Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 12th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

On way back to Norwich now where it looks relatively clear of rain......for now. But ultra grey along the A14 and all cars with lights on and it's raining.

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

well you never might know looking at the radar looks like heavy showers coming from wales could give us a wet evening that will make a change!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm just being a slob watching tv in all this gloom.

I don't know if I'm becoming a grumpy old git, but there are lots of adverts that irritate me now.

The ones which shout at you: Go Compare, Money Supermarket (which thinks it's epically funny, but never is to me) and worst of all the double glazing one when that northern comic shouts buy one, get one free (I've actually switched channels when that one has come on). Unfortunately I've name checked two of them, so their method has, to a degree, worked.

Then there are ones that sell (to me) a nauseating product: Wonga (does anyone find those OAP characters funny?), that no win, no fee advert with Brian Blessed's voice and that plasticine Underdog character with the annoying voice (makes me want to squash it!) - actually all the no win, no fee ads get on my nerves, where the lawyers stand with their 'hard man' poses! ("we are real lawyers!" - so (insert appropriate swear word) what!?)

Off topic, I know.wink.png I think I need to get out today, whatever the weatherbiggrin.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Here are some video clips of todays storms. Lots of rain, lightning, thunder, surface flooding.

Now, now, you're being cruel!wink.png

Posted

Is this in for the night? It was supposed to clear up I thought?

I reckon it'll be a slow petering out sort of thing.

The BBC are talking about a pretty nice day tomorrow. What's the betting it ends up mostly cloudy and cool, with the odd light shower?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye. Very cruel...The blizzard was good!

Guest archiesmummy

I reckon it'll be a slow petering out sort of thing.

The BBC are talking about a pretty nice day tomorrow. What's the betting it ends up mostly cloudy and cool, with the odd light shower?

Your advert post made me laugh! I have to agree with you tho, glad am not the only grumpy one! I do like the new go compare one with sue barker, esp the late at night one coz he doesn't get up again! Lol

It's finally stopped raining here but had already cancelled plans for tonight so slobbing in front of the telly tonight now!

Positive thoughts for dry weather tomorrow, my weather guru, john pike says so, so must be true has been spot on so far! Thanks mate! :)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Very messy out there. I was hoping for something more organised today, but too much cloud and not enough CAPE resulting in a mish mash of mush.

Posted

Your advert post made me laugh! I have to agree with you tho, glad am not the only grumpy one! I do like the new go compare one with sue barker, esp the late at night one coz he doesn't get up again! Lol

It's finally stopped raining here but had already cancelled plans for tonight so slobbing in front of the telly tonight now!

Positive thoughts for dry weather tomorrow, my weather guru, john pike says so, so must be true has been spot on so far! Thanks mate! smile.png

Yes the new ad is much better. Another couple of irritating ones came to mid too. First that one where that old (Italian?) bloke starts shouting because he's predicted the correct football score. Another (I think) is an online bingo one,where the people start making noises like they're extras in a zombie film!

That's not a forecast I made for tomorrow, just my negative thoughts. You're right though; positive thoughts only!

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Very messy out there. I was hoping for something more organised today, but too much cloud and not enough CAPE resulting in a mish mash of mush.

All too true, sadly. I've not got my own weather station, but look at a live online one in Colchester. Currently showing 14.8C. Yuk!

Posted

I realised the thunderstorms today are exactly 2 years after another round of thunderstorms, 2 years ago I filmed a clip of the

You're lucky to have seen something like that here. Did it produce any funnels / large hail etc.?

Posted

You're lucky to have seen something like that here. Did it produce any funnels / large hail etc.?

Thunderstorm, rain, hail, the winds strengthened immensely. My photos are here, but even better was the panorama Chris Hayes took at Camber Sands.

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

interesting lot coming from west north west

seem to be pepping up could give some storms

if the dry slot between lets the sun out for a couple of hours

just had heavy rain here and sky is clearing

Posted

Thunderstorm, rain, hail, the winds strengthened immensely. My photos are here, but even better was the panorama Chris Hayes took at Camber Sands.

That panoramic one was amazing. I'm guessing it was stitched, but that would take some doing! Yours very good too. I found it funny reading the thread. You certainly made a few ears prick up then, by posting them nonchalantly on this site.laugh.png

Posted

I realised the thunderstorms today are exactly 2 years after another round of thunderstorms, 2 years ago I filmed a clip of the

Can't believe that was two years ago! Last decent storm we had really round here wasn't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm just being a slob watching tv in all this gloom.

I don't know if I'm becoming a grumpy old git, but.....

Is it wine o'clock yet ?

it's gone very dark here all of a sudden, it was blue sky and sunshine a while back - I'm sure I saw a flash in the sky a few minutes ago but there is nothing on the lightening detector so it might have been laser beam from the MK bowl...the Swedish House Mafia gig is on !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Is it wine o'clock yet ?

Wine o'clock was half an hour ago for me:) More rain today, getting me down too, but took the opportunity to do some decorating indoors. Rumours of a sunny day tomorrow so will be cutting the lawn along with everyone else in the area. This lack of vit D is making people lethargic I think. Weekend aftenoons in front of the telly is the stuff of winter.

Posted

Is it wine o'clock yet ?

it's gone very dark here all of a sudden, it was blue sky and sunshine a while back - I'm sure I saw a flash in the sky a few minutes ago but there is nothing on the lightening detector so it might have been laser beam from the MK bowl...the Swedish House Mafia gig is on !

I'm going to a pub called the Bull, in Colchester, in a couple of hours. It's a live music venue. I need to go out, as I'm certain I've not moved more than 25ft from my current spot for nearly 10 hours.blush.png

I've got plenty of wine at home (in fact I've got so much alcohol, it would be a many times lethal doselaugh.png ) but I almost never drink here, unless I have guests. Probably a good thing.blush.pngbiggrin.png

Posted

Wine o'clock was half an hour ago for me:)

It would have been for me...but I was still working, making up for it now though drinks.gif

I'm going to a pub called the Bull, in Colchester, in a couple of hours. It's a live music venue. I need to go out, as I'm certain I've not moved more than 25ft from my current spot for nearly 10 hours.blush.png

If the winds in my direction from the MK bowl my back garden will be a live music venue this evening...I'm too tired to go out tonight anyway and after another glass or two will probably be asleep !

Posted

Quick question, I see on some people's signatures the word SACRA. I've tried to look up its meaning, but to no avail.

What is it? (or is it a masonic type cult thingy)blum.gif

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Quick question, I see on some people's signatures the word SACRA. I've tried to look up it's meaning, but to no avail.

What is it? (or is it a masonic type cult thingy)blum.gif

Yea, we are all really wierd crazy.gif

LOL - it's the Snow And Cold Rampers Association - I really can't believe you haven't beenbrainwashed recruited yet angel.gif