Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 30th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Hi All,

Just started here, but I have been using this site a month or so and realised it had a forum!

I do find this site pretty accurate compared to the others I have previously used. I give up with the traditional tv and radio weather. I heard on the radio just now from a station in King's Lynn (where I am) that temperatures will not rise above 13 Degrees......Funny thing was it was 17 Degrees at the time wacko.png

It's miserable here today in King's Lynn. Really hoping it will stick to not raining tomorrow as I'm getting married!

Tracy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi there. Now that's something I'd love...a flight in a hot air balloon. biggrin.png

I hope we get some really strong gales in autumn and maybe a T- storm or two for good measure. Snow would be nice but it's only fun until it turns to slush. Frigid frost of the kind where the trees are white and positively petrified would be good as well. biggrin.png

I'm training to become a Hot Air Balloon Pilot, if i ever do eventually become a pilot, i'm happy to give you a flight :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi All,

Just started here, but I have been using this site a month or so and realised it had a forum!

I do find this site pretty accurate compared to the others I have previously used. I give up with the traditional tv and radio weather. I heard on the radio just now from a station in King's Lynn (where I am) that temperatures will not rise above 13 Degrees......Funny thing was it was 17 Degrees at the time wacko.png

It's miserable here today in King's Lynn. Really hoping it will stick to not raining tomorrow as I'm getting married!

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Welcome to the forum and all the very best wishes for tomorrow angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Welcome Tracy,

We are a friendly bunch herebiggrin.png

Good luck for your wedding too.

Posted

Hi All,

Hi Tracy and welcome to NW and this SE/EA thread.

The first few years I was here I didn't even realise it was a weather forum......... nea.gif

Posted

Saturday looks quite pleasant, well any day is when your drinking beer drinks.gif

post-6667-0-58609100-1347458648_thumb.pn

http://www.netweathe...action=uk7dayx2

Thanks Coast.

The venue looks excellent too - I've previously walked past it - and Coggeshall is a picturesque little town as well.

Posted

Look forward to spending the coming months on here with you all!

Welcome back here Mark, I've really enjoyed looking at your pictures on facebook good.gif

I missed the Northampton balloon festival this year !

Now that's something I'd love...a flight in a hot air balloon. biggrin.png

Me too...... so get to the back of the line blum.gif

Posted

Clouding over here. I guess light rain soon to follow.

Posted

Clouding over here. I guess light rain soon to follow.

It's been cloudy here for a while but stayed dry so far !

Guest archiesmummy

Yep been cloudy here too but sun breaking thru every now and then, certainly doesn't look like rain, not yet anyway!

I love it when starts turning autumnal on here, the cold lovers come back, Mark, and there are the subtle hints of ramping already what with john last night! Before we know it we will be split into the smaller winter groups!....ok running ahead of myself there!

Welcome Tracy and good luck for tomorrow!

Posted

I love it when starts turning autumnal on here,the cold lovers come back, Mark, and there are the subtle hints of ramping already what with john last night! Before we know it we will be split into the smaller winter groups!....ok running ahead of myself there!

yes, I'd noticed the odd little one starting to appear here and there....

post-10773-0-49896400-1347465298_thumb.j

.. .. I can't wait for the big 'rampers' to return pardon.gif

Posted

I don't want to wish any remaining warmer weather away as I feel I've been doubly robbed this year with little sunshine and no thunderstorms. I'm normally one of the biggest snow rampers here, but this year I want to get the last bit of warmth squeezed out before contemplating any white weather.

Guest archiesmummy

yes, I'd noticed the odd little one starting to appear here and there....

post-10773-0-49896400-1347465298_thumb.j

.. .. I can't wait for the big 'rampers' to return pardon.gif

Yes, now what was his name, began with a Y, sounded like ramkin...no escapes me!

:o

Posted

Does it mean people who exaggerate the effects of a likely cold spell?huh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It seems really bitter herecold.gif , but that may be because I spent the last week in temps in the thirties.

Guest archiesmummy

Does it mean people who exaggerate the effects of a likely cold spell?huh.png

Sometimes but I see it more as getting people excited and well informed of coming snow, sometimes it gets out of hand but in such a good way!

Some of the rampers are excellent forecasters. Including ,John and coast and there are lots that are great at streamers etc...me, I am an expert lamppost watcher! Lol :)

Guest archiesmummy

It seems really bitter herecold.gif , but that may be because I spent the last week in temps in the thirties.

Yes your really going to feel the cold, esp tonight! After a hot holiday its a real chill to the bone sort of cold...hope you had a wonderful time?

Bet Surrey feels the same, brrr!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Yes your really going to feel the cold, esp tonight! After a hot holiday its a real chill to the bone sort of cold...hope you had a wonderful time?

Bet Surrey feels the same, brrr!

Had a fab time, was just what I needed and I've got till monday off to continue to relax.

Beautiful weather, beautiful scenery, beautiful sea, beautiful food, what more can you ask for?

You're right, definately feels massively different!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Sometimes but I see it more as getting people excited and well informed of coming snow, sometimes it gets out of hand but in such a good way!

Some of the rampers are excellent forecasters. Including ,John and coast and there are lots that are great at streamers etc...me, I am an expert lamppost watcher! Lol smile.png

Cant do lamp post watching any more bloody council turn them of after 10.00 Ba bleeding humbug....Ah ha inspiration put some 500 watt flood lights around the roof.

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Cant do lamp post watching any more bloody council turn them of after 10.00 Ba bleeding humbug....Ah ha inspiration put some 500 watt flood lights around the roof.

Jason, you need one of these.....

post-10773-0-38500900-1347469095_thumb.j

Guest archiesmummy

That's an outrage! You can come and watch mine, but that's no good for knowing if its snowing at yours...MKs idea is a good one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi All,

Tracy

Welcome to NW, Tracy. Congratulations for tomorrow and hope it stays fine for you. :D

I'm training to become a Hot Air Balloon Pilot, if i ever do eventually become a pilot, i'm happy to give you a flight :)

Oooh, that'd be great. Thank you, Mark. And good luck with your training. :)

Posted

What a horrible night, it's dark, it's cold and it's pouring with rain here....I'm off for a nice hot bath and get in my PJ's now I've finished work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

What a horrible night, it's dark, it's cold and it's pouring with rain here....I'm off for a nice hot bath and get in my PJ's now I've finished work.

Don't blame you MK, blankets on bed tonight I think :(