Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Saturday - Sunday Low Pressure

Eskimo

Posted

I also question why? If people like deathly heat then let them like deathly heat, at the end of the day the weather does what the weather does, you either enjoy it or you don't.

And the consequencies are not important?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very windy for the time of year here' gusts up to 45mph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I also question why? If people like deathly heat then let them like deathly heat, at the end of the day the weather does what the weather does, you either enjoy it or you don't.

I think both of you misinterpreted what I said. I'm just saying even though I wonder why people enjoy such weather I don't really care and don't question it like HighPressure is doing, and I am suggesting we just accept we all have our preferences rather than taking threads OT. Simple?

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

River has now burst its bank.

Edited by Eskimo

Posted

Anyway.... will see snow falling over pennine hills and Welsh mountains tomorrow, a forecast max temperature here of only 3.c. Very cold for the end of April.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The wind and rain is probably the worst it's been here so far tonight - trying to get to sleep so I'm not going to check wind speeds and rainfall amounts, all I know is it's lashing on the windows at the front of the house and even with double glazing it's really noisy !

Posted

Hurricanes are interesting but that is not say I want to be in one, although I know some here would love to be? I just question their sanity smile.png

True, I find tornadoes pretty interesting to watch but wouldn't want to be in the path of one (or want anyone else or their house to be for that matter!) I would probably like to experience seeing/being in a hurricane if I knew I was 100% safe though.

I'd like to echo this sentiment. I'm looking forward to being woken up tomorrow morning to the sound of heavy rain lashing against the window, and then realising that I don't have to go to work........

Plus, at risk of repeating myself, but we desperately need all this rain. Might as well happen now rather than the middle of July.

Bish

I'm kind of looking forward to that too. I also am thinking/hoping (and being perhaps slightly too optimistic) that we may well get a pattern change into summer after this slightly more 'normal' spring temp-wise than previous years, and would prefer this now to give all the plants about to burst into summer life a good drink.

I can understand the dissatisfaction of this weather for those that have had several dull/wet days already, or those that want to/have to be outside tomorrow though.

I also have a stream and river near me and I've always been interested in river systems and how they behave, which probably adds to my interest of heavy rains.

Back to now - the wind is picking up here with strong-ish sounding gusts at times, although we're perhaps slightly sheltered here and so is my anemometer so it might not pick up the highest speeds/gusts.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

The wind gusts are very sudden and it's so very very rare to have Easterly gales.

Forecasts and totals from the charts I've looked at seem to suggest weI also thought what it might be like if this was January, but I guess being technical, In January this low probably wouldn't have formed like this because I imagine the hot plume to our east/SE over Europe and the contrast between that and the cool air to the west will help drive it's development.

It would be rather interesting if we got a low like this in January though.

It certainly would, how much snow would it have bought!!

Even this morning places like Liscombe on Exmoor are only at 1.4c so there must be a chance of wintryness up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Very disturbed nights sleep, I see an amber warning for glouc/wors/shrop for flooding. Why can't the water companies take water from river when its raging and top the reseviors up? Lights flickering here as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

It's been a very wet and windy night near Marlow, Bucks. Still this morning it continues.

The garden has numerous large pots blown over and judging by my mobile phone battery status, it stopped charging about five hours ago, yep power cut time. Called Scottish and Southern and their automated service simply said due to the weather there has been wide spread damage in many areas. Normally they give an area affected and an ETA for fix. This message is very general so I think many different areas are suffering :-(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Morning all cool.png

An overcast, wet and breezy morning here in Jersey this morning. Our local met office are expecting the winds to increase gradually during the day to between strong force 7 and gale force 8 by this afternoon with gusts up to 55mph possible this evening. Unusual for this time of year for sure...

http://www.jerseymet.gov.je/

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It was rather wet and windy overnight but seems to be easing somewhat, moderate winds and dry at the moment. Have I been lucky or have I missed something in the forecast?!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Very windy here this morning, just recorded 55.6mph gust from the northeast, not often you get a gale like this from that wind direction. 12.2mm of rain has fallen in the last 12hrs, with plenty more to come by the looks of things.

Posted

Winds cranking up to +55mph gusts in the past hour on what was a otherwise quiet night here. Waking up at 9am to hear the window creaking and leaf debris blowing past in the gusts.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just had a 48mph Gust here, Heavy rain some sleet mixed in.

Im going to have to take my dog out shortly, and im not looking foward to it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

It was rather wet and windy overnight but seems to be easing somewhat, moderate winds and dry at the moment. Have I been lucky or have I missed something in the forecast?!?

Not sure, but it's not as wet or as windy as I was expecting here, just raining lightly and a bit breezy. 1.8mm so far, I think NAE has gotten it wrong and the heaviest totals will be in the west, unless the rain gets heavier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Had a gust of 62 mph early this morning and another of 56 mph shortly after 0800. Continuous moderate rain at the moment but I doubt if we'll get the 25 mm or so that was suggested on the regional forecast, unless it carries on like this all day. The whole area of rain does seem to be moving fairly steadily north westward although it's difficult to tell whether or not it's constantly generating down wind.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Chucking it down here and the front seems to be beefing up. Sleet has stopped now though just moderate rain. 7mm so far should get half n inch easily enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Very cold here, my in car thermometer was reading just 3c. Very wet, but with a few snowflakes evident in the heavier bursts of rain. Slightly surprising given the fact that I am only at 80m asl.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

I suspect that we will have had over an inch here already. Driving over the South Downs last night was fun with gales and driving rain - lots of surface water. It looked as if the front had passed early this morning but the last few hours it has pepped up again. I just don't know why I enjoy this miserable weather!

Posted

VERY wet here and wind is really going strong. What concerns are the river levels, looks like we are going to be in with some flooding and have just found this :-/

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Incident-room-set-Tewkesbury-amid-flooding-fears/story-15943615-detail/story.html

Does not sound good

Posted

Mostly light rain so far with the odd moderate burst. Most of the heavy rain has missed but 6mm at the moment..

Posted

15.50 mm recorded here since midnight according to our local weather station, which pushes us over 100 mm for the month.

Bish