Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 7th July 2012>

Coast

Posted

I can assure you that this part of Lincolnshire doesnt get that many thunderstorms or that much in the way of snow. Southern Lincolnshire on the other hand...

Yes not many storms here in recent years, but as far as snow goes my area has been one of the best locations in the last 2 or 3 years with very deep snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I experienced one of the fiercest storms I have EVER known in Lincs. Gedney, Spalding 30th May 1969. it was amazing. A house was struck by lightning just over the fields from us. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Sferics just south of Milton Keynes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Some very nice convective activity out there around me now. The trend is from SE to NW, although winds are all over the place tbh. Think i can see a decent, promising looking trouble maker developing over towards Norfolk/Suffolk area that could move up here. Im hoping for a cracker.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Cbs going up to the north and west, a few strikes in west norfolk , lincs and yorks is in with a chance later today.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Nice and sunny here no real convection kicking off however radar shows heavy showers on the way. Since the Sheffield shield hiccuped the other day it's probably in full shred mode today.

Out and about saw some idiots accidentally trying to drown their large dog in the swollen but not flooding River Dove. It did get out eventually but could have been swept away if the owners had chucked the stick in a faster flowing section. A bit of convection taking place in the peak district but at that time no showers. Didn't come across any flooded roads or signs of major flooding.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Storm brewing around MK at the minute, just had torrential rain, droplets the size of 5 pence pieces, eased of a little but hearing sporadic rumbles of thunder for 5 mins or so, seen 3 CC flashes as well.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted

Some very nice convective activity out there around me now. The trend is from SE to NW, although winds are all over the place tbh. Think i can see a decent, promising looking trouble maker developing over towards Norfolk/Suffolk area that could move up here. Im hoping for a cracker.

storm motion would be N or NNW in east anglia. Edited by Sprites

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Crosby and Walney island currently the 2 warmest playces in the UK at 20.1 C on the metoffice syte as of 1230. You don't see that very often, but an offshore wind really helps.

Cloud building here and feeling very warm and much more humid than before.

Posted

I can see the storm near M.keynes ,the radio is crackling every 30 secs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Just reporting on our storm in LB (just south of MK!)

Pretty good...30 mins of v. Heavy rain, some decent hail and two big lots of thunder and lightning. A storm at last!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

I think my area has to be up there for snow. Since moving from Derby i have been very impressed with the ferocity of some of the blizzards here in the winter. April 4th this year was one to remember here with around a foot of snow in about 5 hours!! Although in the centre of Bradford there were just some slushy deposits.

I used to live up Mountain in Queensbury and can vouch for this. The snow drifts can be 10ft+ some winters and 3 years ago snow and ice was on the ground for nearly 3 months. We certainly don't miss out on the snow up here but last winter we did which was very unusual.

About today, I think we might have a good chance around 5pm onwards for some maybe weak storms like the other day.

Edited by Hodr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Heavy showers heading this way.. not electrical though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Things are really kicking off now but I am not going far today as last time I did there was a storm at home, so I am going to stay put and hope something can come to me.

Posted

five or six rumbles, torrential rain and it's moved off towards silverstone, just in time for the qualifying shootout. should be fun to watch. just left with moderate rain falling from mid level cumulus now. over before the fat lady even got singing. sorry.gif

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Those heavy showers over Silverstone on course for Coventry after the ones that are ahead of it that is:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

GP qualifying just red flagged

Spherics to our SE and building....Come to daddy just make sure you come to the North of my location

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

I used to live up Mountain in Queensbury and can vouch for this. The snow drifts can be 10ft+ some winters and 3 years ago snow and ice was on the ground for nearly 3 months. We certainly don't miss out on the snow up here but last winter we did which was very unusual.

About today, I think we might have a good chance around 5pm onwards for some maybe weak storms like the other day.

If that storm near Lincoln continues on its same direction and doesn't fall apart it should hit us, but steering winds are NNW to NW to W as they rotate around the LP centre, so they could just go south of us into Huddersfield area. I'm keeping a close watch :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Storms over Lincolnshire now have electrical activity. This is the best direction because there's no pesky Pennines to shred the convection..

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

A lot more strike being detected. I hope these 2 cells over Lincolnshire can intensify a little cause they are heading right for us. I'm a little more confident to see something within a few hours now.

Edited by Hodr

Posted

Another arc of cells building to the south & south east of MK at the minute gaining strength, think they may merge to form another storm looking at them, well defined convection with high tops.

Posted

A lot more strike being detected. I hope these 2 cells over Lincolnshire can intensify a little cause they are heading right for us. I'm a little more confident to see something within a few hours now.

The one to the SE of me is looking quite menacing, but the one that is just to the SE of Lincoln is looking very promising.

Posted

These are pulse storms so will tend to die and then reform throughout the afternoon. The cell just near Sheffield looks like it is ready to spark with some very heavy echos within it.... actually it just has - sferics detected :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Unfortunately (for me) the london area seems to be cooking up the storms for those further north to enjoy.

Early days yet and hoping for tonight too