Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ November 1st 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning SE and EAers!

Only down to 3.2°C in balmy Eastbourne overnight and currently still at that temperature. Full on frost on the cars so a big scrapping season in a moment to clear the screen.

Posted

Good morning all. Another night shift completed and it involved scraping the car windows 3 times in all. 1/....at 8pm in Northwood as I was leaving for work. 2/....at 2am, popping out on my lunch break to grab a cheeseburger and 3/....at 6am this morning as I was leaving work.

All in all its a very pleasant Autumnal morning, with a slight frost, and pockets of mist here and there. It looks like being a fairly non-descript week weather wise for us folk here in The South East and East Anglia ?

Last night warranted a 3 on BB's Li scale. Have a good day all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. I think it got down to about 3c in Norwich last night; but in my house it feels more like -25. :o Brrrrr! Cold old place but on the plus side, the landlord dug into his deeeeeep pockets and installed double glazing in March. So that should help.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Guest archiesmummy

Good morning guys and gals!

First frost of Autumn! What a beautiful sight, such a shame is set to get milder, compared to last night, I just cannot wait for the snow to arrive I might just wet myself!

Hope you all have a great day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, it is sheltered. Interestingly, on the 'wunderground' site above (excellent by the way), it has Wickford at 4.8C which is only about 5 miles from Chelmsford (I'm about 5 miles to the South East of Chelmsford). That's quite a wide discrepancy for such a small area?

Possibly down to the soil type? There are large stretches of sandy soil in Essex, which could be a factor?

I know Writtle, near Chelmsford, has a more extreme temperature range than other places close by.

Must have been close to an air frost for me this morning. The car briefly showed a red ice warning.

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The frost has soon melted here, 3.8 °C and lovely sunshine - I really enjoy this kind of weather can we keep it until spring please and just throw in a few snow days for good measure angel.gif

Posted

The frost has soon melted here, 3.8 °C and lovely sunshine - I really enjoy this kind of weather can we keep it until spring please and just throw in a few snow days for good measure angel.gif

Definitely nice here at the moment too, however it seems like it's going to go down the pan within a very few hours.sad.png

Posted

Definitely nice here at the moment too, however it seems like it's going to go down the pan within a very few hours.sad.png

Oh well, I will be working 11am - 7pm today with very few breaks, certainly not long enough to get out there and enjoy it !

Posted

Cirrostratus now starting to cover the sky here. Not much longer for the fine start to the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Got down to -3c here just outside Oxford City area. Although benson probably went lower. Coldest night so far this winter (autumn) though..

Posted

Cirrostratus now starting to cover the sky here. Not much longer for the fine start to the day.

Same here but as I'm in my work clothes with hair up all ready to go I'm not too bothered , I won't get a chance to do more than a quick walk up the post office at lunchtime now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Bit milder today, temps creeping above 10C for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Very fine drizzle here in N now and it's quite dark. As for the temperature, I have no idea as I am currently immersed in 16 th century Essex. (I'm now having a coffee break) :)

Posted

Back from visiting a new client in beautiful sunshine! A chance to get the heating up and the top down which can't be bad for November even if it's only 9°C according to the car display. The sun is low though and makes driving interesting, but I'll take it over dull and dingy anytime please :good:

Edited by Coast

Posted

Sun disappeared behind thickening cloud here now.

Posted

Sun disappeared behind thickening cloud here now.

Same here, looking quiet miserable now compared to this morning !

Back from visiting a new client in beautiful sunshine! A chance to get the heating up and the top down which can't be bad for November even if it's only 9°C according to the car display. The sun is low though and makes driving interesting, but I'll take it over dull and dingy anytime please good.gif

7.3 °C here but my top isn't going up or down (it would be most unprofessional angel.gif )

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

7.3 °C here but my top isn't going up or down (it would be most unprofessional angel.gif )

Well it's any excuse for me, but then I am totally unprofessional......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

After a sunny morning it has turned much more cloudier this afternoon. Temperatures responding however upto 10.1c now. Winds 12mph WSW.