Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted

I never really pay attention to the forecasts when it is this close, I just nowcast and see what happens.

Edited by Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Well, 5.45 a.m. the rain started here in earnest. Let's see how much we get this time.

Posted

We had a big burst of rain starting at 3.10 this morning, with thunder and lightening. Torrential rain, and flooding around the house, so I'm not feeling very confident about today right now. Raining moderately here now.

Posted

Not torrential, no, moderate is what I'd call it right now. We're closed in with hill fog, but that's the way it usually is on the Malvern Hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The main rain band doesnt look too intense. Unless it rapidly intensifies then we actually wont see much today after all the fuss!

Posted

The main rain band doesnt look too intense. Unless it rapidly intensifies then we actually wont see much today after all the fuss!

We've already had 20mm here from the thunderstrom overnight, so we've already had half our forecasted quota!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

We've already had 20mm here from the thunderstrom overnight, so we've already had half our forecasted quota!

Fair enough, however lightning detectors say you were pretty lucky/unlucky however ever you view it to have the storm you had. Just light and dynamic rainfall here.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

NMM 18z looks to give the Midlands a real downpour tomorrow. NMM up till now mostly sent the heaviest rain up North but looks to have fallen in line with the others. Central and North Midlands (Both East and West Regions) could see big totals tomorrow and severe flooding. 20th July 2007 almost all over again.

Sat 21st was worse here, torrential all day, but 20th was wet

Posted

We went to light rain for about an hour or so here, but in the past half hour it's become heavy. The rain appears to be intensifying across a large part of the Midlands and Northern England, as well as Wales.

Posted

I've noticed the radar doesn't show it as really heavy rain but it has been quite heavy here.

Posted

been quite heavy here, but the radar suggests nothing on the scale of yesterdays forecasts. id say weve had about 9/10mm of rain going by local reports since midnight. perhaps a similar amount to come before it fizzles out this afternoon. actually scrap that, most of it has passed now

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It hasn't been too bad here. Heavy rain in the early hours that woke me up but then it settled to light rain and has been pretty light all morning with occasional heavier bursts but nothing like what I expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The models never really got a hold on this event, poor show by them all. Even so, the radar hardly shows torrential rain, just looks like a bog standard wet day to me.

Posted

After experiencing real torrential rain back in 2007 (and that was quite something, the rain was washing off the surrounding fields, as we lived in a farming area, and was washing down roads and into anyone's house that was in a vulnerable low place), today's rain definitely isn't that, but it is having a fair few heavy bursts, one again right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Was the amber warning really needded for the midlands, i don't think so.

Posted

Looks like persisting here longer this afternoon than expected, but otherwise very much as forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Was the amber warning really needded for the midlands, i don't think so.

within the next hour, the marina road I am working at near Sileby will become submerged and I have loosened the ropes on several boats which were tied too tight and had started to be tilted alarmingly.

The River Soar has risen 28" since 6am on this stretch, and that after no rain at all yesterday.

Whilst there were some very heavy bursts early this morning, the rain/and drizzle has not seemed that heavy, however, it has been constant and drenching, with another few hours to come.

Posted

After experiencing real torrential rain back in 2007 (and that was quite something, the rain was washing off the surrounding fields, as we lived in a farming area, and was washing down roads and into anyone's house that was in a vulnerable low place), today's rain definitely isn't that, but it is having a fair few heavy bursts, one again right now.

Well today's rain was never forecast to be anything more than what we've had. Even further north where there's an amber warning for travel disruption and possible flash flooding in areas which have seen much more rain than us in recent weeks, it wasn't expected to be like 2007.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well today's rain was never forecast to be anything more than what we've had. Even further north where there's an amber warning for travel disruption and possible flash flooding in areas which have seen much more rain than us in recent weeks, it wasn't expected to be like 2007.

The NMM at one stage predicted 70mm around these parts, as I said earlier, no model seemed to ever get a grip on where this was going to hit worst.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well that's predicting rainfall amounts and areas affected for you, the potential was/ is there for disruption and flooding so I feel the warnings are justified, in any case there is time for developments for the worse.

Posted

A near static band of rain which is gradually getting heavier, seems to be developing over the south Midlands, while parts of Lincolnshire have had almost 2 inches from this event already.