Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Sod all here in thunderless Telford just boring rain and looking at the rain today radar once this has gone over there is nothing else on offer, its all to the east of here.

Edited by Shane Wheeldon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow

All past over here in Aldridge, but someone close must have taken a hit. Heard the click of the lightening which knocked broadband ane telephone out momentarily. Glad I had disconnected laptop.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thunderstorm passing to my east, quite active....clearer to the sw into mid and south wales which contrary to an earlier post is good news with plenty of insolation as the trigger for all the energy and lift available...the earlier NMM outputs shows surface convergence passing into our region this afternoon and well into the night...could be very interesting to see what happens in the next few hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Amazing thunderstorm here in Bloxwich! Constant thunder and lightning even though it wasn't a direct hit, it was still awesome. Hoping for more soon

Posted

Another few cracks of thunder here, don't know whether it's a storm or just a thundery shower, either way, happy days

Posted

Heads up...could be some activity from the west heading in during the next hour or two. Looks patchy though but some heavy cells in there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wow, the most over hyped thundery weekend here. Not saying I expect a storm but for the West Midlands region apart from parts of the far east and North of this region, its been a dry, sunny and warm one where about 60% of the country has seen something.

Lets hope we bask in hotter temperatures next week then the rest then. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Watch that stuff to the West die out. One, because of the hills and 2) we will soon loose insolation. Unless Nocturnal cooling plays a part its game over. Not that it looks that threatening to the West anyway.

Posted

Very intense cell popped up to the South West of here, no thunder or lightning though as of yet and kind of hard to tell which direction its going to go.

Posted

Im in Ludlow sy8, bang in middle of two storms I funk, very black to the south and black to north hope they join togeather and I get my first storm of the weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wow, the most over hyped thundery weekend here. Not saying I expect a storm but for the West Midlands region apart from parts of the far east and North of this region, its been a dry, sunny and warm one where about 60% of the country has seen something.

Lets hope we bask in hotter temperatures next week then the rest then. biggrin.png

That's a sily thing to post Luke I'm afraid...There's been plenty of storms around, and lots of nasty flooding.....indeed it's thundering again to my east (that's 3 in 2 days) so I think your post is from a very IMBY perspective!

Posted

Just had another crack of thunder from something to my west, i'm rubbish because i can't tell which direction i'm facing lol. Trying to play with the big boys here and am failing miserably lol, oh well no gold for me!

Posted

Just had another crack of thunder from something to my west, i'm rubbish because i can't tell which direction i'm facing lol. Trying to play with the big boys here and am failing miserably lol, oh well no gold for me!

I heard that too!...lots of convection occuring here, with towers going up all over the place...we're right in the middle of an area of surface convergence which is adding extra forcing

as Gord posted, eyes down to the SW...Active storm to the west of Worcester heading NEwards

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Reports of a power cuts in Brownhills, apparently Walsall Council forgot to put 50p in the metre again.

Posted

I heard that too!...lots of convection occuring here, with towers going up all over the place...we're right in the middle of an area of surface convergence which is adding extra forcing

as Gord posted, eyes down to the SW...Active storm to the west of Worcester heading NEwards

I can't tell where anything is coming from anymore lol, the sky is just a mess with bubbly convective cloud with patches of blue. It's been a good day though hasn't it?

Posted

That's a sily thing to post Luke I'm afraid...There's been plenty of storms around, and lots of nasty flooding.....indeed it's thundering again to my east (that's 3 in 2 days) so I think your post is from a very IMBY perspective!

To be fair I did say for the North and East of our region there has been storms which you are but for us generally in the South and West of the region its been very isolated and plenty of dry gaps. East of birmingham or North of about Wolverhampton its been fun like you have had but for the rest of us, Zilch , probably for reasons as Weather09 describes.

I did say I dont Expect a storm but the last 2 days have never got going for us in this Southern half of the region really. We havent even had a proper pulse storm here this year. 28th June was the only proper one. Pulse type storms just dont work here.

Its very easy for those who have had storms to say im IMBY etc but its real frustrating here, more so that WREXHAM now has had more than us, in just 2 days!!! :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Just look at that storm just fire North of Walsall/Wolverhampton etc. Its been the same story all the time. And of course that band to the West moving more Eastwards, perhaps ENE has the weakest part with our name on it. That Worcester cell wont get here.

Posted

Oh SHOCK horror nothing but a bit of drizzle and no thunder again, unbelievable, Telford really has to be the weatherless capital of the world.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Oh SHOCK horror nothing but a bit of drizzle and no thunder again, unbelievable, Telford really has to be the weatherless capital of the world.

You beat me to it conor. I thought we was gonna finally get a storm but alas the shield kicks in! Even Wrexham managed to get a storm this weekend lol!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Location birmingham aston 2mins away from villa park. Anything for us here in brum this evening? Guys. Earllyer 1flash of lightning and a few rombles of thunder with a bit of rain, the thunder sounded far but closer then yesterday.

Posted

Yep, dry gap now in cue for our area from the West. Game over. Now for a top up tan and some BBQ's next week. :D

Posted

Very dark but very quiet black cloud about to come overhead. The way these things have suddenly been bursting into life this weekend, I wouldn't say it is over just yet. Still some small cells that may have potential to the west of us. I think we are going to miss out but I would never say never in these set ups.

Posted

Sadly still nothing noteworthy here. Grey featureless cloud. At least missing all the showers pretty much will keep rainfall totals down. So far a warm and sunny start to August here and next week even better. Could be the best August for many years here. At least the breakdown following the next settled spell may give storms from SEly winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

had a few rumbles earlier today, perhaps not as many as yesterday, now just cloudy with decayed anvils spread across and currently dry warm and windless

Posted

Quite dark here, even a bit of a wall cloud seen but still zilch despite a nearby sferic on blitzortung.