Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion

The watcher

Posted

max today of 2.1c and currently -2.8c. most of the weather forcasts for today had predicted highs of between 4c and 6c so they were far enough out. its deffo colder than they predicted. lets just hope the cold pool can stay in place long enough to give us some snow for a while at least on wed or thurs.

Posted

So Katesbridge was the coldest place in the UK last night at -4.6 and could be colder again tonight. Frost never lifted all day today. As said above, i am hoping for a wee bit of wintry stuff on wed/thurs. Probably won't happen but you never know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

overnight low of -4.2c. current temp -0.1c with plenty of frost and ice around.cold.gif

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Frost lasted all day here in shaded spots, that is some going considering I'm around 400metres from the Sea. Would put today's maximum temperature at around 3c.

Posted

Bitter cold today and very frosty and lifted in a lot of places but on Rathlin Island (yes, I made it back), there was not a drop of frost there but they say they often avoid it. Understandable I suppose.

Still no oil and therefore no heating. What a time for this to happen.

Hoping for some snow but i'd be happy to hold on if we get a drop of proper stuff before the big day!

Posted

almost an ice day here. max of 0.1c for about half an hour. temp fell to -2c earlier but been on the rise ever since. currently -0.2c. quite a potent wee cold spell and wouldnt be surprised if we got something wintry tomorrow evening as the front moves northeast.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

So my gut feeling was wrong this year!! What a load if crap! Lol! Maybe we will get a taste of winter in the new year!

ATM it looks like we can forget about getting a cold spell for the rest of this month :( ,didnt think id be saying that a week ago.

I was really hoping for a cold xmas this year,doesnt look likely at present.

Posted

Sundog it was bad enough being let down at the end of November but getting kicked in the teeth for a second time wasn't good! Who would have thought a couple of weeks ago that we would be heading for a zonal Xmas. I certainly won't be getting my hopes up for anything cold in the New Year either. I think part of the problem that this was such a big let down was spending so much time in the model thread! It can be a complete disaster in there at times so i'm staying away until the new year! Lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm looking for the safer route to cold, especially for us. That is an Atlantic/Greenland block. Looks like some ridges from the Azores are now showing in the models, this will help slow down the Atlantic train a bit, it may look mild and unsettled, but things can change very quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

cool, wet type of weather. was raining very heavily earlier, but sun is comingout now. at least its not mild.smile.png