Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion

The watcher

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Depressing!! That Is all!!

The model output is depressing atm. At the start of this month it looked like this month would have great potential, now im like were the hell did it all go wrongdoh.gif .

Still plenty of winter left though so time is on our side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Interesting output for around Christmas day. We may see some snowfall this side of Winter afterall, and the ensembles show that it is not an outlier at all, it is supported for a cool down around Christmas day. How cool/cold, still debatable. Greenland may actually go green for a change (in 850temps), while we go white at ground level.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

Quite frankly, I won't get excited by anything until its within 72/48... The models really are not coping well with the NH pattern change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

The models do cope better with Greenland height rises, definitely more so than they do with HP on the continent. Seeing a hint of this is most of the time a good sign which is why the ensembles show much less scatter than they did when the Easterly was showing. You are right to keep a level head though, with such pace in the Atlantic and so much energy being thrown around, it needs to be a strong build to remain in situ. Could very well only be a 48 hour spell of Northerlies.

Posted

Watcher i would take anything at this stage! Still plenty of time left this winter to see some substantial cold spells! When i was young around the late 80's early 90's cold spells came in bursts. You would have a week of cold, a thaw to something less cold then back to cold again. It was just a constant cycle. Things have changed in weather patterns and the change that's happening now is a complete headache for forecasters!!

Posted

There certainly is Pomeroy!! The models are now showing a chance of a NW/N flow after Christmas!! Just the setup that I'm craving for! If

You want some eye candy then go to

metcheck and put in Derry or Omagh and have a look at the extended outlook! Temps down to -9 at night with plenty of snow from NYE!! But after all the let downs I won't count my chickens before they hatch! Interesting times ahead if this verifys!!

PS. Watcher please can we have a nice shiny new thread. This is the first time this winter that we have seen models more favoured to our little country so let's get rid of all the Easterly crap that we have talked about over the past few months?

Edited by ronan

Posted

Possible N/NW'ly from Boxing day with the potential for snow. Ignore the IMBYism in the MO thread. Hopefully the models will continue with the trend.

Posted

I think Mr Murr and most of the Easterners have thrown the dummy's out of the pram and to be honest I don't blame them with the amount of let downs that there has been! Now its our time, our place, our fleg and our SNOW!! LOL!!

Posted

If the model output is correct, then it would be Boxing Day when we see some sort of N/NW'ly. I'd gladly accept that as a late Christmas present.