Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 5th July 2012>

Posted

Bury is only about 17 miles north east from here

did you get any from that line of storms yesterday, they suddenly lost their thunder on approaching my area, saw and heard nothing but the rain was still torrential

I am expecting the same to happen

Not heard anything else since, seems to be just slightly thundery rain moving through. Rain is steady, but not torrential. Yesterday, I was working but no one I knew heard anything thundery, just a lot of rain again yesterday evening.

Edited by Dazmaster75

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I could hear the storm up the coast this morning rumbling away while I was half comatosed, and then the rain started which woke me up completely. Really torrential was a surprise to be honest as the local forecast last night played down the chances I thought.

Posted

Stuff in the channel seems interesting for the South coast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Morning. Torrential rain here at the moment.

Posted

Stuff in the channel seems interesting for the South coast?

Lol

No-one from the South even bothers with it anymore,same old same old, will get towards the coast and just dissipate like the last 10 years.

Shame really would have been interesting in the 1980's when we got huge Storms for 6 hours in the summer coming up from France, the forum would have been in Meltdown!

Posted

I live in Ludlow but working in craven arms, and the band is pepping up a lot now to our east so maybe some storms approaching ???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Nothing like that intense just a few miles away, although couldn't see the lightning for the fog. But to be honest the rain was nothing unusual here, just ordinary heavy rain. Very dark out there now, i wonder if there will be anymore?

It certainly looks like it albeit not as heavy and I doubt we'll see anymore lightning, not untill later at least. There's a heavy shower heading straight for you now but no lightning.. Edited by Hodr

Posted

Lol

No-one from the South even bothers with it anymore,same old same old, will get towards the coast and just dissipate like the last 10 years.

Shame really would have been interesting in the 1980's when we got huge Storms for 6 hours in the summer coming up from France, the forum would have been in Meltdown!

Oops maybe I jinxed it >.<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Lol

A sferic has recently been shown within that mass Paul, please don't lose all your faith.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Heavy rain now and looking at the V6 radar and wind directions etc, we are in for a pounding if the area of ppn around S. Manchester maintains its direction and energy.....

You've got some pretty intense rainfall heading your way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Raining quite heavy here atm, such a shame we lost the sferics as this moved in from the east. Loved to have been woken by a thunderstorm :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Heavy rain here, still havent seen lightning this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Heavy rain here...but nowhere near as bad as earlier on. Saw two flashes of lightning not long after midnight last night, very distant thunder...nowt since though. Grrr!

There will be those who adhere to the MetO definition, who will say I got a thunderstorm. To which my one word response is - Clue : It rhymes with rollocks.

Edited by No thunder here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

The rain has been non stop here for some time 9Way before dawn), and although its only been moderate in intensity, its the time this will be falling for (and over the welsh mountains) that will be the story around here over the next few days, as we start to see floods coming down the Severn. Looks like many hours of it ahead looking at places to the east...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Heavy rain here...but nowhere near as bad as earlier on. Saw two flashes of lightning not long after midnight last night, very distant thunder...nowt since though. Grrr!

There will be those who adhere to the MetO definition, who will say I got a thunderstorm. To which my one word response is - Clue : It rhymes with rollocks.

Pollocks? http://www.southeastseafood.co.uk/upload/pollock.jpg blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I don't think there will be anymore TL activity now across N England as the parameters that were in place are now dropping away.

Further south, however, is a different story. Could be some thunderstorms this afternoon across most southern areas (see CAPE charts below)

post-2719-0-65327700-1341565866_thumb.pn

And this goes along with a steepening of lapse rates.

post-2719-0-87081300-1341565952_thumb.pn

Then a more widespread risk again tomorrow of showers and pulse thunderstorms.

Edited by Supacell

Posted

A sferic has recently been shown within that mass Paul, please don't lose all your faith.

gottolovethisweather

Ok will do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osuifv6G2xk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

We had lots of thunder and lightning earlier!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I'm back up home now in County Durham, and I've just been woken up by very loud thunder and the sound of torrential rain. I wasn't expecting that!

I think I missed most of it, I only heard the last rumble but it was very loud and long.

That's got to be the best way of being woken up possible.

Birzarre that the North East managed to get thunderstorms from a rain belt coming straight across that long expanse of North Sea (and again after I moved away from the area) though this time around it's probably fair to say that I haven't missed a huge amount, unlike the 28th June!

My favourite instances of being woken up were on 29th December 2000 and 22nd December 2003. The 2000 one had a loud clap of thunder accompanying heavy snowfall, while the 22nd December 2003 one followed projections of snow showers staying stuck offshore, only to wake up to snow cover and a cumulonimbus cell just off the coast periodically lighting up with muffled thunder. It's one thing to be woken up by thunder or a snowstorm, but both was pretty special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Whilst all you guys n girls get storms and rain, I must say its a really nice moring here in North Bristol. Its muggy and the sun has been making an appearence. I am still clutching onto something thundery however.

Posted

Yes the stuff for the south Looks good..But I can't see where it is going to go with 2 low pressure systems infulcing its movements..The surface winds on the model show a direct northward movement and then west with the are over the Midlands..I can't see that happening though :/

The stuff in the channel appears to be rotating around a centre point located in the channel south of Plymouth. Looks like the cells are tracking NW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Light rain started here before 8, its now raining moderately, seems to be getting heavier as the morning goes on, NO TL though :-(

Posted

Lol

Don't I know about that aha! good.gif

Posted

Hmmmm a bit of rain coming but can it produce something more???? :unsure:

post-6667-0-09752600-1341566892_thumb.pn