Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 16th August 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

I'm building an Ark never seen rain like this before.7 flashes of lightning and some brilliant sharp cracks of thunder!.Rain gauge has collected 9mm in just over 10 minutes!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

How do i add photos? I just want to show how im stuck between to nasty looking cells with a Cu going up right next to the one?

Try screen printing the zoomed radar into MS Paint and then saving it. Yes, you are in the middle of two big beasts, mind you, the southern cell is not producing sferics according to the radar. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

That second area made a direct hit here, for all of 10 minutes. Now we're back to the blue skies and sunshine. No thunder or lightning.

Posted

Try screen printing the zoomed radar into MS Paint and then saving it. Yes, you are in the middle of two big beasts, mind you, the southern cell is not producing sferics according to the radar. good.gif

no i have took pictures on my phone, this is unvelivable i recon 2 minutes down the road is getting pounded!

Posted

Just saw some lightning and checked the radar and there has been a few strikes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Theres a lot of cape in the North Sea tonight, would the temperature contrast between the sea and air kick any thing off? Im just wondering as I may go to the coast and look for a light show. As I cant see much happening in Grimsby later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

no i have took pictures on my phone, this is unvelivable i recon 2 minutes down the road is getting pounded!

Can't you upload them onto your PC or laptop and then transfer them across as attachments, , I find GIFs and JPEGs work best.

Yes, it is frustating being in no man's land with regard to the weather but I'm happy for others to share in the action too.

Here's a currentalmost nationwide image for all you folk out there and remember guys n gals, the flow on whole, is from West to East

post-7183-0-92556000-1345569554_thumb.gi

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot thundery summers, cold snowy winters

Thunder & lightning in Derby with heavy rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

feel a bit robbed to be honest....nice storms to my north, nice storms to my south now over birmingham, and I'm here in the middle, with naff all, apart from the kids to look after, so can't chase....very frustrating!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

just had very heavy rain and tnl here in brum. 2-3 flashes of lightning.

Posted

Thunder & lightning in Derby with heavy rain

Welcome aboard Rebecca, would you be as kind as to update your profile to show your location please. good.gif

Posted

Can't you upload them onto your PC or laptop and then transfer them across as attachments, , I find GIFs and JPEGs work best.

Yes, it is frustating being in no man's land with regard to the weather but I'm happy for others to share in the action too.

Here's a currentalmost nationwide image for all you folk out there and remember guys n gals, the flow on whole, is from West to East

post-7183-0-92556000-1345569554_thumb.gi

dont get me wrong i want other people to enjoy storms too, but ive had one moderate/heavy shower since june 28th which dosent quite cut it! heres hoping for this winter to be valdez 11/12 style!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

feel a bit robbed to be honest....nice storms to my north, nice storms to my south now over birmingham, and I'm here in the middle, with naff all, apart from the kids to look after, so can't chase....very frustrating!

It is a bit gutting i have to say, one heavy shower but to be honest i have stopped expecting thunder storms now. Been to the cinema in Walsall today, last couple of years haven't been great for storms in my neck of the woods. If it thunders it thunders, if it doesn't then it doesn't. I miss the 90s storms which used to last hours, wonder why it's changed so much now?

Posted

Been a lovely late afternoon here, clear blue skies! BBC weather showed quite a few showers tonight still.

Posted

Alot of sheet lightning and loud thunder. Though the sky is milky white not the usual darkness you associate with storms so it's not that impressive tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Still raining heavily here with 14mm in just under an hour.Thunder and lightning has faded now moving NE of here.Temperature has dropped sharply as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Alot of sheet lightning and loud thunder. Though the sky is milky white not the usual darkness you associate with storms so it's not that impressive tbh.

I'd happily take that lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Another aggrevating today for the Rugeley storm shield. 1 storm passed or 6 miles to the north, 1 passed 10 miles to the south, too distant to here any thunder. If you check the current radar there's 2 seperate storms over the north and central south midlands, my bloody house is sandwhiched between them! Terrible. I'd be in scale 10 doom moan if this was winter - look at the colours the radar is kicking out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Had it here was very heavy, but only heard one rumble of thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

post-7254-0-01614300-1345571540_thumb.jp

This little number slid SE of Pitlochry, Perthshire about 30 mins ago. Some CG and thunder. I've seen more lightning and heard more thunder in this traditionally storm-less part of the country in a week than in ten years back in Cheshire! Says a lot!

(apologies for the sensor-muck. Camera has had a tough week!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Round 2 for Scotland tomorrow?

post-12721-0-78704600-1345573205_thumb.g