Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

beautiful here, very few clouds, hot and sunny.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

better today after a hot. sunny start, turned cooler from the NW at around 1pm, 21.9C max reached during morning,

tuesday looks an absolute washout, not pleasant but better than mon-thurs this week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

better today after a hot. sunny start, turned cooler from the NW at around 1pm, 21.9C max reached during morning,

tuesday looks an absolute washout, not pleasant but better than mon-thurs this week

I think 95% will dispute That last line ;)

Posted

sunny again, 5th day in a row bbc weather got it wrong! the sun was always meant to be just for South,

summer hopefully on its way out now, I mean is 2nd half of August really summer? very rarely warm and sunny

Posted

Summer on its way out? other than this week weve not had a summer, I can't believe people would want the horrid depressing grim weather back again already :lol:

Posted

sunny again, 5th day in a row bbc weather got it wrong! the sun was always meant to be just for South,

summer hopefully on its way out now, I mean is 2nd half of August really summer? very rarely warm and sunny

Are you kidding me August is not autumn, in fact september rarely feels autumnal to me apart from the shorter daylight hours, we get a lot of days that are 18c to 20c, i think its your cold tinted glasses that wants summer to be over ASAP

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes.

Seriously, how can you want such depressing weather. Ive just got back from 2 weeks of glorious sun and heat in Spain. You lot have had a great week here. Why want unsocial able, cloudy, wet weather? Cant understand this preference.

Posted

Today's been rather glorious until 10 minutes ago when that sheet of stratocumulus has finally reached us.

Up until then sunny spells, often long spells of sunshine with a fresh breeze and despite a high of just 18c its felt very warm in the sun!

Also if you want a laugh :lol: remember people were sceptical believed me when I said Telford & Shropshire dodged every storm in June.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/anomacts/2012/6/2012_6_Rainfall_Anomaly_1971-2000.gif

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

one of my friends is in liverpool and he said theres thunder there.

Posted

Yes.

Seriously, how can you want such depressing weather. Ive just got back from 2 weeks of glorious sun and heat in Spain. You lot have had a great week here. Why want unsocial able, cloudy, wet weather? Cant understand this preference.

Dont particularly like it wet, but prefer it to hot, today been okay, In winter I certainly dont like cloudy and wet,

Posted

Omg, Paul Sherman has had 6 storms today!!! Thats IMPOSSIBLE here. Nice arc of Sferics around much of the West Mids today.

Whilst the 28th June was unforgettable, just 2 storms for 2012 as a whole is shocking given we are now nearly at August. The Easterners dont have a bloody clue still hoe relatively stormless we are.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Nothing here either, so much better now that horrid hot sun has gone, this ideal, not cold or hot, mostly dry with chance of showers,

good to see there is no hot weather due till at least mid Aug

Posted

Omg, Paul Sherman has had 6 storms today!!! Thats IMPOSSIBLE here. Nice arc of Sferics around much of the West Mids today.

Whilst the 28th June was unforgettable, just 2 storms for 2012 as a whole is shocking given we are now nearly at August. The Easterners dont have a bloody clue still hoe relatively stormless we are.

The count is 0 for here haha :lol: considering we just had distant thunder that time, those Met Office maps were hilarious in showing just how cursed Telford is.

Posted

can't believe this! tomorrow looking a washout, supposed to come at night, instead now, tonight dry, tomorrow wet, tomorrow night dry

Posted

Had an intense hailstorm with thunder and lightning yesterday evening. also reported that some parts of Northampton lost power during the storm.

Posted

Very heavy and gusty shower screaming on through at the moment.

Posted

Much more showery than I expected today. Was going to cut the lawn but may have to leave it till late in the day or whenever the next dry day is!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Had quite a few rather heavy showers here so far today. The Solihull shower shield was definitely weaker than I thought. A few good sunny spells between the showers, too. :) Love these sunshine and shower setups, although I hate it when these showery setups go all haywire when so much low level cloud gets in the way of the convention.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted

Nothing Thundery but some real good convective skies today with very clear, defined structures though convection has eased now. Still dont understand why so often convection eases at peak time here when it doesnt for the East. However, some good thundery style downpours today so nice nonetheless.

Posted

Nothing exciting convection-wise here as usual but some lovely long spells of sunshine from 2:30pm onwards and still glorious now if a little cool with a high of 18c.

Posted

Yes a very pleasant evening with lovely blue skies had from mid afternoon onwards. :)

Posted

Grim and drizzly afternoon with temperatures hovering around 17c, although not the washout I was expecting.

Thursday and Friday look like pleasant warm days with plenty of sunshine like yesterday if we dodge the showers then some good convective opportunities for the weekend.

Posted

Indeed, quite dull out there now but no where near as much rain as expected with some good brightness and a little sun till not long ago!

Posted

Oh Edit: Obviously a sunny day Thursday and Friday was to much and the charts now downgrading to grimness :lol: shock horror.