Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Mostly cloudy today and the next two days. Risk of showery rain moving in at any point but also lengthy dry spells, maybe even some brightness too.

Saturday is now looking dryer that originally thought where temps could hit 18/19c making it feel quite humid. Sunday it's back to the usual. Miserable cold rain and north easterly winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Mostly cloudy today and the next two days. Risk of showery rain moving in at any point but also lengthy dry spells, maybe even some brightness too.

Saturday is now looking dryer that originally thought where temps could hit 18/19c making it feel quite humid. Sunday it's back to the usual. Miserable cold rain and north easterly winds.

I've not really checked the forecast for a couple of days ( I'm very busy at work till early June, when I'm off to Barbadosdrinks.gif ) but the forecaster on the radio, when driving in, said a chance of heavy rain overnight Saturday. Is this the same thing then - ie is it likely to rain all day Sunday too?sorry.gif

Posted

I've not really checked the forecast for a couple of days ( I'm very busy at work till early June, when I'm off to Barbadosdrinks.gif ) but the forecaster on the radio, when driving in, said a chance of heavy rain overnight Saturday. Is this the same thing then - ie is it likely to rain all day Sunday too?sorry.gif

Pretty much :-(

Sunday will feel very cold too.

On a positive Saturday daytime now looks to be generally dry and muggy so at least we have one day out of the weekend to get things done.. Saying that it will probably bucket down saturday now.. Always the way.

Mod thread seems to be slightly more positive with more model outputs showing a high pressure dominated theme end of may into first week of June.

Barbados? Sounds lovely. I booked my holiday to Santorini Greece yesterday for mid July, can't wait.

I feel for people that are unable to holiday to something warmer. Sod being stuck in this country all summer.

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm very busy at work till early June, when I'm off to Barbadosdrinks.gif

..........lovely, is there room in your case for me ?friends.gif

I would be no trouble at all, and contrary to rumours I don't drink much really....honest drunk.gif

Much brighter and milder here today - 12.5 °C at the moment !

Posted

..........lovely, is there room in your case for me ?friends.gif

I would be no trouble at all, and contrary to rumours I don't drink much really....honest drunk.gif

Much brighter and milder here today - 12.5 °C at the moment !

I reckon you'd love it. All those tropical downpours too! I'm all inclusive too, so will be drinking to excess undoubtedly!

Still Santorini sounds good (I like the look of the whitewashed cottages on the hillsides and have thought about going there previously myself) as long as there's no revolution in the meantime! I haven't been to a Greek Island now for 16 years, which to me shows how fast life flashes by! It would also have been an interesting place to visit c.1500 BC, or maybe to watch from afar from a ship in very deep water....

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I reckon you'd love it. All those tropical downpours too! I'm all inclusive too, so will be drinking to excess undoubtedly!

Still Santorini sounds good (I like the look of the whitewashed cottages on the hillsides and have thought about going there previously myself) as long as there's no revolution in the meantime! I haven't been to a Greek Island now for 16 years, which to me shows how fast life flashes by! It would also have been an interesting place to visit c.1500 BC, or maybe to watch from afar from a ship in very deep water....

Sounds like a plan, I havent been to greece in 5 years so not quite the 16 years for you, I stayed on the island Lefkas. Very pretty with nice people aswell. I just remember crazy taxi drivers.

Posted

I'm sure I would.....I'm going here again...

post-10773-0-65144500-1337254746_thumb.j

also all inclusive so it would be rude not to drink especially the local Ron Miel drinks.gif

Quite warm here now @ 17 °C shame it's a bit cloudy !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Not liking the netweather long range forecast based on cfs for the summer. High pressure to the north/west uk and our region always furthest away from the highest temps. I don't usually pay much attention to the cfs but met office 16-30 day is hinting at this pattern and this mornings ecm shows it too.

Hopefully gp's summer forecast offers a bit more hope...wen it comes out

The above pattern seems to be gaining more credence....unfortunately. still lots of uncertainty but seems to be the form horse for now.

To put out the veg or not....that is the question!? Frost risk unlikely now so I think I might go for it this weekend...

Posted

I'm sure I would.....I'm going here again...

post-10773-0-65144500-1337254746_thumb.j

also all inclusive so it would be rude not to drink especially the local Ron Miel drinks.gif

Quite warm here now @ 17 °C shame it's a bit cloudy !

Feels cold in east London today especially in that breeze. 14c currently

Posted

You can definitely see that nothing much is happening weather wise today, by the lack of messages for ages.

I wonder if, when I check this forum later tonight, I'll suffer the embarrassment of having had the last post for several hours? blush.png

50/50 I reckon.good.gif

Posted

You can definitely see that nothing much is happening weather wise today, by the lack of messages for ages.

I wonder if, when I check this forum later tonight, I'll suffer the embarrassment of having had the last post for several hours? blush.png

50/50 I reckon.good.gif

fear not, I am going to the pub later (I went out last year as well) and so will take it as a personal duty to save you from that fate!

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

The post said it rained 40 consecutive days - that has not happened anywhere in this region - how am I putting in down?

