Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 15th June 2012>

Posted

Can't help but notice that the MetO have removed the word 'thunder' from just about every kind of text and warning regarding tonight's potential...

The guy on News24 at 5pm couldn't enphasise "thundery" enough - was practically in every sentance.

Sferics now showing up over NW France.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

The guy on News24 at 5pm couldn't enphasise "thundery" enough - was practically in every sentance.

Interesting. Laura Tobin on the News at 1 also only mentioned heavy rain, no t-word mentioned... Talk about painting a confusing picture!

Edited by Mesocyclonic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

I have been looking at the charts and the sky all day, I really can't see a big thundery breakdown going down tonight. Heavy rain definitely but it doesn't feel warm enough for a storm. But i have been wrong before! Tomorrow however does look very interesting...

Posted

Interesting. Laura Tobin on the News at 1 also only mentioned heavy rain, no t-word mentioned... Talk about painting a confusing picture!

even at the 5to 6 weather on news24 he used the thundery word more times that i could count ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just travelled from up from Taunton and its started to rain there now! Nothing thundery as of yet, but looks like rain is arriving now!

Posted

Just travelled from up from Taunton and its started to rain there now! Nothing thundery as of yet, but looks like rain is arriving now!

Yes it has lol. 5.2mm of rain in just over an hour so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

There's lots to play for, not just tonight. The plume doesn't fully engage until tomorrow .. somewhere around the midlands.

Posted

There's lots to play for, not just tonight. The plume doesn't fully engage until tomorrow .. somewhere around the midlands.

It's all or nothing tonight for the SW though! Tomorrow it will all be away to the NE of me down here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

thought i would post all my uk gang a post .im in canada at present ,just had 3 weeks of fun .plenty of storms ,but guess what they all stayed severall miles away . our friends here have just lost their mum ,so today is the funerall ,so im down in a cool basement just waiting for family to arrive . temp outside 34 c .humidex 42 .on toronto weather they have just mentioned uk extreme weather for wed/ thurs ,i hope you all get some interesting action but stay safe ,drinks.gif legritter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

First sferics on the radar over the Channel!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Wow, theres some very heavy stuff down south moving up now.

Anyone in plymouth / southy coast area able to see what its like?

Posted

Is it me or is it moving in a more Northerly direction rather than NE! From Devon up to South Wales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Is it me or is it moving in a more Northerly direction rather than NE! From Devon up to South Wales!

I'm pretty sure that'll change. I'm still progged to get some heavy rain around 1 or 2am, so it'll develop more later. :)

Posted

Don't post on here much but I'm always reading, just going to say I can't really see much happening round my parts but some people in the south west will probably see something. Tomorrow looks quite good as long as the sun gets out, I might be a bit too far south though! Midlands, East Anglia areas look best to me.

Thought this year was going to be a good one for plumes after the event earlier in the year where there was plenty of night time lightning, the best I'd seen for years. Hopefully July can surprise us and let's see what tonight brings us.

Cheers, Liam.

Posted

Some quite nice/interesting skies here. All mid level cloud and dark in places, esp to the SW and much of it has that wavey/'crinkly' underside to it. Certainly has a 'thundery rain' look to it rather than normal frontal rain.

Had a bit of moderate rain recently, am watching that stuff to the south.

Posted

That is the case with one part of the rainfall, however, the next lot coming out of France looks more set for Dorset, Somerset, South East Wales, South Midlands ect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I wish i still lived in Guernsey. Looks quite active around there

Posted

On Sky there seemed to be 2 lumps, the first up from france west of IOW northwards then later another lump from france northwards over SE. Not very technical I know :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

The PPN down south is getting quite intense.

You can clearly see that within 15 minutes a simple dry spot changes to moderate to heavy rain.

Its growing and expanding quite quickly. Een some sferics mixed in.

Will be interesting when it hits land properly because boom goes the dynamite!

North of plymouth you can clearly see how quickly its exploded as it reached land

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

Heavy rain here in the Valleys and getting heavier. Skies have that stormy look about them so fingers crossed, not getting my hopes up though. Storms don't like here, especially night ones.

There's some extremely heavy rain currently off the coast of Devon that's heading straight for us, so if anywhere is likely to see storms tonight it's here. I'd love to say I'm excited for tonight but we got badly flooded during a similar setup in June 2009. I'm a little worried by the intensity of the PPN that's heading towards us.

Edited by Jackfrost