Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 15th June 2012>

Posted

Very unstable mid-upper level cloud with a layer of Altocumulus (some Castellanus) covering much of the sky now and scattered

robust looking Cumulus beneath. Some much darker areas of cloud have moved North to the West of here in the last few hours.

It looks right, it feels right.

so andy we are in for a good chance of someting tonight ?..my sister rang up from her holiday in weymouth asking if we had anyting coming as she has one of her "steel band storm headaches" and its felling very "right" down there to..

Posted

It looks right, it feels right.

We aren't back to Lewis's blonde are we??????? unsure.png

Dewpoints still ranging around the 13°C max:

http://www.netweathe...rrent;type=maxd

and likely to remain high overnight down here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Would love to get a night time thunderstorms! I love them and don't remember when the last time we had one, would be great if my first proper storm of the year was a night one :D fingers crossed that things go right for us for once!

Posted

With tomorrows solstice dawn looking like a no show (hopefully obscured by thunder cloudsrofl.gif)

I took the opportunity to 'bank' this mornings Sunrise over Birmingham city centre

Remember when we were young we shone like the sun!

Lovely video there mate, will have to get the sunset on a time lapse on my new camcorder tonight., you chose the right song for it too, you'll av me getting the Pink Floyd albums out tonight now haha.

Posted

Just looked at sat. pics on my phone looks to be some storms forming in western approaches and some nice storms pouring into biscay from nw iberia lets hope it all gets here I finish work 10 tonight I hope for a late night

(null)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

............But there is that 'heavy' smell of....of.....SOMETHING in the air.

We usually get that round here when the farmers have been muck spreading ! Seriously though I know what you mean it feels thundery here, not sure we will get anything apart from heavy rain though but fingers crossed for some action tonight angel.gif

Firefighter%20Arrested.JPG

Coast I thought you had stopped cross dressing at weekends now, or is this an old picture blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

We usually get that round here when the farmers have been muck spreading ! Seriously though I know what you mean it feels thundery here, not sure we will get anything apart from heavy rain though but fingers crossed for some action tonight angel.gif

Coast I thought you had stopped cross dressing at weekends now, or is this an old picture blum.gif

Christ, that doesn't half look like someone I know!blink.png I had to do a double take!

The latest NAE shows some high rainfall totals over the next 36 hours for parts of Midlands, Wales and SW England with 2-3 inches in places and locally no doubt more. A fair bit of uncertainty of the exact area and amounts but definitely flooding concerns...

12062212_2012.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The latest NAE shows some high rainfall totals over the next 36 hours for parts of Midlands, Wales and SW England with 2-3 inches in places and locally no doubt more. A fair bit of uncertainty of the exact area and amounts but definitely flooding concerns...

12062212_2012.gif

Very localised because from where I live to 30 miles westwards there's a 30mm difference!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Only an 8.6°C dew point here. It got fresher over the last few hours.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

its gone very humid and close here.. loads of static crash's on H.F.

I'm struggling to work out why that is? Independant stations around your area are showing humidity around the 55% mark with a dew point of around 8°C or 9°C, that to me isn't humid or close. It's been dropping here and getting fresher.

Posted

I'm still expecting the main threat if it comes, to be after dark. Let's just hope someone gets some really exciting stuff tonight as I may not be on-line until the morning (although I will be looking out for anything the SE gets, poised with camera!)

Posted

I'm struggling to work out why that is? Independant stations around your area are showing humidity around the 55% mark with a dew point of around 8°C or 9°C, that to me isn't humid or close. It's been dropping here and getting fresher.

local microclimate maybe ..but it is deffo getting close and sticky out..

Posted

local microclimate maybe ..but it is deffo getting close and sticky out..

Yeah could be!

There's a micro-climate here in the Isle of Purbeck without a doubt.

Looking forward to later though, if it's going to be wet, it may as well do it properly. biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Satellite image doesnt scream much potential to me. Yes any action should be later anyway however it looks like just a lot of general cloud and moderate to some heavy rain to me. I hope Im wrong however.

Posted

Mostly Ac Cas here in the northwest which has built up through the days heating and become more widespread as the tops flatten out to a cap above them. Hoping for this stuff to dissipate like it did yesterday evening for some clear skies ahead of the front, any sferics that come my way I should at least get to see 'murk and mist' free.

Posted

Peak District area forecast for tomorrow (Met Office)

A return to unsettled conditions. Persistent rain setting in during the morning, heavy and perhaps thundery, strong easterly winds, with gales over the tops, and extensive hill fog, too. During the afternoon, a slightly better prospect, rain becoming more sporadic, perhaps even a few brighter spells, and the winds veering to a southerly direction and easing down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Note that the post-frontal regime tomorrow afternoon could also set off some thundery activity, particularly in the eastern half of England, with any sunny intervals helping to trigger convective activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

Can't help but notice that the MetO have removed the word 'thunder' from just about every kind of text and warning regarding tonight's potential...