Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 16th August 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Just had absolutely torrential rain here but no thunder or lightning. Sky signal has been knocked out

Hey, that's my profile pick! Lol! Google?

Posted

Hey, that's my profile pick! Lol! Google?

Lol, yep google is my friend!!! (shows we both have good taste lol)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Loud rumble of thunder to the south!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

nothing in my view... anything heading for me or?...

Its more around Stone/Uttoxeter/Stafford but does not contain any sferics. Is likely to go to my north, probably hit Ashbourne - Matlock - Chesterfield. Nothing then in the immediate future for Lichfield or Derby but there is lots of time yet. Highest instability and storm chance is 7pm for me, so probably the same for you being only 10-15 miles to my south.

Posted

Getting more interested in this line of cells to my SW now. Wasn't expecting anything here today but I'm pleasently surprised with what seems to be heading my way now.

Posted

Getting more interested in this line of cells to my SW now. Wasn't expecting anything here today but I'm pleasently surprised with what seems to be heading my way now.

Have counted six deep booms and rumbles so far from that line just clearing away to the south of here. Had a few drops of rain but looks like areas further south are getting it.

Posted

Nice crack of thunder here. Worst of the cells look like passing to my south though!

Posted

That was some rain, but the lightning core was NE of here so nothing witnessed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Can confirm a couple of rumbles in N Bristol. Although as AWD said, best of it is passing us to the South, so it looks like thats all the teaser we are going to get today.

Posted

Its more around Stone/Uttoxeter/Stafford but does not contain any sferics. Is likely to go to my north, probably hit Ashbourne - Matlock - Chesterfield. Nothing then in the immediate future for Lichfield or Derby but there is lots of time yet. Highest instability and storm chance is 7pm for me, so probably the same for you being only 10-15 miles to my south.

ahh okay then good luck to you then, however alot seems to be dying out?

Posted

Heavy, large drops of rain now. Gone very dark too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

yes my area and south of me getting the bees knees ,it seems to be heading east from here . started here aprox 3pm .had 3/4 very loud rumbles then 3 forks to my s/west ,then 5 min of intense rain plus one bolt like thunder then ten min of hvy rain ,the rain died out but thunder is still [3.39pm ]rumbling on .it seems to be intensifying at the moment as it moves away . well early this morning it looked like to me that all the action would be further n/west across the country so a very pleasant surprise , just goes to show what mother nature can throw up when elements are spot on . crikey just had one almighty crack ,this seems to have a good sting in its tail .hope plenty more get it ,regards for now legritter drinks.gif

Posted

Blimey wish I was a bit further to my N or NE today looking at the radar, seems to be forming into some kind of line and back building on the south west end. Got a lot of 'jumbled' cumulus and also some 'dieing showers' like cloud to the from the west through N to E, but it doesn't seem to be doing much although there's a dark base forming as it moves away NE typically. Had a very brief shower earlier.

Interestingly the wind recently changed from a southerly sea breeze type flow to a NW flow. Maybe it was convergence that formed that line to my north/NE. I just have to hope the stuff over Dartmoor can do something.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Heavy shower here atm no thunder or lightning though just plain old rain!!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just got woken up by the sound of thunder smile.png

It's a hard life. blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heavy shower here atm no thunder or lightning though just plain old rain!!.

I'm just near Ripley and the same here. Just waiting and hoping for it to go boom but not looking likely.

Some veary heavy showers and storms running up towards Stoke may have our name on it, although may slip just north.

Posted

My faith of Bristol and North Somerset's thundery weather is being restored this month after that. I counted 16 rumbles from what has moved north and east of here now. Very still and damp now. I wonder if anything will follow on behind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Distant rumble of thunder just heard from cell to the east

Well done you Crewe, did you see my earlier post - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74149-uk-convective-general-discussion-forecasts-16th-august-2012/page__st__600#entry2356114

Now, if only that band due 50 miles West of me can sustain itself for the next couple of hours.

Edited by gottolovethisweather