Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

So pop to maccys for lunch..Come out and this was on my mates car as that storm passed through..Must have been a micro burst??

But lucky ..Not a scratch on the car!!

post-12648-0-30090600-1335354523_thumb.j post-12648-0-62663600-1335354534_thumb.j post-12648-0-03583700-1335354546_thumb.j

Cant believe how lucky he was! Look at the size of it!!

Looks about right for a microburst, but damn that was lucky. Who said Mcdonald's is bad for your health! hehe

Posted

Wouldn't surprise me to hear of some SLW reports coming out of Maidenhead soon enough. Nice echo coming out from the northern edge of the Bow Line.

Posted

I like the sound of that, looking at the radar there is a worryingly large area running from Cardiff to Southamton with no activity. Hopefully what you are saying, things shouls start to kick off soon?

It may be quite a large clear slot but it's only lasted an hour and rain is about to start again in Warminster from a line that strecthes right out to the North of Cornwall! Would not be surprised if it develops further as it heads (quickly) North.

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

So pop to maccys for lunch..Come out and this was on my mates car as that storm passed through..Must have been a micro burst??

But lucky ..Not a scratch on the car!!

post-12648-0-30090600-1335354523_thumb.j post-12648-0-62663600-1335354534_thumb.j post-12648-0-03583700-1335354546_thumb.j

Cant believe how lucky he was! Look at the size of it!!

Very lucky indeed......the Maccy's drive through up here is crap, you only get a limp piece of lettuce in your chicken burger, at your place you get a whole garden allotment on your burger by the looks of things laugh.png

Posted

well even though the warmth of march has been long-replaced, we have had a lot of beautiful, convective cloudscapes down here in the last week or two.

Today i get home at 4.30pm and hope to go out with the camera.

fingers crossed development holds off until then in my area..hate being stuck on the bus on the way home when i can see thunderstorms but cant stop to photograph them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It may be quite a large clear slot but it's only lasted an hour and rain is about to start again in Warminster from a line that strecthes right out to the North of Cornwall! Would not be surprised if it develops further as it heads (quickly) North.

It's all a bit nervy, its not looking very exciting to my south, just looks like a clump of rain.

The sun has been coming in and out for the last couple of hours, so hopefully some solar heating has & can take place.

Very lucky indeed......the Maccy's drive through up here is crap, you only get a limp piece of lettuce in your chicken burger, at your place you get a whole garden allotment on your burger by the looks of things laugh.png

lol!!!!!! Well it was funny because we had the manager, the assistant manager, the assistance Secretary and the bloke that cleans up all out and taking notes..Rather amassing but at one point very worrying! Bring on more storms!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well I'd be burgered if I wanted that to happen to my car and besides, it might increase its value.

13mm so far today and currently I'm in the clear slot so I'm looking forward to the action later on. Is it getting muggy or maybe its imagination running riot.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Well I'd be burgered if I wanted that to happen to my car and besides, it might increase its value.

13mm so far today and currently I'm in the clear slot so I'm looking forward to the action later on. Is it getting muggy or maybe its imagination running riot.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

well there is a lot building in the channel so bring it on :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I SEE BLUE SKY!!!!

Daaaaaamn.. Never thought id see the sun again ehhehe

WARM US UP!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

well there is a lot building in the channel so bring it on smile.png

Indeed, many more reports of Thunder and Lightning to come I would say and also looking further ahead the weekend is looking most interesting too.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Some sfercs from the line of heavy precip stretching from London down to Hants, especially on tail-end charlie north of Portsmouth, where we should look out for potential supercell characteristics and rotation:

post-1052-0-63374000-1335355284_thumb.jp

Line of dark bases just to my west here in Croydon, with some noticeable updraft mammatus type base over me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Some sfercs from the line of heavy precip stretching from London down to Hants, especially on tail-end charlie north of Portsmouth, where we should look out for potential supercell characteristics and rotation:

Line of dark bases just to my west here in Croydon, with some noticeable updraft mammatus type base over me.

just had a rumble and some intense driving rain here in nw london from that

Posted

It was hard to get a good shot of the approaching squall(2 miles S of Alton) as there was already rain falling which hindered the clarity of the cloudbase but I was reasonably certain of a funnel on the mid/left of this shot given that it was there for a couple of minutes in an otherwise chaotic cloudscape. Impossible to be sure unfortunately. Once arrived it delivered torrential rain, hail and strong SLW's

Squallline2504121145zSofAlton.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Sunny afternoon here now.

Might get the BBQ out :) Its unlikely to rain here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Not sure about this afternoon. Think its been ramped up a bit too much (although there is a little bit of action further South) tbh however if we can get some more sunny skies then there is potential. Maybe something here but Id say the chances are below 30%.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

The bow disintegrated before getting to me and all we were left with in Mid Sussex was tons of rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just plain old rain here!