Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted

Very pleasant day if a little hazy and gusty at times, ironic the 1st day of September more summery than 90% of summer :lol:

20.1c and sunny spells at the mo, Monday looks glorious!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Weather guide blog looking at Summer gone and the week ahead:

http://forum.netweat...d-the-midlands/

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Chilly last night under clear skies with a low of 7.9c, currently 15.7c and gloriously sunny, should hit 22c later :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It was a stunning day yesterday with temps in mid 70's.....looks like it'll be a lot cooler and cloudier though today as an old frontal system is encroaching from the NW, already overcast here, maybe a spot or two of drizzle this morning, but then as the old frontal system slides away to the SE things should brighten up towards the evening as HP builds from the west, heralding the start of several days of fine, warm at times weather

Posted

Well certainly not the warm sunshine expected for today thus far, currently cold with thick haze at 12c after a chilly low of 5.6c.

Edit: Turning pleasant now thankgoodness.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Glorious warm and sunny afternoon with a high of 20.6c so climbed a good 15 degrees from last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Anyone else see the sunlit mammatus in the western sky? Has been great this evening looking at a beautiful sky.

yep, managed to get a couple of blurry pics..

post-4149-0-02383400-1346945415_thumb.jp

post-4149-0-52479600-1346945480_thumb.jp

A beautiful day today, a bit of a chilly breeze at times, but nice none the less, and it looks like temps will continue to rise a few more degrees through the weekend

Posted

Some of the best weather of the year today without a doubt.

Cloudless skies! literally not one cloud in sight with glorious fresh blue skies and temperatures of 22c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tenerife weather

Cloudy all day here, off to Stratford races in the morning and is supposed to be a cracking day with clear blue skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cloudy all day here, off to Stratford races in the morning and is supposed to be a cracking day with clear blue skies.

I am only 14 miles to your south, today been unbroken sun until 5pm when thick high cloud rolled in from the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

What a fantastic week! Breezy today but very nice and warm with just a thin veil of high cloud. The next week looks a bit autumnal briefly but models hinting at more high pressure from Saturday onwards. Apart from in the holidays my time in the Midlands is up this week. I'm moving down South to Falmouth, Cornwall. :D My only real chance of winter snow will be back here at Christmas. Will be able to experience some

Gales at least. Also being on the coast, even more sunshine! :D

Posted
Posted

What a fantastic week! Breezy today but very nice and warm with just a thin veil of high cloud. The next week looks a bit autumnal briefly but models hinting at more high pressure from Saturday onwards. Apart from in the holidays my time in the Midlands is up this week. I'm moving down South to Falmouth, Cornwall. biggrin.png My only real chance of winter snow will be back here at Christmas. Will be able to experience some

Gales at least. Also being on the coast, even more sunshine! biggrin.png

Cornwall snowier surely? continental air in place, with fronts pushing in from S or SW, usually die out before here, can do much better as well off wishbone effect northerly or NW wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cornwall snowier surely? continental air in place, with fronts pushing in from S or SW, usually die out before here, can do much better as well off wishbone effect northerly or NW wind

It doesn't happen often, not on the tip of the country where the mild Atlantic air dominates. A really cold air flow would be needed for me, perhaps December 2010 style for something. Often in battleground scenarios the snow doesn't start from Devon eastwards. I'm going to be about as far South as you can get in the uk too. Snow is a rarity undoubtedly there.

Posted

Falmouth Sunny?.....that's a good one! lol

Posted

Falmouth Sunny?.....that's a good one! lol

Dont say that... laugh.png

Surely more sun than Telford though... laugh.png

But here is my straw to clutch: http://www.metoffice.../ukmapavge.html (Go to Sunshine and then Annual) smile.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

horrendous day tomorrow, with rain streaming in from cheshire gap, may even last all day, I mean who wants that, 11C driving rain and high winds

Posted

horrendous day tomorrow, with rain streaming in from cheshire gap, may even last all day, I mean who wants that, 11C driving rain and high winds

I thought you did? laugh.png

Looks dry for me down here and of course weekend onwards looking very promising again thus far for more late summery conditions as long as they dont change. smile.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Thankfully looks like Cheshire Gap rain going north of me, through Stockport and into derbyshire, winds too westerly, can see the shower clouds to my north

Posted

Cool, cloudy, showery, windy crap.

Warm, Sunny, Dry, Light breeze. Pleasant..... Here. :lol: