Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 5th July 2012>

Posted

Bit of Rain up here from they showers/storms that formed up here but not electrified now (was expected)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Whilst all you guys n girls get storms and rain, I must say its a really nice moring here in North Bristol. Its muggy and the sun has been making an appearence. I am still clutching onto something thundery however.

Yes, although the sun has turned rather hazy now. I don't think we will see anything today, having really got the ingredients there for it, but tomorrow looks a reasonable chance.

We should see some heavy rain however later this evening as the band currently over the north swings around to the south west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Had 9.6mm of rain between 6 and about 8:30 and thats it, stuck in a dry patch between 2 areas of heavy rain. :( not fair lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Congratulations to those of you woken up by thunder this morning. I was awoken by a pigeon cooing outside my bedroom window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Hmmmm a bit of rain coming but can it produce something more???? unsure.png

post-6667-0-09752600-1341566892_thumb.pn

Keeping a close eye on all that in the channel... Very dark clouds to my South and still feels rather humid out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Yes, although the sun has turned rather hazy now. I don't think we will see anything today, having really got the ingredients there for it, but tomorrow looks a reasonable chance.

We should see some heavy rain however later this evening as the band currently over the north swings around to the south west.

I wouldn't bet on it. I can see us staying dry all day as the low swings round & we sit in the dry slot. My faith in seeing any storms is at an all time low.

Posted

Bizzare that the North East managed to get thunderstorms from a rain belt coming straight across that long expanse of North Sea

And yet yesterday a line of storms formed over the pennnines and started to move to my area late afternoon with the suns heat still having an affect and yet they still fizzle as they get here grrrrrrr

Even people in the Cheshire void got a taster of something, and to the North Cumbria and Lancs got a bit

I am beginning to think its me , I have unintentional power to prevent thunder occurring if it tries to get anywhere within 20 miles of me rolleyes.gif

Yesterday was a good example, I even had a drive east to run into the storms as I knew they would diminish before they get here, my thinking was if you wont come to me I will come to you , but alas only got a brief downpour, saw nothing again

When I looked at the radar the part of the line that I' punctured' was just green and blue, the red 'thundery' area seem to part and most of it go more north as I was there , convinced its me nowblum.gif

apart from one distant rumble on thursaday this so called thundery spell has give me nothing, I am giving up now and putting myself in the NSC ....rant over

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Sure hope we get something decent AWD. That rain band is getting closer to us now. TBH I'd rather it stayed how it was now. acute.gif

Posted

Woken up by torrential rain this morning, was to spaced out to notice any thunder... Can anyone confirm thunder in South Tyneside this morning?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Never been a fan, sadly.

Personally, this summer weather can feel like garbage at times.

The rain is incoming darn sarf now.

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Heavy rain coming down here, this wasn't forecast??? good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Raining heavily here again 15.5 mm so far from this belt of rain. So wet but we've had a lot wetter this year and compared too 2007 just a mere puddle... So far. Radar suggests it will ease off very shortly. However it has shown me I need the guttering repairing again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

VERY heavy convective raindrops here.

Looks like its moving south and covering glos. Seems to be getting some brighter echos popping up also.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A large dry wedge between two areas of heavy rain and I'm right under it, with little prospect of improvement if the radar is anying to go by. Deeply disappointing!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wonder if this Heavy rainfall will hit South Wales, some great looking storms this morning over the Northeast coast!. Looks interesting on the south coast too

Posted

Not had much from this Rain Event thus far

Have the Met Office over hyped it with the areas covered with the Amber Warning they have given

I am in supposedly bang in the middle of the Amber Waring and must say we have had hardly nothing in rainfall totals so far, just the odd heavy burst around 8.30ish this morning. And looking at the Rain Today radar there is not much more to come.

Or is this system supposed to be pepping up as the day goes on, or arc back on itselfunknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Not had much from this Rain Event thus far

Have the Met Office over hyped it with the areas covered with the Amber Warning they have given

I am in supposedly bang in the middle of the Amber Waring and must say we have had hardly nothing in rainfall totals so far, just the odd heavy burst around 8.30ish this morning. And looking at the Rain Today radar there is not much more to come.

Or is this system supposed to be pepping up as the day goes on, or arc back on itselfunknw.gif

I was thinking the same, its only rained here for a couple of hours. Raining again now but mostly light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Woke up to massive convective raindrops this morning, very persistent too. All I'm quite bewildered at is that rain pouring out the Low Countries, at 1AM before i went to bed, it was just pouring into Ipswich and the EA coast with rain pepping up over the N sea between them regions and Holland/Belgium. How the hell did that manage to get up over that massive stretch of water and get thundery over Yorkshire :S ! Someone please elaborate !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

There was a gap in the rain appearing but it's rapidly filling in with more rain pushing in from the North Sea.. so I wouldn't write this off just yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

A large dry wedge between two areas of heavy rain and I'm right under it, with little prospect of improvement if the radar is anying to go by. Deeply disappointing!.

Dry spot seems to shrinking at the moment. Just light rain here now though. Movement seems more east to west over here now rather than ENE SSW direction. Front stalling possibly??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

morn all, for those feeling down on potential for south ,DONT ,could be very interesting later .some interesting activity with wind directions across s britain also cloud cover getting mighty peculiar . just had some mighty big spots so plenty of energy up there . im hoping it kicks of after murry semi , as would not want to lose tv reception during any storm ,regards all ,ps ,keep an eye on dorset area , l; COULD FORM HERE MAKING FOR AN INTERESTING EVENING ,IM OF VISITING REL TILL LATER TAKE CARE STAY SAFE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

VERY heavy convective raindrops here.

Looks like its moving south and covering glos. Seems to be getting some brighter echos popping up also.

Noticed them....We have some good wind convergence in this area which should help with convection along the linegood.gif

At least the greyness is taking on some definition now

Posted

Helen Willettes on BBC News just mentioned Severe storms for southern areas... is she feeling okay? rofl.gif

I have to admit though, like legritter has just stated, the satellite images are showing the clouds become more elevated in the past hour and the wind convergence and cape levels are quite favourable for once!

Posted

quite unfair TM-you are welcome to my back garden rainfall-the main pool is getting close to overflowing which should be interesting if it does with around 25 guests due tomorrow evening. In over 20 years I have NEVER had to cram them all into my smallish house so fingers crossed both for it being dry and not a back garden more like a swimming pool!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Helen Willettes on BBC News just mentioned Severe storms for southern areas... is she feeling okay? rofl.gif

I have to admit though, like legritter has just stated, the satellite images are showing the clouds become more elevated in the past hour and the wind convergence and cape levels are quite favourable for once!

She may be on the ball..

Theres eom very sharp showers popping up now. This arvo could get very interesting!

I just wish that radar station would sort itself out. Its making the radar look horrible!

Edited by Lynxus