Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted

meto gives me light snow for Saturday, will only be temporary of course, mild air floods back in on monday

Uh? where is the mild air forecast? I thought it was getting colder Mon/Tues?

Posted

SHOCK horror the 12z now shows it stalling 10 miles south west of here :lol: this winter is so predictable, fully expect a bone dry weekend now and then milder air toppling in monday with no breakdown, gods sake :lol: roll on summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The GFS 06Z apparently had Lows trying to crash through from the West from Monday onwards with the block to the West getting pushed to the South of us allowing milder Westerly winds to break through.

It's probably a one-off, however, with both the ECMWF and GEM models joining forces with each other and disagreeing with the GFS's milder solution. (Although it shouldn't be entirely ignored incase the GFS had spotted a new trend, though personally hoping it's just been having a bit of a 'wobble').

Edit: in reply to picog.

@conor123 Ar nuts! That darn Telford snow shield. Hopefully the 18Z run will take care of that shield. :)

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

blimey it's quiet in here....I'd have thought most of you would be wetting yourselves in excitement at the prospect of snowy Saturday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Everyones location gone! looks like dry weekend yes, GFS 12Z slight improvement, cold now mon and tues

Posted

blimey it's quiet in here....I'd have thought most of you would be wetting yourselves in excitement at the prospect of snowy Saturday!

The trend is to take the system South ? Could be good for Worcester/Cheltenham/Hereford, but there seems to be a lot of uncertainty.

Posted

The trend is to take the system South ? Could be good for Worcester/Cheltenham/Hereford, but there seems to be a lot of uncertainty.

yeah agree with that, these systems love to go south, dont expect another 18th Dec, not a flake for me, but a foot in southern areas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

meto gives me light snow for Saturday, will only be temporary of course, mild air floods back in on monday

If you put all faith in the GFS....

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

That dam snow shield is such a pain in the jacksies, agreement on ECM & UKMO to for the snow to stall just south west of here, best hope now is something ala ECM with low sinking south east Sunday Night.

Posted

yeah agree with that, these systems love to go south, dont expect another 18th Dec, not a flake for me, but a foot in southern areas

yep we all know what tends to happen is that itll stay light and patchy, and struggle to make it north of the channel rofl.gif

Posted

We've been here before. Sometimes it works out for us (18th Dec 2010)...sometimes it doesn't. I think things look Ok for us now...but we're near the stage where only radar watching will give us an answer. Going to be fun/frustrating (delete as appropriate on Saturday) finding out!

In the meantime, getting foggy here in Upper Gornal...frosty too. Haven't had a night like this since 13th/14th December? Can't actually remember when.

Posted

We've been here before. Sometimes it works out for us (18th Dec 2010)...sometimes it doesn't. I think things look Ok for us now...but we're near the stage where only radar watching will give us an answer. Going to be fun/frustrating (delete as appropriate on Saturday) finding out!

In the meantime, getting foggy here in Upper Gornal...frosty too. Haven't had a night like this since 13th/14th December? Can't actually remember when.

I would be happy with another 18th Dec, even if it means southern areas getting over a foot, had around 8cms but was meant to completely miss me, classed it as lucky, different this time i feel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I hope it gets to stoke you never know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Sorry Cold Stoke but fat chance for us in Warwick so even less for you guys :-( but as always you never know !

Posted

FI this but its the shortwave from Iceland area thats the interesting bit, being modelled as a snowfest on some models, could be gone of course on 00Z's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thick Dense Fog here tonight. Can barely see across the road!

Posted

Sorry Cold Stoke but fat chance for us in Warwick so even less for you guys :-( but as always you never know !

You look good.

from Brum southwards looks to have some white stuff on Saturday. that could change though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/20964928

Thick Dense Fog here tonight. Can barely see across the road!

Same here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Some fog here but nothing major

what's happened to user locations by the way?

Edited by weatherguy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I think they've temporarily taken them off to save on bandwidth - they must be expecting the forum to get busier for some reason :-) We can put locations in posts from now on.

Mine's Polesworth in North Warks and I'm hoping for a serious snow hit this year after so many near misses all around me in previous years.

Posted

Very dense fog here...but it's arrival seems to have melted the frost that started to form.