Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 22nd 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.

Cloudy, chilly and breezy here. Not inspiring. Maybe we'll get a wintry shower here tomorrow, but I suspect North Norfolk, East Suffolk might be more favoured.

Anyway I'll miss anything, as I'll be in Shrewsbury this weekend.

Have a good weekend all.smile.png

Posted

Maybe we'll get a wintry shower here tomorrow, but I suspect North Norfolk, East Suffolk might be more favoured.

Anyway I'll miss anything, as I'll be in Shrewsbury this weekend.

Morning Steve,

I have to say I'm not inspired towards any snow or winteryness in our region in the next few days, looking at the current output. I suspect you are more likely to see something the further North you go in the UK, but unless you are climbing a few mountains, you may miss it all together. In any event we are talking about synoptics like this very early in the season, so that is encouraging in itself. :good:

Apart from keeping warm this weekend, number one priority is getting the tortoises rounded up out of the garden and put away for the Winter. If we don't get any white stuff, I may just join them!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

I got my fingers crossed for a flake late this eve. I think anywhere in east Anglia into the home counties has a small chance of seeing a flake or two.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well it's 6.6c here in Newbury and cloudy with some light rain. As anticipated, the Temperature is moving nowhere fast and I am looking forward to seeing the Temperatures falling further once the clearance comes. good.gif

Posted

I got an e-mail from my manager a couple of days ago telling me I needed to use or lose my remaining annual leave before the end of March. I got on the phone to my very good friends in Sunny Sussex this morning and asked if I could grace them with my presence yet again sometime in January.

They said yep, no problem, you can come and house sit for us while we are in Sharm-El-Sheik for 10 days. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. search.gif

Posted

They said yep, no problem, you can come and house sit for us while we are in Sharm-El-Sheik for 10 days. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. search.gif

Well it's a great time to swap Sussex for Sharm and I might do the same myself for some top up sunshine, unless we are in the grip of a serious Winter by then.

I got my fingers crossed for a flake late this eve.

Here, have one on me right now...

Cadbury-Flake.jpg

Posted

I got an e-mail from my manager a couple of days ago telling me I needed to use or lose my remaining annual leave before the end of March. I got on the phone to my very good friends in Sunny Sussex this morning and asked if I could grace them with my presence yet again sometime in January.

Friends?? Seems to me as soon as you say your going to visit they leg it!!blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mmmmmm! This'd be even better......with some of that elusive white stuff :D

post-17085-0-93312800-1351243649_thumb.j

Posted

Morning all. Grey and chilly here today. Currently 7.3c and was drizzling when I took pup for a walk earlier.

Have put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker for tonight and will make some crusty rolls later. I quite like this winter lark. Now where are those elasticated trousers?blink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all. Grey and chilly here today. Currently 7.3c and was drizzling when I took pup for a walk earlier.

Have put a chicken casserole in the slow cooker for tonight and will make some crusty rolls later. I quite like this winter lark. Now where are those elasticated trousers?blink.png

Ahh Perfect winter meal....what time is dinner? Im only 10 mins down the A1 lol....

Cloudy and damp in Sothwark today as i look towards the London Eye....Im told its the same in Hatfield where I live. Looking forward to getting home and opening a bottle of red and having some much needed R&R....Happy Friday folks

Posted

Morning all,

I'm off to Santa Pod on Saturday for the flame and thunder show, I might be in thermals with flasks of soup and hot choc but it should be good if it stays dry !

Hope you all have a good one angel.gif

Me too!! Taking the little people lol!!! Hope its not too cold :/

Posted

We had stew and dumplings yesterday and day before ( its always better on second day) One of the good things about winter is the nursery type comfort food. Yum!

post-17085-0-91500300-1351246827_thumb.j

Posted

Friends?? Seems to me as soon as you say your going to visit they leg it!!blum.gif

Lol. I can see how it might be taken that way, but to be fair to them they have usually been at home when I visit ! Im not about to turn down the opportunity to house sit in luxury on the south coast when the alternative is a drab flat in the suberbs of nw London in January. Besides, I have more leave left so warmer climes may yet beckon dirol.gif

Posted

Im not about to turn down the opportunity to house sit in luxury on the south coast

I can't remember inviting you 'round BB?!! (give me a ring first then!! rofl.gif )

Posted

It's got really cold here now. 9c but apparently feels like 6c. Yes, it does; and its drizzling very fine rain, almost sleet-like. Nice and fresh though. :)

Posted

Winter must really be upon us when the regional threads start to mention warming comfort food!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Afternoon everyone smile.png Much colder here now 7.4c. This time yesterday was 14.2c. That wind also is getting rather strong now and feeling quite raw. I hope that some of you in the far east, may get showers turning wintry overnight, perhaps sleety. Though has some have already said i think the more Close to East Anglia/Lincolnshire the better, also with elevation. Who knows though; could always get something special falling, a flake or two mixed in :D

Edited by Mark 'Ox' Neal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Whilst nothing too spectacular should be expected in this region, you never know what a bit of elevation and convection might bring. However I am looking forward to removing the crud many have endured since last Saturday.

I thought my post over in the cold spell thread might be of interest. drinks.gif

Posted

Afternoon everyone smile.png

'Noon Ox! Was ruddy freezing on the brief walk I had around the block at lunchtime and I don't think this is the coldest it's going to get in the next couple of days by a long chalk yet.

Looks like I get down the magic zero on Sunday morning first thing:

48_31.gif

But add the effects of the wind and the chill will make it ruddy perishing out in exposed areas! I don't suppose it's even a patch on where things might drop this Winter, but it is a shock to the system after the last week or so.

Guest archiesmummy

Yellow warnings for snow already! Ok not in our area but is certainly a welcome sight for me to be seeing the warnings out!

Still not even winter!

Posted

Ahh Perfect winter meal....what time is dinner? Im only 10 mins down the A1 lol....

Cloudy and damp in Sothwark today as i look towards the London Eye....Im told its the same in Hatfield where I live. Looking forward to getting home and opening a bottle of red and having some much needed R&R....Happy Friday folks

6:30pm. Better be on time, as with my family of gannets it will be gone quick. Oh and bring the bottle of red. wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

6.6 °C here, but the wind chill is now 4.4 °C - I'm going to have to wear my warm coat for my night out on the town tonight !

Posted

Well the cold is on it's way to all of us now, if you haven't felt it already in your part of the region.

LOC_20121026_0900.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Well the cold is on it's way to all of us now, if you haven't felt it already in your part of the region.

I felt it when I went out earlier in a couple of my regions, I knew I should have put my body warmer on pardon.gif