The North Of England Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

And here's NAE

12072318_2218.gif

12072418_2218.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

And here's NAE

12072318_2218.gif

12072418_2218.gif

Perhaps an indicator that the front may not give as much cloud to SW NW England as first though?

I certainly bloody hope so! :lol:

Posted

I think the front is being overplayed. Cheshire especially looks rather warm and sunny. It may well sit over the far north of England. Cloud cover charts from the GFS show cloud cover in southern Northern England largely between 0% and 30%.. all to play for.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Northern parts of northern England looking to get a raw deal this week, especially around the Scottish borders. I am hoping that Bradford/Halifax is just on the right side of it. Yesterday was really nice with temperatures around 21-22c and wall to wall sunshine.

A bit cloudy this morning but it is only 7am so plenty of time for cloud to break, and if it does it could be a very warm day with temps approaching 25c.

Posted

Wow, what a beautiful day! Just woke up, it's 22.2C and there's not a cloud in the sky!

Was NOT expecting this! Get in! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

15c, overcast, windy and looks like it will rain soon, expecting atleast another 2 days of this bad.gif

Posted

1st proper day of the school hols. All the press raving about the arrival of summer, open the curtains this morning 100% cloud cover. Have to admit its worse up here in S Cumbria than at home in Preston, but it is once again sickening to see the majority of England bathed in sunshine with us from say Wigan N plagued by cloud and drizzle.

Have not looked at the forecast for the week yet, been at the Open golf for the past week on marshalling duty - the predictions issued for that were somewhat wide of the mark as well.

I just hope we see some kind of an improvement as the summer goes on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

the meto have sunny and 19c for me on Wednesday!

Posted

Been overcast here now for an hour, just at peak heating time too. Bloody great, I hate living in the North in Summer. :@

Posted

23.3C.

Posted

i hate living in the north for weather altogether, very little snow, very little warmth, very little sun, no thunderstorms, the only interesting weather we get is severe gales

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted

i hate living in the north for weather altogether, very little snow, very little warmth, very little sun, no thunderstorms, the only interesting weather we get is severe gales

Where I live we don't even get the gales.

I can't wait to move down south.

Perhaps a move to the N York Moors would be in order. The cool coastal climate of West Cumbria will rarely fill the weather requirements you desire.

Edited by Teesdale

Posted

It does sometimes seem we are in the 'south' even though more or less due east of Penrith.

It's a bit dull today but warm and breezy and hope to bale hay later.

It does sometimes seem we are in the 'south' even though more or less due east of Penrith.

It's a bit dull today but warm and breezy and hope to bale hay later.

You do appear to have a great climate over there in the N York Moors, excellent amounts of snow, thunderstorms and far enough east to miss out of the prevailing wet weather from the West esp in Winter.

Posted

I suppose there may be one consolation for those who like a cold winter, at least the SST's wont be going beserk under constant cloud and rain. Then again, its odds on, the almost perfect winter set up we have been enduring for the start of the summer will change when we finally enter the "winter season" Just looked in the model thread, and it seems like a return to square one after the sun (ha ha) of this week.

Could do with a bit of rain at the Oval at the moment. Good innings from Mr Extras though he's second highest scorer up to now.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted

NAE upgrades the warmth potential tomorrow, somewhat at odds with the Met Office, they are forecasting 25C and cloudy for here.

12072418_2312.gif

Posted

NAE upgrades the warmth potential tomorrow, somewhat at odds with the Met Office, they are forecasting 25C and cloudy for here.

Previous NAE runs were going for 24/25.c though. Considering the Met Office five day forecast updates in the early morning (?) I would expect there next update sometime either during the afternoon or tomorrow morning to reflect the changes (presuming they use the NAE for 5 day forecasts).

Posted

We're right on the boundary between the clear skies and thicker cloud, so have had partly cloudy weather with long spells of sunshine.

Rather warm with a max temp of 26.1C. Tomorrow looks like it might be similar, but Wednesday could be pretty cloudy across all of Northern England.

Posted

Mostly sunny in Manchester today, but more cloud in Oldham after driving home from work. Still the sun is popping through the clouds every now and again. Feeling warm but nice breeze.

Posted

Previous NAE runs were going for 24/25.c though. Considering the Met Office five day forecast updates in the early morning (?) I would expect there next update sometime either during the afternoon or tomorrow morning to reflect the changes (presuming they use the NAE for 5 day forecasts).

Met now forecasting sunny and 26C. Skies largely clear now.

Posted

We're right on the boundary between the clear skies and thicker cloud, so have had partly cloudy weather with long spells of sunshine.

Rather warm with a max temp of 26.1C. Tomorrow looks like it might be similar, but Wednesday could be pretty cloudy across all of Northern England.

Similar conditons here, sunny for most of the day with scattered cloud. Looking at the radar this part of Leeds was in a hole of clear skies Which helped rise temperatures to 25.c. Tommorow looks decent, Wednesday looks overcast, although if the front weekend considerably into just the odd patchy light rain like forecast we may see the cloud burning away by early afternoon.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

Similar conditons here, sunny for most of the day with scattered cloud. Looking at the radar this part of Leeds was in a hole of clear skies Which helped rise temperatures to 25.c. Tommorow looks decent, Wednesday looks overcast, although if the front weekend considerably into just the odd patchy light rain like forecast we may see the cloud burning away by early afternoon.

Edited by Pharaoh Clutchstraw