Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like the West Midlands missing out today. Met Monkey just has the risk curving round our region pretty much! :lol:

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The chance of storms may be nearly 0% but the chance of a warm, sunny late afternoon and evening looks very likely given the satellite image. :D

Posted

I'm assuming we're a little cooler than the reading at the airport seeing we're 20 miles west of there, don't think we're quite at 24C here...although Shawbury is just 5C cooler than the airport...and that's 40 miles to the west so a little further into the cooler air so probably not a huge difference. I think it'll about from Coventry eastwards you'll start to notice the real heat.

Edited by Gord

Posted

A fresh breeze has suddenly picked up and the clouds seems a lot lower in the sky then they were. Does this mean things are starting to shift?

Posted

Absolutely RUBBISH day, overcast skies all day with some rain at times bar a brief 20 minute spell of sunshine an hour ago and a high of just 19.8c!! 24c in Birmingham just a few miles away, actually feeling rather chilly now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

A fresh breeze has suddenly picked up and the clouds seems a lot lower in the sky then they were. Does this mean things are starting to shift?

yes matey changing now to a standard average Atlantic setup, average temps all week, W or SW winds and thankfully not too hot

Posted

Roll on Winter 2012/13. Is anybody else rather get the summer out of the way now?

Posted

Roll on Winter 2012/13. Is anybody else rather get the summer out of the way now?

Don't want it to be winter yet! It's actually coming up to one of my favourite times of year. I love it when Autumn slowly starts to show itself. The colours are amazing and any sunny weather we get in September/early October can be some of the most pleasant weather of the year. Not to mention the early morning mist, the first light frosts. I've already seen what I consider the very first sign of late summer...blackberries!

...and there are still 2 weeks of August!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We had a lovely day here - lots of sunshine, some clouds and it got really hot. Beautiful evening too.

Posted

Overcast again today with no sign of breaks despite the forecast of sunny spells and 22c, good god this is getting tedious.

post-2546-0-51533000-1345459294_thumb.jp

Edited by conor123

Posted

Overcast again today with no sign of breaks despite the forecast of sunny spells and 22c, good god this is getting tedious.

Good sunny spells here after earlier showers. Warm. :)

Posted

Had a few sunny spells this afternoon in the end though mostly cloudy (cloudcover always above 80%) no shocks on the satellite a line of cloud always over here with sun to north and south :lol:

In spite of this still reached 22.3c so warm at least, seriously fed up of this lack of sunshine though now! might have to plan a trip to the sunny South East!

Posted

Had a few sunny spells this afternoon in the end though mostly cloudy (cloudcover always above 80%) no shocks on the satellite a line of cloud always over here with sun to north and south laugh.png

In spite of this still reached 22.3c so warm at least, seriously fed up of this lack of sunshine though now! might have to plan a trip to the sunny South East!

No need to go the SE Yesterday, You only needed to come this way for a very nice day! :)

Im off camping in Wales from today till Saturday. Apart from a few showers and Saturday morning, it doesnt look too bad actually though not terribly warm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hi guys we have tnl in brum.

Posted

Good sunny spells this afternoon after 2pm, felt quite cool though when it clouded over, high of 19c.

Posted

nearly every friday this summer been wet, and another wet one coming up, dry thurs night though

Tel me about it. Ive been saying that at work without really knowing it was fact. Always seem to plan to go out on a Friday night and look forward to sitting outside the bar for a bit ...

Showing heavy rain for Birmingham tomorrow evening - hope theyre wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

not a bad day all in all...some milky sunshine, dry & feeling quite warm and humid

Posted

Got back from Camping in Wales...2 days early because it wouldnt stop damn raining and the forecast was for more. Of course, here has been bone dry!

Its a shame as Wales is a lovely place but my god is the rain relentless, every year we go there. The ground was heavily saturated, waterlogged, even flooding in places from last nights rain. Guys, here in the Midlands we really get away very lightly thanks to the Welsh mountains and Shropshire hills etc. The clouds always look threatening there. Of course it was sunnier and brighter here. I just couldnt live in Wales as it would become so depressing to me.

Im not complaining about rain in this region anymore! At least I can enjoy my summer outdoors here without the ground being flooded, torn up etc!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Got back from Camping in Wales...2 days early because it wouldnt stop damn raining and the forecast was for more. Of course, here has been bone dry!

Its a shame as Wales is a lovely place but my god is the rain relentless, every year we go there. The ground was heavily saturated, waterlogged, even flooding in places from last nights rain. Guys, here in the Midlands we really get away very lightly thanks to the Welsh mountains and Shropshire hills etc. The clouds always look threatening there. Of course it was sunnier and brighter here. I just couldnt live in Wales as it would become so depressing to me.

Im not complaining about rain in this region anymore! At least I can enjoy my summer outdoors here without the ground being flooded, torn up etc!

parts of W midlands had storms on tuesday, I had a mini one, one rumble of thunder

Posted

weather here last night was perfect - still and mild - we were out playing tennis till about 8:30 till needed the floodlights on

gutted its going to rain this afternoon / evening

Posted

parts of W midlands had storms on tuesday, I had a mini one, one rumble of thunder

I wouldnt even call a rumble a mini storm. :lol:

Yes, apparently it went very dark near here on Tuesday but not much came of it if anything. As usual, all missing here.

Posted

I wouldnt even call a rumble a mini storm. :lol:

Yes, apparently it went very dark near here on Tuesday but not much came of it if anything. As usual, all missing here.

im sure my pain was worse that day two torrential cells literally skimmed me with both containing sfercis