Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 5th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Eerily calm here now lol Thank god, I don't mind if I aint driving in it!

Posted

Thunder and lightening near Ludlow overnight with torrential rain. Local flooding. Raining moderately now.

Posted

Enjoy people anyone suggest some cams to look at pls?? from a Storm starved southerner smile.png

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Woken here in Saltburn in the last few minutes by a huge rumble of thunder. Storm has reached us although it seems to have calmed slightly in the last few minutes.

Yeah I could here thunder here although think it was further up the coast towards Northumberland. Whats it like down there now?

Enjoy people anyone suggest some cams to look at pls?? from a Storm starved southerner smile.png

Morning! The main electrification appears to be more northerly over the open spaces (you could look for a Morpeth cam) but you could search for a Middlesbrough cam just incase the blob further south to me makes it across Middlesbrough electrified?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

loud boom of thunder here a few minutes ago

Posted

Yeah I could here thunder here although think it was further up the coast towards Northumberland. Whats it like down there now?

Morning! The main electrification appears to be more northerly over the open spaces (you could look for a Morpeth cam) but you could search for a Middlesbrough cam just incase the blob further south to me makes it across Middlesbrough electrified?

Thanks, A list here http://www.webcamgal...ace-509475.html if they are working. Edit, or live :(

Edited by Biggin

Posted

The storm didn't last long but is seemingly intensifying again. No thunder heard for the last 20 mins or so but its very grey and misty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Rain gauge currently on 18mm after last nights storm!!,still raining now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Warm and bright here this morning, 16.1c atm. The heaviaest PPN is actually falling over NE England and SE Scotland currently with a batch of very heavy stuff heading for the Humber and around that area from the North Sea.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

How the hell did the north east get thunderstorms from the same band??? it was warmer/muggier here as we were closer to the continent :( :(

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Not a lot happening here biggest threat so far was the early morning fog which is now lifting. Plenty of activity to the east it's just a question whether it will survives the journey here or not. Local forecast shows it moving through pretty quickly so if we're going to get the rumored amounts you're looking at 25 mm an hour which will be interesting.

Posted

Ok the world is your oyster, go to Google maps, focus on England, top right hand side is a Web Cam overlay on a drop down menu.

Posted

If you play the radar loop back, the showers over NE England developed just off shore and exploded as the energy made landfall. Please send them this way smile.png

Wasn't really expecting most of the action to be across the North, maybe I will be lucky today.....

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm back up home now in County Durham, and I've just been woken up by very loud thunder and the sound of torrential rain. I wasn't expecting that!

I think I missed most of it, I only heard the last rumble but it was very loud and long.

That's got to be the best way of being woken up possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Whilst some storms for the North, the main rain band looks no where near as intense for the Midlands and tbh, looks as if it will clear with not too much rainfall. Good!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Strikes detected so far today, the action seems to be from a line north of the Humber straight across.

post-9615-0-24268500-1341556295_thumb.pn post-9615-0-01528200-1341556463_thumb.pn Very havy ppn moving westwards across N England.

Looks like some rotation on the radar to the NE of East Anglia?

Edited by Liam J

Posted

It's really bad here at the moment with constant torrential rain.Already 47mm of rain since yesterday morning.

Posted

It's really bad here at the moment with constant torrential rain.Already 47mm of rain since yesterday morning.

Hope you've got good drainage!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Near constant thunder woke me up this morning. Not looking forward to the trip to work with reports of the main road into town closed due to downed power lines on the news... :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

more thunder here, albeit more distant. gorky are you in scarboro? (mobile netweather doesnt show locations)

Posted

its come over really dark here in Leeds, drizzly at the moment but the carpark lights have come back on at work. Nightshift finishes at 8 then I have a drive home on the motorway.

Posted

For those of us West of the Pennies we will wait and see how this lot holds together. The main area of rain seems to approaching E - W over the Humber at the moment. Those in the East look like they are in

for quite a soaking.