Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted

Yep, as I expected, nothing exciting however there are a few sferics on the South coast.

This weekend is so up in the air. Meto goes for a boring weekend of light showers and 21c whilst the GFS we wouldnt be far off 27-30c. Hope the GFS is right but of course there is that feeling it wont be.

Both the GFS and Meto are a cloud fest here unless a miracle can happen and the weather front ends up much furth west.

Attriocious conditions today, incredibly close and muggy but nothing exciting happening whatsoever.

Posted

Just had 10 minute monsoon at Keele. Very dark sky torrential rain no thunder. At work facing away from window. Bah!

Ian

Posted

Shock horror things now exploding as they hit the East Mids and Northern England nea.gif

Did have some heavy downpours here but no thunder, no lightning, no hail and overall blah as always.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Well that was... erm whats the word im looking for ... EXPECTED!! i give up living in Telford i think we are never gonna get a storm here a bit of heavy rain but without thunder or lightning its just meh!!

Posted

Weird afternoon, the power went out when it went really dark..it went about 9pm dark here and torrential rain, and I was sure there was going to be a big boom but nothing happened. Only just got the power back. Weird.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just had 10 minute monsoon at Keele. Very dark sky torrential rain no thunder. At work facing away from window. Bah!

Ian

Ian from Keele? not Ian Brown are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Well all i've had is rain, all day, no thunder or lightning from where i've been.

Posted

I really must stop getting my hopes up time and time again. Oh well I don't think this event compared to June 28th 2012. I think there was over a thousand strikes that day around the Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

We had torrential rain and 23mm of rain in West Malvern, no thunder/lightning but it was very, very wet for a couple of hours.

Posted

We had torrential rain and 23mm of rain in West Malvern, no thunder/lightning but it was very, very wet for a couple of hours.

Daventry was the same about 3-4pm. Water flowing down the High St !!

Posted

Well all i've had is rain, all day, no thunder or lightning from where i've been.

oi you dont be ungreatful! You got storms on the 4/5th of aug! a quick note, today is the first time ive seen hevay rain since june 28th.... Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

An utterly attrocious day here whilst shock horror the South East is bathing in hot summer, the nails just keep on firing into this coffin of a summer, 23c forecast tommorow and sunday is useless with dark grey skies and showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I feel a bit sorry for the folk queuing up on the A5 on their way to the V-fest at Weston Park...hope they brought their waterproof macs and welly boots...lol

Posted

I've been there the past 3 years so im relieved I opted out this year now :lol:

Absolutely pouring out there, Sunday looks interesting from a convective point of view but considering fireworks have failed to ignite everytime this year im fairly certain it will turn into another damp squib.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

good the rain's arrived now! tomorrow looks like 29°C and sunny (yuk) then sunday rain as usual, but hopefully arriving after 5pm

Posted

I highly doubt the 29c and sunshine will be anywhere remotely near us :lol:

22-24c with broken cloud and a few showers seems more likely..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No heat for us but very nice in any sun nonetheless. Looks like some sun will appear tomorrow afternoon onwards. Sunday might begin well too but perhaps clouding over with possible showers/storms.

Posted

Miserable and grey here whilst the South East bathes in hot sunshine, to add to the misery shock horror tommorow's storm risk has vanished and moved further south east with plain rain and grey skies yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Already 30c in Headcorn!!! Bright but only about 22c here.

Posted

So different in such a short distance right now from west to east...another indication of how finely balanced the weather can be. I'm not fussed about missing out on that heat, 20-22C is just fine for me, pleasant...it would be nice to have some sun though. It is muggy but there is a breeze today so depite the patchy rain, I don't think it actually feels too bad.

Posted

Lovely warm evening now at 24c. Now to go and spend the evening outside. :)

Posted

Yes turned pleasant from just after 3pm onwards yesterday with good sunny spells and 23.4c as the high.

Back to attrociously dark grey skies today and as usual things will go bang for the East Mids with plain light rain here, grrr another stormless summer it is then.

Posted

Indeed, yesterday evening was fantastic...if still a bit muggy. Doesn't matter to me if it doesn't get hot like it did in the south-east, it was a beautiful evening and that's all I was looking for.

Today has just been grey and muggy so far. Any chance of it clearing and getting another lovely late afternoon/evening? Probably not looking at forecasts and the radar!

Edited by Gord