Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - August 30th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Welcome back here Mark, I've really enjoyed looking at your pictures on facebook good.gif

I missed the Northampton balloon festival this year !

Me too...... so get to the back of the line blum.gif

Thanks, i did get round to taking alot of pictures this year. Glad you liked them :)

When i hopefully become a pilot, i want to fly as many people as possible that would you like to fly, on the cheap aswell compared to big balloon companies like Virgin.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Thanks, i did get round to taking alot of pictures this year. Glad you liked them :)

When i hopefully become a pilot, i want to fly as many people as possible that would you like to fly, on the cheap aswell compared to big balloon companies like Virgin.

I can see it now.....a basket full of weather watchers all frantically taking notes and photographing clouds. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Ahem, no disrespect to our next door neighbours, but Eastbourne is far superior and more genteel

Unfortunately I've only ever seen Eastbourne from Beachy Head, but I'm sure you're correct.biggrin.png

I was thinking of going there once, but someone told me it was a bit too quiet?

Edit. Just looked at it on Wikipedia and it looks good and not too quiet for me - my least favourite seaside resort I've ever been to is Blackpool...

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Unfortunately I've only ever seen Eastbourne from Beachy Head, but I'm sure you're correct.biggrin.png

I was thinking of going there once, but someone told me it was a bit too quiet?

It is quite laid back but generally tidy and clean without too many incidents. Of course we do have the most amount of sunshine in the UK ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastbourne ) but that has suffered a bit this year. All in all it's a nice place to live and you are only a few miles from countryside, The Downs or the beach :good:

Posted

It is quite laid back but generally tidy and clean without too many incidents. Of course we do have the most amount of sunshine in the UK ( http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Eastbourne ) but that has suffered a bit this year. All in all it's a nice place to live and you are only a few miles from countryside, The Downs or the beach good.gif

Snap!laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I can see it now.....a basket full of weather watchers all frantically taking notes and photographing clouds. biggrin.png

While up in Balloons i like to take alot of photographs with the weather. I have uploaded a few in the photo gallery on here.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It is quite laid back but generally tidy and clean without too many incidents. Of course we do have the most amount of sunshine in the UK ( http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Eastbourne ) but that has suffered a bit this year. All in all it's a nice place to live and you are only a few miles from countryside, The Downs or the beach good.gif

Are you sure you don't work for the Eastbourne tourist board ?

post-10773-0-50888800-1347537728_thumb.j

...you would make a very good visitor guide blum.gif

Posted

Are you sure you don't work for the Eastbourne tourist board ?

post-10773-0-50888800-1347537728_thumb.j

...you would make a very good visitor guide blum.gif

The trouble is the word 'genteel' reminds me of a resort, very close to where I live, called Frinton On Sea. If I was to guess a word that it would use to describe itself, it would be genteel.

Different horses for different courses, but Frinton makes me cringe. There was a great documentary (not sure whether it was a spoof though) a few years ago on the place, which had the locals up in arms.biggrin.png

Happily Eastbourne doesn't seem anything like that.smile.png

Posted

I am proud of my town and although I've not lived for any length of time outside of it, I can't really think of anywhere else I'd rather drive back towards at the end of a busy day. 10 minutes and I'm walking along the sea shore and the World is always a slightly better place for that.

en_suite_single_room_near_eastbourne_96302700893170927.jpg

Mind you it's glorious weather here in Benny Hill today and a quick spell around the block on the bike in the warm sunshine is a great tonic.

Posted

Just been out for a bit. Fabulous day out there at the moment.cool.png

Posted

thwere are some chilly charts in october

around bonfire night and around christmas

and the new year

however these are what i call the dogs knackers

cfsnh-2-2814.png?18

cfsnh-2-2832.png?18

cfsnh-2-2838.png?18

cfsnh-2-2844.png?18

cfsnh-2-2862.png?18

cfsnh-2-2874.png?18

cfsnh-2-2880.png?18

cfsnh-2-2892.png?18

below my birthday

cfsnh-2-2916.png?18

cfsnh-2-2928.png?18

cfsnh-2-2946.png?18

cfsnh-2-2976.png?18

lasts right to the 13th

february dont look to sad either blum.gifblum.gifblum.gif

JP gotta say lovely but fanciful lol acute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gif

to my very basic and untrained eye that shows a polar vortex split lol

Guest archiesmummy

JP gotta say lovely but fanciful lol acute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gifacute.gif

to my very basic and untrained eye that shows a polar vortex split lol

Is that good or bad from a cold lovers point of view? What does it mean? Sorry if really thick!

Posted

Mind you it's glorious weather here in Benny Hill today and a quick spell around the block on the bike in the warm sunshine is a great tonic.

It certainly is...even without any gin to go with it good.gif

which reminds me I need to add cheap gin to the shopping list ready for making the sloe gin !

Just been out for a bit. Fabulous day out there at the moment.cool.png

a bit of what...second thoughts don't answer that unknw.gif

It is a fabulous day here too, although looking at the deciduous trees on my walk earlier it won't be long before we start to see the leaves turning now.

