Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18th December 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping this one won't be as soggy as the last, that the Sun will win the battle in the summer and that we'll soon be buried under the white stuff, finally digging our way out ready for Easter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Nice sunny morning, Stables out exercising horses, Rather spring like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

First post after lurking for years! It's not raining in East Cornwall for the first time for what seems like months!

Hope everything starts to dry up.

Posted

First post after lurking for years! It's not raining in East Cornwall for the first time for what seems like months!

great in it the sun shining hardly a breath of wind 2013 is great.

Oh and welcome to the madhouse.

Edited by BARRY

Posted

Welcome to the best of the webs weather forums.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

i dont if anybody has read this today.

snapback.pngfergieweather, on 01 January 2013 - 16:22 , said:

Absolutely. This is a crucial posting and everyone new to model-watching needs to appreciate the inevitable level of flux we'll now see in MOS into the longer medium-range/trend period. It's a fascinating time developing and trust me - the more I hear about what could happen later January from UKMO colleagues, the more exciting it becomes. There's a real buzz in discussions about this one.... (and I'm not normally drawn by such things!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Absolutely. This is a crucial posting and everyone new to model-watching needs to appreciate the inevitable level of flux we'll now see in MOS into the longer medium-range/trend period. It's a fascinating time developing and trust me - the more I hear about what could happen later January from UKMO colleagues, the more exciting it becomes. There's a real buzz in discussions about this one.... (and I'm not normally drawn by such things!!)

I think most of Netweather have read that today.

Second half of winter is looking very interesting to say the least. Think it will be a slow process & will need a couple of bites of the cherry, but its looking far more promising than the current output.

Posted

I think most of Netweather have read that today.

Second half of winter is looking very interesting to say the least. Think it will be a slow process & will need a couple of bites of the cherry, but its looking far more promising than the current output.

In 1963 the southwest took the brunt of the snowfall if that happens god knows what it would be like and i remember that winter

Posted

Happy New Year everyone. Anyone noticed that it's stopped raining?!!! Went to Bigbury beach and Burgh island today. Beautiful afternoon, could not believe how cold it felt in the strong wind. Certainly blew cobwebs and hangovers away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold WInters, Hot & Thundery Summers

Happy New Year everyone. Anyone noticed that it's stopped raining?!!! Went to Bigbury beach and Burgh island today. Beautiful afternoon, could not believe how cold it felt in the strong wind. Certainly blew cobwebs and hangovers away.

Great way to start the year! Lovely part of the World. Glad its stopped raining- I've got to take down my runner bean poles from my allotment- not been able to get there since August!! Hopefully the ground will dry up a bit now. Interesting couple of weeks ahead now model wise if this SSW event materialises. If the cold does arrive, there could be problems with cliff falls and landslides with all the water seeping through rocks freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hi all! My first post on this forum. I have always been really interested in the weather so took the plunge and joined this great site. I'm not great at reading the model outputs but am looking forward to learning. In the mean time I can at least give the latest weather reports from here in Patchway, South Glos during weather events. Anyway here's hoping for some nice cold winter weather towards the second half of January and the remainder of winter.

Edited by Bristol/John

Posted

But (I assume that Ian is referring to cold/snow)........weren't the MetO as sure as anything that we were going to get lots of cold and snow a few weeks ago?

I refuse to believe we will be getting any snow until I can actually see it falling.

Having said that, I bought the last snow shovel in Sainsbury's yesterday.....reduced from £14.99 to £4.99. I got a few funny looks carrying it around, but I've wanted one for years having previously had to use a spade.

Will it just be sitting around, redundant, in the garage with the rock salt or will it prove very useful later this month?

Time will tell!

PS It's raining again.

Edited by noggin

Posted

Hi all! My first post on this forum.

Welcome John and happy posting! :good:

I refuse to believe we will be getting any snow until I can actually see it falling.

rofl.gif It's the only sure-fire way of avoiding disappointment!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi all! My first post on this forum.

Hello Bristol John, welcome to the forum smile.png

Posted

Forgot to welcome nettie, davecornwall and Bristol/John to our fold,so......

"Welcome to nettie, davecornwall and Bristol/John".

You know that you will end up with frazzled nerves here, I'm sure!drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Calm overcast morning, First time for while no weather warnings posted by Met office for 5 day outlook

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold!!

Hi Noggin,

Having 'lurked' for so many years my nerves frazzled a few years ago!

The weather today is a bit drizzly and overcast....well yesterday was nice so can't complain.

Having lived in Cornwall for the last six years I'm now used to days on end of rain and cloud.......Wiltshire weather was far better!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi all! My first post on this forum. I have always been really interested in the weather so took the plunge and joined this great site. I'm not great at reading the model outputs but am looking forward to learning. In the mean time I can at least give the latest weather reports from here in Patchway, South Glos during weather events. Anyway here's hoping for some nice cold winter weather towards the second half of January and the remainder of winter.

Hi there,

Yes, you will enjoy it in here and also in the other threads. Depending on how much knowledge you already have, you won't fail to stop learning from the best in netweather. good.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Looks like a mild few days to come down here now before cooling off to nearer average in week 2.

Look at the uppers this week;

post-12721-0-43241500-1357127069_thumb.j

Posted

Tis nice to have some drier weather but it is certainly doing it in a rather uninteresting fashion.

My local forecast says it all really http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640834 Mild cloudy and dull with nothing happening.

my boring weather alarm bells are certainly ringing loudly..