Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Have got my eyes on that Line Segment over the Cherbourg Peninsular for later, if it holds together it should slide east of Portsmouth and move into the SE.

Please Please some low level darkness Lightning photography for the Uk

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... if you ,look at SAT24, shows it's pretty clear soonish... but is that a secondary low that has formed?? the main low is over the Midlands now I believed?

http://www.sat24.com/ 1705 radar run showing a hook shape on one of the cells leading the way heading for the SE.

thats aviation speak though? If it it's at least I can say I have learn't something new today lol. My neighbour just said he heard it thunder while he was feeding his ferrets...not entirely convinced though if im honest.

Well I always had the impression that it was meteorological lol,

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Yeah, that's what I was thinking... if you ,look at SAT24, shows it's pretty clear soonish... but is that a secondary low that has formed?? the main low is over the Midlands now I believed?

http://www.sat24.com/ 1705 radar run showing a hook shape on one of the cells leading the way heading for the SE.

Well I always had the impression that it was meteorological lol,

Must admit have never heard that before but its all good!

Posted

Got my eye on a storm mid channel, due south of Dungeness.

Have got my eyes on that Line Segment over the Cherbourg Peninsular for later, if it holds together it should slide east of Portsmouth and move into the SE.

The lot stretching English Channel to france, looks potent.. let's see what it bangs.

Fingers crossed this may not be all over yet!!! Heading home later, let me see what I can stir up along the Channel laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I thought you guys where interested in bloody weather lol, - or + = light or heavy with nothing indicating just whatever lol. the SH = Showers the RA = Rain.

so +SHRA = Heavy Showers of Rain.

There's a Thunderstorm I believed to my east, and one to my west.... so nothing fun here yet so far.

The lot stretching English Channel to france, looks potent.. let's see what it bangs.

I am interested in the 'bloody' weather. I just learnt it via full words rather than Aircraft lingo. :lol:

Meanwhile, nothing interesting here today really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Robbie, The LP center is well to the sw of the Midlands, in fact it's off the cornish coast currently

Posted

I am interested in the 'bloody' weather. I just learnt it via full words rather than Aircraft lingo. laugh.png

Meanwhile, nothing interesting here today really.

Robbie, The LP center is well to the sw of the Midlands, in fact it's off the cornish coast currently

Fingers crossed this may not be all over yet!!! Heading home later, let me see what I can stir up along the Channel laugh.png

Must admit have never heard that before but its all good!

If any of you want to learn how to decode METARS/TAFs and the F214/F215 forecasting charts, This Guide is exceptionally good.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pdf/t/d/Get_Met_2012_amends_tag_Artwork.pdf

aj,

That's what I was thinking but it pulled into the South West earlier. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_VIS.html Tracing the center from 0800 west of bay of biscay, towards the cornish coast makes landfall at 1300/1400 but look to the south of Ireland and another low spins off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I know about +shra, as well as TSRA SHSN and a lot of the other bits of meta code because I follow the TAFs. We're not all interested in just plain old weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

If any of you want to learn how to decode METARS/TAFs and the F214/F215 forecasting charts, This Guide is exceptionally good.

http://www.metoffice...tag_Artwork.pdf

aj,

That's what I was thinking but it pulled into the South West earlier. http://www.metoffice...latest_VIS.html Tracing the center from 0800 west of bay of biscay, towards the cornish coast makes landfall at 1300/1400 but look to the south of Ireland and another low spins off.

What passed through the SW earlier Robbie was a trough to my eyes...looking at satellite imagery, FAX output & GFS modelling the LP seems to be where it should be more or less...The stuff off the Irish Sea is low cloud by the looks of things just spinning around the circulation...The actual center itself is off the north Cornish coast I believe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Never mind the thunderstorms but the weather outside is awful! Torrential rain....Crossed fingers those showers over the West Country will turn thundery...

Had rain early this morning, had a shower at 4pm but its been dry as a bone here in Swansea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Had rain early this morning, had a shower at 4pm but its been dry as a bone here in Swansea

The radar looked really good for you this morning, but I don't know what has happened! Rain has stopped here now, but we've had some good torrential showers.

Posted

We've had bouts of steady rain, nothing torrential and no thunder or anything exciting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Extremely heavy rain here just now, got trapped in the shed with the dogs help.gif managed to get back inside whilst it was merely torrential! Dark as anything outside now, looks like a fair amount of rain to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Even though there's been no T&L, the intensity of rain this afternoon has been quite something. Driving home in rush hour was an absolute mess with the amount of surface water. Just started pouring down here again as I got home and I'm keeping my eye on the cluster of showers/rain in Devon that looks like it's rotating sort of towards me but more likely it'll go into S/SE Wales.

21.2mm of rain so far in my hometown today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Did Carol Kirkwood happen to mention the jinx word this morning by any chance? For anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about, whenever she says that we are going to have "humdingers", more often than not nothing happens.

I might be premature here, but could it be that we have been suckered in by the hype of last nights forecast which stated "vicious storms"?

Here its been a totally vile dull, wet and thoroughly cold day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

The radar looked really good for you this morning, but I don't know what has happened! Rain has stopped here now, but we've had some good torrential showers.

It did look good this morning, I thought we were going to get hit by some big downpours, but nothing happened. 25.3mm has fallen in the past 24 hours however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Looks like another dud day for the west country.

Was so promising this morning.

At least there is more chance for something over the next few days

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

The wind has really picked up here so it will be interesting to see how this squall develops as it hits land.

Posted

I'm a bit late but this was the view from here yesterday. Very rare to see the structure so clear in Scotland!

post-26-0-54962000-1335375292_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like another dud day for the west country.

Was so promising this morning.

At least there is more chance for something over the next few days

Don't know what's happened to the West Country - used to be a decent place for storms. The radar looked so promising this morning but if anything things have lost intensity as the day has worn on.

I've definitely been a drier slot today compared to other areas, just brushing 15mm.

Posted

Did Carol Kirkwood happen to mention the jinx word this morning by any chance? For anyone who doesn't know what I'm on about, whenever she says that we are going to have "humdingers", more often than not nothing happens.

I might be premature here, but could it be that we have been suckered in by the hype of last nights forecast which stated "vicious storms"?

Here its been a totally vile dull, wet and thoroughly cold day.

I didnt get suckerd in , as soon a I saw the word vicious, I just lauged , yeah right I thought, Of course if you consider a cold, wet and windy day vicious thats ok.

Posted

TAFs for Gatwick/Heathrow do higlight some activity tonight. If only it was +25*C today or something, then I'd believe it.

PROB30 TEMPO 2518/2602 19020G30KT 3000 +SHRA TSGS BKN012CB

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Any websites that have a forecast for severe potential tomorrow? Interested in Metoffice release a yellow warning for Manchester/West Mids for tomorrow.

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted

TAFs for Gatwick/Heathrow do higlight some activity tonight. If only it was +25*C today or something, then I'd believe it.

PROB30 TEMPO 2518/2602 19020G30KT 3000 +SHRA TSGS BKN012CB

That looks more like what appears on my monitor when my 6 month old daughter is let loose on my keyboard..lol....

Seriously though Robbie, what does it mean?......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Just had a two hour drive up the A12 from Southend to Ipswich. Absolutely atrocious driving conditions, water in streams across the road in places, heavy hail for a time and some very gusty winds at a couple of points.

Looking at the radar there is a very heavy shower just passed over Sudbury, showing at 250mm/hr on the NW Radar scale....imagine it's probably a hail core.

Wouldn't believe we were in a drought here, rivers and streams at the top of their banks....such a shame most of it will go out to sea and be wasted!