Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like a good few days of decent convective potential now except probably tomorrow for this region. Some really good CAPE Values etc showing.

With regards to today Tony Gilbert suggests the trough today has been delayed somewhat and main activity will now be from 2pm until 9pm so could the trough arrive at a more favourable time for once?!?

On a seperate note, although its unsettled its nice to have temperatures at least around the 20c mark this week compared to the constant 13-15c not long ago. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Just had a verry heavy shower for about 5-10mins here in brum but no tnl though.

Posted

3rd day of utter miserable grey weather here, more excitement this weekend though with sunny spells and heavy thundery downpours then the chance of a pleasant warm and possibly thundery spell later next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lovely warm and sunny down here today. No rain at all. 28th June was our only proper storm.

Posted

Distant thunder here earlier but thats ahh we could manage, on the whole just nothingness and below average again, high of 18.6c.

Looks very very pleasant for Wednesday onwards with plenty of warm and increasingly sunny weather with the potential for some hot & thundery conditions as the low nears us from the South West come the weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

lots of thunder earlier, saw no lightning but at shugborough hall I heard there was lightning, about 4 miles SE of here

Posted

Next week Beginning to look really really nice. Temperatures rising from Tuesday. Looks like turning very warm from Wednesday and staying mostly dry and very warm perhaps hot if the GFS is undercooking as usual until Sunday at least. High pressure just to the East of the UK, in Summer!!! Woop!

No downgrades please. Though I know Snow Norfolk n Chance will. NO!!! is the answer.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Next week Beginning to look really really nice. Temperatures rising from Tuesday. Looks like turning very warm from Wednesday and staying mostly dry and very warm perhaps hot if the GFS is undercooking as usual until Sunday at least. High pressure just to the East of the UK, in Summer!!! Woop!

No downgrades please. Though I know Snow Norfolk n Chance will. NO!!! is the answer.

I dont fancy being uncomfortably hot, obviously you must have air conditioned house

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Storm shield broke apart thanks to a mini thunderstorm invading here this afternoon. Although I work in a building, had heard some rather loud bangs with some heavy burts of rain from time to time. Not sure whether their was any lightning or not, although the sky did look rather dark and grey. Really wanted to go and watch it, but sadly it occurred during working hours. Still pleased with how things turned out here, nevertheless - it could have been worse.

Just hope the storm shields that stayed too strong today, get torn apart tomorrow. :)

Posted

I dont fancy being uncomfortably hot, obviously you must have air conditioned house

No actually but the house doesnt usually get too hot. I get the sun in the morning but its gone by late afternoon so cools a little for night time. I suspect temperatures wont exceed what we had last week but still very warm, perhaps hot or just pleasant.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

No actually but the house doesnt usually get too hot. I get the sun in the morning but its gone by late afternoon so cools a little for night time. I suspect temperatures wont exceed what we had last week but still very warm, perhaps hot or just pleasant.

face East then? I face north (hottest direction to face) get the sun from 5pm until sunset, and wind usually from SW-SE for hot weather so get no air in

Posted

Eh? huh.png

Think you'll find that south or west-facing rooms within a building are the warmest during summer.

during day maybe, but not the evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

So guys what r the storm chances for brum today? I c the met have a yello warning for the wm today.

Posted

:lol: 06z has a small area of cloud hogging Shropshire the whole week, would not be a shock if that happened.

Wonder if a miracle can happen and us finally get a dead on hit by a storm today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

:lol: 06z has a small area of cloud hogging Shropshire the whole week, would not be a shock if that happened.

Wonder if a miracle can happen and us finally get a dead on hit by a storm today?

Nah conor they will get towards telford and either suddenly vanish or split in 2 and go round us haha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow

Suddenly gone very still here, thunder in the distance coming closer. Location Alridge West Midlands

Posted

Looks like everything just passing to our East. Massive gap of nothing from South Wales to here.

Posted

Hey guys rain thunder and lightning here in brum.

Posted

Hey guys rain thunder and lightning here in brum.

Where in Birmingham are you?

Posted

Shock horror nothing but cloudy skies and the odd spot of rain here :lol:, my gosh were never gonna get a storm are we!