Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion ~ December 4th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
post-11059-0-66681100-1354692650_thumb.jView from work. Still snowing, but lighter. Edited by Steve C

Posted

Not sure what happened here as it was before I woke up! We have some slushy wet stuff on the car windscreens and some white patches on the grass though so I guess we had a bit of snow good.gif

I live in a valley though, so there's probably more on the tops of the Chilterns...

Enjoy everyone who has a bit more!!

Edited by Snow Obsession

Posted

Snow in Raynes Park. Light but settling nicely. Wasn't expecting this and a great start to winter!

Posted

Going to do the school run walking stylee today, should get some stunning pictures later, this is the type of Snow that makes the trees look amazing, almost like someone has sprinkled them with flour. A good centimetre on the grass already here in Sarf East Essex!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My words last night as I left for bed, before the twenty other pages had since appeared.

Either way, there is a bigger chance now than I thought previously, here's to a fairly small-sized widespread covering come morning. drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

It seems I was somewhere near, in spite of all the uncertainty.

As for my location, yes we've had some wet snow prior to me waking but it's not even worth a picture, I will claim my first SNOW day of the winter season though. Here's to Thursday and then Friday's event and beyond. clapping.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Well done, Yamkin just about to declare state of emergency in Croydon! rofl.gif

Regards,

Tom.

laugh.png

Big fat flakes now and accumalating fast.smiliz39.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Snow just started here in Higham (ME3)! Work not happy but as they don`t make 4 wheel drive motorbikes they can whistle. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Beautiful scene in Dartford now just like magic it's trying to settle on roof and trees at east

Posted

Morning everyone. Have woken up to a nice coating of snow this morning here in west Cambs. Not looking forward to the trek to Cambridge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

My words last night as I left for bed, before the twenty other pages had since appeared.

Either way, there is a bigger chance now than I thought previously, here's to a fairly small-sized widespread covering come morning. drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

It seems I was somewhere near, in spite of all the uncertainty.

As for my location, yes we've had some wet snow prior to me waking but it's not even worth a picture, I will claim my first SNOW day of the winter season though. Here's to Thursday and then Friday's event and beyond. clapping.gif

Hi GLTW is there a chance for us southerners tomorrow? Rain to snow to snow? Rain with snow on hills?? It seems further north really, but it has me wondering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Here is a quick radar grab, but beware this lot is moving through quite sharpish in the general direction shown.

post-7183-0-43062700-1354693054_thumb.pn

Posted

Think the band it's now clearing from here.

Light snow falling / getting lighter by the minute.

Inch has settled, everywhere is Christmassy and white, couldn't ask for a better start to winter.

BBC in my opinion were really poor in their TV forecasts yesterday, they said " sleet for the tops of the chilterns" how wrong we're they?

Thank god for this site.

I hear it could be snowing in the SE on Friday too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

John Pikes charts not so silly now eh?!

Good call mate! smile.png

Were people saying that his charts were silly?

Posted

John Pikes charts not so silly now eh?!

Good call mate! smile.png

Never were, just who is calling them silly, I wonder. search.gif

FI is still around the 9th December so beware of anything further away than that.

I think the SE could be in for a lot of disruptive snow on occasions this winter, but that is a hunch rather than a forecast.

After today's episode, eyes firmly fixed to Thursday and Friday's events.

Posted

Here is a quick radar grab, but beware this lot is moving through quite sharpish in the general direction shown.

Morning snowy peeps!

Well congratulations to all of you that have seen a dusting or more, will we get any further South? Fingers crossed and an eye on the radar!

The area covered by this small event sees to have been well covered by the various charts and models and that should be encouraging for the rest of the season as we look for further possibilities and that big elusive dump!

Posted

Wow, what a difference a few minutes to watch Carol Kirkwood do the weather make! Huge snowflakes falling now:)

And we're back to rain again in Surbiton now! Got to show it to son before it went at least, although he still wants a 'snow day''!

Posted

Hi GLTW is there a chance for us southerners tomorrow? Rain to snow to snow? Rain with snow on hills?? It seems further north really, but it has me wondering.

The last time I looked there was.

See my post below, as to how I see things panning out, in the near future.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75169-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-december-4th-2012/page__st__60#entry2429592

I'm not the expert of experts but I'm sure it should assist folk who are wondering where could be heading right now.

Posted

I hear it could be snowing in the SE on Friday too.

Maybe, is all I can say so far!

54_20.gif

60_20.gif