later if these are famous last words..

Yeah nothing here in the end, the shield was def working! These sort of showers seem to be quite hard to forecast just due to how they form, think your right re tomorrow, one to watch!

Posted

Some of the lads from around here at work in Benny Hill were saying they had a sharp frost on the car windscreens this morning - what's all that about in May then?

Posted

Some of the lads from around here at work in Benny Hill were saying they had a sharp frost on the car windscreens this morning - what's all that about in May then?

Well carol kirkwood has just said on TV that even the chilterns and Cotswolds could see sleet today if the showers are heavy enough... MENTAL.

Guest archiesmummy

I feel really cold this morning, have put storage heaters back on, trouble is won't be working til 2moro now! Brrr I really hope based on past few springs where its been warm early and we ended up with poor summers that all this weather now means a gorgeous summer...we live in hope, anyway have to deal with what we have and may see some storms today!

Posted

12:24 Norwich. Very dark skies to the North right now and some light rain, oh my, we've got hail now. VERY heavy. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Bring the rain! some dark skies to my north but looking at the radar it looks only like a light to moderate shower.

Posted

Looks like a storm has developed just w/sw of Bury St Edmunds. I've got to say that the radar on this site is excellent!

Posted

Been dry with sunny spells here since 10am so not too bad.

Showers not to far away though!

Twitter guys say EA good for heavier stuff this afternoon, areas to west of London should see things drying up... Hope so!

Posted

Hatfield Peverel has so far had only light showers so far ( big drops of rain though )

It looks like there's a storm on the Dengie Peninsular currently, north east of Burnham on Crouch ( East Essex )

Posted

Looking at the radar and all that heavy stuff over west midlands moving slowly sw I can't see areas to the west of London staying dry over the next couple hours.

Hoping it turns electric as it moves down but no signs so far...

Edited by Suburban Streamer