Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

Lovely day in what has on the whole been a decent September here. Currently 17.3C and just cut the grass and tidied the garden after this week's gales.

Edited by howham

Posted

MWIS for Wednesday:

Frequent rain/snow

Showers of snow on higher areas, and significant risk of the showers merging to give several hours of persistent precipitation, giving blizzards above about 900m. This most likely Cairngorms and Monadhliath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Nice day today isn't it? :) Makes a change for once! How is everyone?

Posted

Lovely day in what has on the whole been a decent September here. Currently 17.3C and just cut the grass and tidied the garden after this week's gales.

Did exactly the same.Wind pretty strong here this afternoon so any remaining crop should be getting cut this afternoon not bad after heavy overnight rain.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ha, did my garden tidying yesterday, also pulled down and shredded useless tomato, aubergine and pepper plants, all now in the compost heap. Runner beans defunct after blowy Tuesday but we leave them up to get some properly hardened seeds for next year. Sprouts and other greens knacked due to pests of various crawling, sliding and flying varieties so back to paying shop prices for most veg now - blink.png apart from taters.

A very few Peacock, Red Admiral and Small Tortoiseshells still flitting around this afternoon. I wonder where they all hide and survive when we get three days of rain, strong winds and low temps.

Stove not needed tonight for the 1st time in about 2 weeks, not many like this to come.

Ms HC attempted Ben Wyvis today and got blown off, Mustn't laugh or say told you so...ph34r.png

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Ha, did my garden tidying yesterday, also pulled down and shredded useless tomato, aubergine and pepper plants, all now in the compost heap. Runner beans defunct after blowy Tuesday but we leave them up to get some properly hardened seeds for next year. Sprouts and other greens knacked due to pests of various crawling, sliding and flying varieties so back to paying shop prices for most veg now - blink.png apart from taters.

A very few Peacock, Red Admiral and Small Tortoiseshells still flitting around this afternoon. I wonder where they all hide and survive when we get three days of rain, strong winds and low temps.

Stove not needed tonight for the 1st time in about 2 weeks, not many like this to come.

Ms HC attempted Ben Wyvis today and got blown off, Mustn't laugh or say told you so...ph34r.png

Got a veg cage from Mrs Northernlights as a combined Xmas and birthday present(a bit expensive) this year.Have sprouts and cabbage 3 feet high with all leaves intact.(shelter from cold winds and cabbage white butterflies) Only crop in garden that has exceeded all expectations. Will try to post photo tomorrow.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

I'm happy with cold as long as we get some nice high pressure for a while bringing some brightness. What I can't stand is that windy, rainy guff it's too depressing!

Posted

GFS cooks up a screamer deep in FI:

post-2844-0-82797000-1349079268_thumb.pn

Behave you.

Posted

Can see some sort of weather coming in. How heavy the rain will be who knows but looks dark on the western horizon.............

Posted

Nuh!! It's getting to that time of year ago when we all go a little mad rofl.gif

How's tricks anyway? smile.pnggood.gif

Radar knows NUT smile.png

http://www.netweathe...tion=radar;sess=

Haha well I suppose that's true ;) Good thanks mate I'm a busy boy these days blum.gif How's things with you?

Posted

Serious rain burst rolling through, very dark and down to 10C

Think we got that not so long ago. It has now cleared up and is as if it wasn't raining at all!

Posted

Got a veg cage from Mrs Northernlights as a combined Xmas and birthday present(a bit expensive) this year.Have sprouts and cabbage 3 feet high with all leaves intact.(shelter from cold winds and cabbage white butterflies) Only crop in garden that has exceeded all expectations. Will try to post photo tomorrow.

As promised a couple of photos.post-2744-0-38106600-1349122814_thumb.jppost-2744-0-78344300-1349122868_thumb.jp

Lovely drying day strong wind and 15c maximum temperature. Lots of potatoes being lifted and the humming sound of combines in the distance. Lights of these machines visible tonight playing harvest catch up on the late sown(May) fields. Cows lying flat

out on their sides at lunchtime in the sun.

Posted

Think we got that not so long ago. It has now cleared up and is as if it wasn't raining at all!

Kind of stopped, but started again. Very chilly @ 8C and very wet outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

OOPS!!!!!

As promised a couple of photos.post-2744-0-38106600-1349122814_thumb.jppost-2744-0-78344300-1349122868_thumb.jp

Lovely drying day strong wind and 15c maximum temperature. Lots of potatoes being lifted and the humming sound of combines in the distance. Lights of these machines visible tonight playing harvest catch up on the late sown(May) fields. Cows lying flat

out on their sides at lunchtime in the sun.

I wonder what was the OOPS for? Presumably nothing too soul-destroying.

The cage looks like what we battle with over our fruit bushes each year although rather more sturdy than our bamboo framed Heath Robinson affairs. I shall investigate for next year. In the meantime, I shall have to get my jet-propulsion from 6/10 scoring Co-op white cabbage.

Oh aye - and another nice day here today. Some more garden clearing done earlier (well not later you fool, it was dark!)

Posted

A rather mucky day today. Autumn is well and truly set in stone now anyway! 9c currently and very dull. A brief respite from the rain makes a nice change though! It's pretty quiet in this part of the forum these days! Where are you all hiding? blum.gif