Second what? The post said 40 consecutive days of rain, I'm simply saying nowhere in this region has had 40 days of rain in a row!

I didn't dispute u had 2p hail..... Did I?

Who said you didn't get hail yesterday? Coz I never.

Hmmmm AB...I do not re-call in my initial post this REGION or 40 consecutive days I stated near on. It was a statement for other parts of the uk,To which there is beyond this region and this is what i was referring to. I should have included that part in my post but i did not as i pressumed it was not needed as 99.9% got the point. Apologise's

JT

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Hmmmm AB...I do not re-call in my initial post this REGION or 40 consecutive days I stated near on. It was a statement for other parts of the uk,To which there is beyond this region and this is what i was referring to. I should have included that part in my post but i did not as i pressumed it was not needed as 99.9% got the point. Apologise's

JT

No worries, I just presumed you were referring to this region as was posted in the SE, East Anglia thread.

I actually done some research which I was meaning to post.

Since Jan 2012 not to any specific city or town but to the SE including Suffolk:

Most consecutive rainfall days = 21

Most non consecutive rainfall days with a period of a maximum 3 days dry in between = 60

So not far off your post tbh. Also the wettest hose pipe ban drought in history.. Lol

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

fear not, I am going to the pub later (I went out last year as well) and so will take it as a personal duty to save you from that fate!

AS

As other people have already posted since, you need not have bothered, but I do appreciate your thought!rofl.gif

Just back from pub myself (Rose & Crown in Wivenhoe - nice pub on the waterfront) No session though unfortunately, as too busy at work. Is there ever a regional forum gathering,out of interest? I'm sure we could bore the hell out of people in the vicinity, talking about weather experiences!

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

No worries, I just presumed you were referring to this region as was posted in the SE, East Anglia thread.

I actually done some research which I was meaning to post.

Since Jan 2012 not to any specific city or town but to the SE including Suffolk:

Most consecutive rainfall days = 21

Most non consecutive rainfall days with a period of a maximum 3 days dry in between = 60

So not far off your post tbh. Also the wettest hose pipe ban drought in history.. Lol

AB...No probs, Anyway middle of next week looks interesting for a warm up..Could touch mid twenties max but hey that alone will feel like severe heat considering recent temps. Hopefuly MR PIKE will embrace us with his thoughts.My personel prediction is warm to ending on a hot note interluded with T STORMS from the start of the Jubilee to the end of the olympics. We have done the real pants bit,Lets have the taste of vitamin D,Along with odd tipple....Shhhhh.

JT

Posted

Is there ever a regional forum gathering,out of interest? I'm sure we could bore the hell out of people in the vicinity, talking about weather experiences!

Not that I know of....but if you want to arrange one gathering.gif ........MK is a nice and central and easy to get to !

My personel prediction is warm to ending on a hot note interluded with T STORMS from the start of the Jubilee to the end of the olympics. We have done the real pants bit,Lets have the taste of vitamin D,Along with odd tipple....Shhhhh.

Oh yes please, that too - I have a big bottle of Pimms with my name on just waiting for the right weather to drink it, cheers drinks.gif

Posted

As other people have already posted since, you need not have bothered, but I do appreciate your thought!rofl.gif

Just back from pub myself (Rose & Crown in Wivenhoe - nice pub on the waterfront) No session though unfortunately, as too busy at work. Is there ever a regional forum gathering,out of interest? I'm sure we could bore the hell out of people in the vicinity, talking about weather experiences!

True to my word, post-pub posting.

Not raining. Quite cloudy. Warm-ish.

Anyone got a kebab?

(hic)

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Long, hot (but not too hot) days with lashings of thunder storms at night. Now that I could live with. Huh! Some hope. :D

Posted

hi all ecm still looks warm

ECM1-144.GIF?17-0

23rd starts to warm up reckon 18 or 19 degrees in the sun

ECM1-168.GIF?17-0

24th warmer still very light wind 20-21 but possibly a lot of cloud

ECM1-192.GIF?17-0

25th slightly warmer still 22 to 23 degrees a slightly windier day but should see more sun

ECM1-216.GIF?17-0

similar to the 25th but higher chance of some storms breaking out

ECM1-240.GIF?17-0

27th looks wet for the south east and temperatures back down to mid teens

MT8_London_ens.png

some of the gfs ensembles agree with ecm

with a breakdown 26th-27th

update again tomorrow smile.png

Posted

Thanks again John. Hopefully you can push the breakdown to a couple of days later, so we can have a nice weekend.good.gif

Posted

still looking like settling down as next week goes along and, whisper it, warming up

AS

Posted

still looking like settling down as next week goes along and, whisper it, warming up

AS

drinks.gifclapping.gifdirol.gifclap.gifdrunk.gifgathering.gifyahoo.gifbiggrin.png

Posted

After reading several websites, forums and twitter:

Rumour has it... That we could see temperatures into the low twenties this time next week.

Could we finally get to feel something warmer out there :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I wish that cut off low would bug*er off! but at least a few days of warmth is a good start