Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Part 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had some heavy showers here today but nothing in the way of thunder or lightning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

Latest radar shows rapid intensification just north of Chelmsford...

Lots of sferics from it too, would love to be able to see that now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Still awaiting this vicious thunderstorm we were promised.

Have had some very heavy downpours, each about 5 minutes but most of the activity seems to be going E and W of here.

Posted

Whether it's thundery or not we have another stunning radar to enjoy looking through with the LOW centre now around the Cornwall/West Devon

area and the rain rotating around it.

With more heavy showery bursts here I'm looking at the wettest 24 hour period (currently 30mm equalling 5-6 July last year) in BA12 since 2nd October 2010 (35.5mm) - that's over 18 months!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

I don't know what everyone is squeaking about.. as soon as 1 person says the whole thing is a mess, everyone joins in for the hell of it. Look at the intensity of some of the showers on the radar at the moment! There is no sign of these showers dying out soon overnight.. there is tomorrow aswell, once this band of rain has moved through, cloud will become thinner allowing solar heating tomorrow then Cb..? Also, it is ONLY 25th of April! There is May, June, July, August, September and October for storms! Chill out! wink.png

I agree on the last statement, but it is one whole convective mess out there. People want Thunder, Lightning, scary weather not just a absolute soaking, we can go Thorpe Park for that. I think the main problem is the Sunshine hasn't come out.

Still this late afternoon/evening to get the Sunshine out and break the cap. Things turning slightly brighter here in SE17.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

As I expected, the arc of showers edging slowly northwards into the midlands are getting well organized with some impressive radar echoes....Looking to my south, the line of anvil tops is most impressive, in fact I could go as far as to say that the shower/storm clouds to my south have the 'M&S 21 day matured fillet steak' look about them....i.e very beefy!

Id love to be able to see anything other than this grey murk we have here!. Sun came out earlier for around 10 mins and not seen since. I ain't given up on today, but I aint that optimistic either lol

Posted

Looks like clear skies edging in past Chesterfield at the moment, should be clearing up here in the next 2 hours before whatever's left coming out from the Midlands heads this way aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms.

Large Flash to the West of Me....just came over very dark in last 5 minutes!!

Yep, confirmed over Wickford. Few rumbles, nothing too exciting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Hmm.....an interesting downpour we just had...no lightning but quite a bit of rotation on it's eastern flank which passed just to my east...Wouldn't mind one of the severe weather team taking a look at the radar for that cell....

post-4149-0-66797100-1335368337.txt

post-4149-0-00560900-1335368478_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Never mind the thunderstorms but the weather outside is awful! Torrential rain....Crossed fingers those showers over the West Country will turn thundery...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A friend of mine at uni in Plymouth has reported thunder on facebook within the last half hour.

Posted

That cell should be over my location within the hour. Probobally won't end up as anything knowing our luck this year in the Peak District, but keeping a eye on the skies regardless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

There has been lots of rain today, constant persistent and heavy. Problem is my cellar is now flooded, not sure if its the rain leaking in or something more. Only a few inches deep but still a bit crappy :(

The rain is set to stop here in the next hour and then a clearance before the showers over the Midlands move this way. I am hoping they can intensify and provide me with my first thunderstorm of 2012. If not, then there is always tomorrow.

Some thunderstorms look to be rumbling around London up into East Anglia currently.

Posted

thunder on facebook

Wow, that social networking stuff is just like real life eh?

post-6667-0-16851400-1335369587_thumb.jp

Posted

Another +SHRA

Err what? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another +SHRA

In English please. :lol:

Heavy shower just passed but no recent Thundery activity almost everywhere right now. Tomorrow looks better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

We have Lightning on a bit of a low cloud bank to the west here, but no thunder. It's SO dark!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Err what? biggrin.png

In English please. laugh.png

Heavy shower just passed but no recent Thundery activity almost everywhere right now. Tomorrow looks better.

I thought you guys where interested in bloody weather lol, - or + = light or heavy with nothing indicating just whatever lol. the SH = Showers the RA = Rain.

so +SHRA = Heavy Showers of Rain.

There's a Thunderstorm I believed to my east, and one to my west.... so nothing fun here yet so far.

The lot stretching English Channel to france, looks potent.. let's see what it bangs.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Have got my eyes on that Line Segment over the Cherbourg Peninsular for later, if it holds together it should slide east of Portsmouth and move into the SE.

Please Please some low level darkness Lightning photography for the Uk

Posted

I thought you guys where interested in bloody weather lol, - or + = light or heavy with nothing indicating just whatever lol. the SH = Showers the RA = Rain.

so +SHRA = Heavy Showers of Rain.

There's a Thunderstorm I believed to my east, and one to my west.... so nothing fun here yet so far.

The lot stretching English Channel to france, looks potent.. let's see what it bangs.

thats aviation speak though? If it it's at least I can say I have learn't something new today lol. My neighbour just said he heard it thunder while he was feeding his ferrets...not entirely convinced though if im honest.

Posted

I'm also keeping an eye on that line currently heading out of Northern France.

A little off track, has anyone seen the line of Thunderstorms that are in Eastern Europe, stretching from the Med to Scandinavia? Would love some of that aha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Got my eye on a storm mid channel, due south of Dungeness. looks fairly beefy, well isolated too, strongly thinking a trip to Dover may be required as it's going to miss me here. Mind you by the time I finish work it will already be there! These showers are moving at fair old pace!