Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Saturday - Sunday Low Pressure

Eskimo

Posted

Judging by the radar, the rain is now edging up from the south-east - pretty much exactly as forecasted.

I can't imagine a solitary delivery will be bowled anywhere in the county championship tomorrow.

Bish

Posted

Here on the Kent/Surret border it's been raining all day, so much for the light showers forecast? it is currently raining moderately to heavy and there appears no let up until post lunchtime tommorrow. We could see 2 inches out of this over the 2 days.

Bloody horrible and anyone who likes this must be completely insane.

Forgot to say winds now getting up as well.

Edited by HighPressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

some nice reds getting mixed in on radar , i think there is going to be plenty of large rainfall totals , but one or two places missing out with those clear slots annoying some . what a big ,,,,,,, , if only the current set up was ,january . oh well perhaps MR AZORES as gone to sleep for 12 months . also could be interesting on tuesday ,bring it on ,regards and CHEERS drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Here on the Kent/Surret border it's been raining all day, so much for the light showers forecast? it is currently raining moderately to heavy and there appears no let up until post lunchtime tommorrow. We could see 2 inches out of this over the 2 days.

Forgot to say winds now getting up as well.

I can only echo this comment. An absolutely vile day ahead tomorrow. As i said in another thread the other day, its unsocialable, stuck indoors weather at its worst.

Posted

Forecasts and totals from the charts I've looked at seem to suggest we will get more rain here than they suggested earlier in the day, which is nice as if it's dull and wet I'd like interesting amounts ideally. Could be quite a lot of rain with persistent rain from about 1am to after 1pm shown, then showery rain following and lasting into the night on the Met Offices latest rainfall forecast.

I also thought what it might be like if this was January, but I guess being technical, In January this low probably wouldn't have formed like this because I imagine the hot plume to our east/SE over Europe and the contrast between that and the cool air to the west will help drive it's development.

It would be rather interesting if we got a low like this in January though.

Posted

What about well known members on the forum like TM?

Personally I find heavy rainfalls interesting, and think if it's dull and wet I'd like decent rainfall totals to provide interest. Not gunna lie, as I'm indoors tomorrow anyway the wind and rain could provide quite a cosy feeling too.. I would not like it if we had too many dull wet days in summer though, heavy convective downpours are more interesting and can provide the rain then! :-)

Edit: ahh I always thought posting like this added it to the end of my previous post, but it doesn't seem to any more.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Well we've had a lot of rain over the last few days in this area. A couple of inches tomorrow would lead to flooding, I'm sure of that.

I'm working 8-4 tomorrow but where I work isn't the best when it rains as the roof tends to leak like crazy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

winds certainly picking up here on the south coast and gusts have a little whislte in them now...now I dont know if this is my computer or web link but why is it just west midlands with an amber warning and the rest is yellowcray.gif dont get it....

ooh that was a big gust...yep force 8 gusts now in the harbour

http://www.cambermet.co.uk/(S(odaawzuoiv41kz45ny04zo55))/default.aspx

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

I suspect tomorrows rain won't be bad as some expect but a) Hoping for enough to take us too 200 mm for April b:. If it is as bad as forecast may take my camera into town for the floods.

Sheffield is primed as in 2007 for some flooding not to the same extent but primed.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

I suspect tomorrows rain won't be bad as some expect but a) Hoping for 200 mm for April b:.

I'm not expecting 100mm - though it will be the wettest month here since August 2010

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

some stronger gusts of wind now ,but the next minute flat calm ,just been out for a fag and its starting to spot .some heavier bursts crossing the channell .cheers.

Posted

What about well known members on the forum like TM?

Personally I find heavy rainfalls interesting, and think if it's dull and wet I'd like decent rainfall totals to provide interest. Not gunna lie, as I'm indoors tomorrow anyway the wind and rain could provide quite a cosy feeling too.. I would not like it if we had too many dull wet days in summer though, heavy convective downpours are more interesting and can provide the rain then! :-)

Edit: ahh I always thought posting like this added it to the end of my previous post, but it doesn't seem to any more.

Hurricanes are interesting but that is not say I want to be in one, although I know some here would love to be? I just question their sanity :)

Edited by HighPressure

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

And I question the sanity of people who want deathly heat but we all have preferences, so can we just leave it at that, hmm? :)

Posted

I'd like to echo this sentiment. I'm looking forward to being woken up tomorrow morning to the sound of heavy rain lashing against the window, and then realising that I don't have to go to work........

Plus, at risk of repeating myself, but we desperately need all this rain. Might as well happen now rather than the middle of July.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Has anyone notice the large area of very heavy rain over Western France at the moment? it's currently detached from the main band over us. Has it got the UK's name on it?

Posted

I think so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Has anyone notice the large area of very heavy rain over Western France at the moment? it's currently detached from the main band over us. Has it got the UK's name on it?

Yes it does although it won't be as heavy as that once it hits us.

Posted

Getting 50mph gusts here in North Herts. A mate of mine in an exposed farm house has a weather station and it is measuring 60(ish)mph gusts.

Posted

Reports on TWO of branches down and villages with power cuts. The radar looks weak but it must be packing a punch already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The NE wind is already averaging around 31 mph here, gusting to 49, and the rain area is still well to the south east.

Posted

Why?

I also question why? If people like deathly heat then let them like deathly heat, at the end of the day the weather does what the weather does, you either enjoy it or you don't.

Posted

Reports on TWO of branches down and villages with power cuts. The radar looks weak but it must be packing a punch already.

No surprise with the already saturated groundwater and branches in full-leaf approaching the early summer. Doesn't really take a lot to knock one of these down, especially with the Dutch elm still going about.

It was around this time last year we had funneling down off Kinder Scout which knocked such a significant branch into the Canal despite it being a sunny day at the time. Lucky noone was around and the only damage came from a knocked-out fence post.