Posted

Is that good or bad from a cold lovers point of view? What does it mean? Sorry if really thick!

They would be good. They are showing the air temperatures at the 850hpa atmospheric level - approx 1 mile up (1,500M).

You can then estimate the temperature at sea level (or whatever altitude your location is), by adding a degree C for every 150m or so that you descend from that height, until you get to your altitude. This isn't an exact science as dry air and saturated air have different warming rates etc.

Someone with more technical knowledge might want to elaborate further, but the gist of those charts is cold weather. smile.png

Edited by Steve C

Posted

It certainly is...even without any gin to go with it good.gif

which reminds me I need to add cheap gin to the shopping list ready for making the sloe gin !

a bit of what...second thoughts don't answer that unknw.gif

It is a fabulous day here too, although looking at the deciduous trees on my walk earlier it won't be long before we start to see the leaves turning now.

A bit of buying a birthday card for my nephew, who will be 4 next week!laugh.png

Guest archiesmummy

They would be good. They are showing the air temperatures at the 850hpa atmospheric level - approx 1 mile up (1,500M).

You can then estimate the temperature at sea level (or whatever altitude your location is), by adding a degree C for every 150m or so that you descend from that height, until you get to your altitude. This isn't an exact science as dry air and saturated air have different warming rates etc.

Someone with more technical knowledge might want to elaborate further, but the gist of those charts is cold weather. smile.png

Phew...I thought it was a good thing but wasnt sure if jimmy was saying something different!

Thanks, I knew one of you clever lot could help a damsel in distress!

:)

Posted

The trouble is the word 'genteel' reminds me of a resort, very close to where I live, called Frinton On Sea. If I was to guess a word that it would use to describe itself, it would be genteel.

Different horses for different courses, but Frinton makes me cringe. There was a great documentary (not sure whether it was a spoof though) a few years ago on the place, which had the locals up in arms.biggrin.png

Happily Eastbourne doesn't seem anything like that.smile.png

Nothing 'genteel' about most OAP's when they have a mobility scooter...

post-10773-0-77092800-1347547122_thumb.j

...I know what you mean about these 'club 60-100 resorts' though, but as you say I'm sure Eastbourne isn't like that cool.png

MK has the answer...there is a purpose built 'retirement village' here !

Posted

Phew...I thought it was a good thing but wasnt sure if jimmy was saying something different!

Thanks, I knew one of you clever lot could help a damsel in distress!

smile.png

have a read of this

http://weatherfaqs.org.uk/node/142

you might find this useful

the charts i post are only for fun at present blum.gif

however i am picking charts that would melt the server here smile.png

Posted

have a read of this

http://weatherfaqs.org.uk/node/142

you might find this useful

the charts i post are only for fun at present blum.gif

however i am picking charts that would melt the server here smile.png

That's a very good link!

Posted

Looking like more of the same for a while, with just a blip in a weeks time?

MU_London_avn.png

...I know what you mean about these 'club 60-100 resorts' though, but as you say I'm sure Eastbourne isn't like that cool.png

It has a certain reputation regarding the elderly which in previous years may have been true. But there are a wide range of ages, cultures and types here now and with the harbour development expanding, there are quiet a few upmarket homes aimed at the young and better off. It's good enough for Michael Fish!

Posted

It has a certain reputation regarding the elderly which in previous years may have been true. But there are a wide range of ages, cultures and types here now and with the harbour development expanding, there are quiet a few upmarket homes aimed at the young and better off. It's good enough for Michael Fish!

I'm sorry but that has made me chuckle.....Michael Fish didn't even look young in 1977

post-10773-0-32601600-1347548700_thumb.j

(sorry if your reading this Mr Fish - I love you really air_kiss.gif )

Anyway if it's good enough for you Coast then I'm sure it's marvellous, I must visit again sometime soon to see for myself...the last time I was there was for a radio 1 road show, Tony Blackburn was the DJ (probably early 80's I guess)

Posted

Personally I love Eastbourne, though admittedly Im getting on a bit now, Ive liked the place for years. The drive, or walk for those fit enough (I was until recently ) from Eastbourne to Cuckmere Haven via Birling Gap is quite stunning.

No wonder Coast sings its praises so often. Coast can you just confirm the Bonfire Parade and Fireworks display in Eastbourne is on October 6th this year please. I know the one in Hastings is on October 13th, and I have booked leave to be down for both. I can thouroughly recommend these events. Sussex does these events like nowhere else Ive seen.

Oh, and its been a very pleasant day here in droll old NW London today. Nice breeze, scattered cloud and pleasantly warm. Have a great weekend everyone.

Posted

Excellent, thanks John, I love your sexy cold charts so keep em coming!

Big kiss for you! Mwa! smile.png

wink.png

Nothing 'genteel' about most OAP's when they have a mobility scooter...

post-10773-0-77092800-1347547122_thumb.j

MK has the answer...there is a purpose built 'retirement village' here !

i want to comment mk

but i might get into trouble again blum.gif