Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Some beefy thunderstorms have fired up over southern France in the past hour, and by the looks of the SAT24 visible imagery, convection/storms may well be initiating in the Paris area....An area to watch for later on tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

dam..Them so high top clouds over France Tasty smile.png

dam..Them so high top clouds over France Tasty smile.png

Excuse me? rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Some beefy thunderstorms have fired up over southern France in the past hour, and by the looks of the SAT24 visible imagery, convection/storms may well be initiating in the Paris area....An area to watch for later on tonight?

Yeah that was exactly what I was going to say regarding Paris.

Just awaiting my freinds to get to Biggin, some distance TCU but nothing out of the ordinary. Might be a tad bumpy, going to head south/south east in the next 1hr and half to see what happens. Guaranteed it will explode with me being up there.

Posted

The last thing we need right now is more rain i dont think the river near here can cope with any more but i would like a thunderstorm even though i know thats not possible in this area.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

No storms but big thundery drops! sure developed quickly, also has that thundery feeling in the air... shame it's april :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well VM, heading East through Kent along the A2 and the sky looks thundery! That classic sky you get during a plume event!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, the good news is that today's first home-grown is developing right over my head...thunder to my SE...this has fired up from nowhere over the past 30 mins...

post-4149-0-10494300-1335807204.txt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Bit of a vicious shower passed through with a few large(ish) looking rain drops. Cleared quite quickly, though, but was nice to see. :)

Posted

Anyone interested, I shall be departing in about 45 minutes time from Biggin hopefully on 129.400

Then going over to Gatwick for the Transit on 126.825 and then Farnborough Lars on 123.225...

Looking at the Radar, that stuff over Paris unless it gets some oomph shouldn't bother me, just watching that stuff over East Kent right now, seems to be going North East and should brush to my east.

Callsign is G-BUJO

I shall hopefully *Alive* let you know what it looks like....

Posted

Had a nice little shower around half and hour ago, with nice big 2" thunderspots falling from it, there's a good deal of convection going on too atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Posted

I am wondering if that's an MCS forming West of Paris or the stuff to the south east of Paris, a long line of crap. Debatable which one may form into one.

Posted

Evening guys,

Very humid feeling out there this evening, with a very interesting looking sky!

Just heard a rather noticeable rumble... not sure whether is was thunder or something else. Make that 2 deep rumbles now.

May head to Portsdown Hill later for a wider shot on things!

SM

very very odd sky in the S-East this evening - quite unlike I've seen in a while

lots of very high upper level clouds - mid-grey - but then dark grey mid-lower cloud that just looks like its cloud thats been shredded - more like the ripped apart scud you get associated with decent Cbs

its quite strange looking. Associated with it is light rain - but very large drops

Posted

very very odd sky in the S-East this evening - quite unlike I've seen in a while

lots of very high upper level clouds - mid-grey - but then dark grey mid-lower cloud that just looks like its cloud thats been shredded - more like the ripped apart scud you get associated with decent Cbs

its quite strange looking. Associated with it is light rain - but very large drops

Some mid-level instability spreading showers in, but given dry surface air some of it is evaporating before reaching the ground (so intensity on radar may not reflect that experienced on the ground).

Interesting anaprop over Anglesey too.

Posted

VERY VERY dark here. Heavy rain about to become torrential. Looking at the clouds would be suprised if we don't get a flash or two in the next hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening all

anybody in andover/ basingstoke?, looks like a very heavy shower has developed over that way.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

I would be very surprised to see a thunderstorm here overnight, id say its about a 5% risk...